ADVERTISEMENT

East Carteret

East boys game canceled because of bad weather in Princeton. The roads are clear in Carteret county. I guess now we are looking at Friday-Saturday-sunday possibility.
The east girls game is still on for today @east Columbus.

Mariners, I am just not sure that the association will allow Sunday games. If they have a pretty good feeling that they can finish on Monday, I think that is what they will do. I think the only way they would allow a Sunday game is if a sectional had gotten so far behind that a 2nd round game needed to be played.

You may be correct. If east boys had to play on Monday they would still have one day off. The 1-A boys eastern regional start Wednesday and the girls start Thursday.
The 3-A boys and the 2-A girls are scheduled to play Tuesday. I thought the association might try to give some schools a day off. I guess the Tuesday classifications could double up on other days.

Originally posted by Alleghany84:

Mariners, I am just not sure that the association will allow Sunday games. If they have a pretty good feeling that they can finish on Monday, I think that is what they will do. I think the only way they would allow a Sunday game is if a sectional had gotten so far behind that a 2nd round game needed to be played.
Agreed. You won't see games this Sunday. The problem arise if teams don't get in at least one game this week. Then, there would be potential for 5 games next week but that's not going to be allowed. That could push the Regional tourney into a possible Sunday play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT