ADVERTISEMENT

East Carteret

marinersgold

Jan 26, 2014
East defeated a good Pamlico team last nite @East 78-45. That was an impressive win for the Mariners in front of a packed house.
Next up for the Mariners on Monday is 4-A Pine Forest. Pine Forest has 12 kids listed over 6'with a couple at 6'7. This will be another test for EC. The game will be played at Union High School.
Good luck Mariners!

Originally posted by marinersgold:

East wins over Bear Grass Aca. 83-26.
Good win for the predominately second team guys. The running clock at the beginning of the third quarter slowed our scoring down but I've never seen so many reserves hitting three pointers...

East@ Southside Wednesday night( weather permitting) should be a good one. Southside (4-1,10-3) beat Northside last night and played well in a close loss at Pamlico. They have a very good pg who can score and create for the other players.

Good luck Mariners!

With the score tied at 27-27 at the 4:23 mark of the
second quarter, East Carteret scored 55 point in the next 12 minutes and
23 seconds. The score at the the end of the 3rd, East 82 Northside 57.

Jacque Brown had 36 for the game. Ty Simmons 31, Sam Johnson 26

The post so nice, you make it twice. Seriously, though, saw this on the other thread and though, "wow, that's some incredible firepower to have 3 players with 25+ points against a quality opponent."

Sorry about that, my computer shut down and i was not sure which topic I actually was posting on.

Bam Bam is a very good player with a lot of upside, however he has little help and no coaching. The kid needs to go prep next year if he wants to improve.

The best player on the court was Jacque Brown.

Big week for East coming up with three games.

Monday @ Lejune
The pups are down this year and East should win this one.

Wednesday 3-A Coastal leader Havelock comes to East.The mariners won the first match-up @ Havelock. The Rams will be ready and East will have to be ready.

Friday East is at Pamlico.
This imo is the last big regular season game left for the mariners. East won the first game but playing at Pamlico is a different story. The hurricanes home court is very difficult plus they have a very good team.

Good luck mariners!

The Mariners step out of conference play tonight and take on 3A Havelock, which I believe is undefeated in conference play. First game that East and Havelock played was before the Rams got all their football players acclimated. Anyone have any thoughts on the game that may have seen the Rams play?

Just checked and saw where they beat West Carteret by 6 at home last night....
This post was edited on 2/4 11:26 AM by gfm4343

Wow What a great game. This was a classic East and Havelock game. East could not put the rams away. The Mariners went up early 15-4 and the route was on. But the Rams just would not go away and kept cutting into the lead. east got up 13 in the 2nd quqrter and the rams cut it to 8 at the half.
In the 3rd quarter the lead back up to 9,cut to 7 after 3rd quarter.In the 4th East again got it up to 9 only to see Havelock take a one point lead with under a minute. After a East free throw tied it up at 87 the Mariners turned the Rams over a played for the final shot. A missed short jumper,a miss rebound and a tip that sat on the rim and fell off,we have overtime.
In overtime the Rams led by 3 but a 9-0 run gave East the lead 96-90 with under 2to go. But Havelock made 2 shots and two freethrows while East turned it over and missed 3of 4 from the line. Havelock with 12 sec. left missed the shot ,east rebounded and trying to clear threw the ball to a ram player who missed the shot and the buzzer.
Both teams played so hard and both had chances to win. Just a great great game.

Wow What a great game. This was a classic East and Havelock game. East could not put the rams away. The Mariners went up early 15-4 and the route was on. But the Rams just would not go away and kept cutting into the lead. east got up 13 in the 2nd quqrter and the rams cut it to 8 at the half.
In the 3rd quarter the lead back up to 9,cut to 7 after 3rd quarter.In the 4th East again got it up to 9 only to see Havelock take a one point lead with under a minute. After a East free throw tied it up at 87 the Mariners turned the Rams over a played for the final shot. A missed short jumper,a miss rebound and a tip that sat on the rim and fell off,we have overtime.
In overtime the Rams led by 3 but a 9-0 run gave East the lead 96-90 with under 2to go. But Havelock made 2 shots and two freethrows while East turned it over and missed 3of 4 from the line. Havelock with 12 sec. left missed the shot ,east rebounded and trying to clear threw the ball to a ram player who missed the shot and the buzzer.
Both teams played so hard and both had chances to win. Just a great great game.
Awesome game , Havelock is gonna go deep in the 3A playoffs. They are undefeated in their conference and are one tough bunch of football players playing basketball.....

Wow! That is a lot of points for a high school game even with overtime. Almost 3 points per minute per team. Apparently defense was optional? LOL

Originally posted by Alleghany84:
Wow! That is a lot of points for a high school game even with overtime. Almost 3 points per minute per team. Apparently defense was optional? LOL
Someone is dropping the ball with our statistics. We are averaging around 83 points per game , with our second team getting a lot of playing time and taking over at around the three minute mark most games . We should be second in all divisions to Millbrook who is about a point higher. We hung 106 on The 6'9" Superstar Bam Bam Edabayou last week . The score was 46 to something at halftime but the whistle happy refs had The Mariners and The Rams in a little bit of foul trouble so we had to back off a little defensively .We uncharacteristically left a lot of points at the free throw line, and turned the all over four times as much as normal . I wouldn't say it was defense optional though , I think a shot clock operator would have gotten a workout because neither team held anything back
Havelock has a couple of real horses in Kyran Bowman ( UNC 2016 Recruit ) who is going to UNC as a WR and possible two sport athlete and Keyon Joyner , 6'4" 5 star linebacker who has an offer from every college that ever sniffed the top 25 football poll starting with Alabama thru Va Tech although he told me a last week it's between LSU and UNC. (I told him to stay home) we'll see. the rest of their guys are athletic and fast and it was definitely a game to remember .
We got up by 14 at one point but anyone who knows football players knows they never quit in a basketball game and they sure didn't last night. We let them hang around and Havelock took us into the deep water , they have improved a lot since we spanked them earlier in the season when they were still sore from the state championship run in football. Hats off to them, they'll go deep in the playoffs in 3A but they still didn't have what it takes to knock off the 1A Coastal Champs .

I've heard basketball walk-on.
He's athletic enough, a junior, not sure he would start as a freshman or anything but man that guy is lightning fast. Almost as fast as Jacque Brown and quite a bit taller. Doesn't handle the ball nearly as well as Jacque but the guy can fly like a bird too.

Sam Johnson scored 34 while Ty Simmons added 25.
smile.r191677.gif

Jacque Brown "under the weather" did not play much of the 2nd quarter and all of the 2nd half.

Originally posted by mulletboy83:
Sam Johnson scored 34 while Ty Simmons added 25.
smile.r191677.gif

Jacque Brown "under the weather" did not play much of the 2nd quarter and all of the 2nd half.
Yes sir, Sam and Ty are the two" unsung heroes , four year varsity players , unselfish workhorses. Sam is the state leader in three pointers made (last season he was also in the first spot ) , and on track to do it again. Ty Simmons approaching 1000 points and 900 rebounds for a high school career, but best of all model citizens and role models for the younger guys!! The underclassmen duo of Maceo Donald and Malik Collins stepped up big in the second half !!!

If East wants to reach their goal of the golden ring, the kids need to stay humble. Remember where you came from and enjoy the ride together.

I assume East will play the winner of the first round Southside game? Will East be playing Wednesday night?

I understand the first game for East will be Thursday night AT EAST vs Southside winner in round 1.

If true that's great. This special senior class would get to play another home game.
Do you if East wins would they play home (I assume Friday) at east or would the game be played at Pamlico?

Coach says the conference tournament has been cancelled and the next game will be Tuesday at Eddie Murrell for the 1st round of the state playoffs !!!! LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE !!!!!

Carteret county schools closed Tuesday, and Wednesday looking only a little better. Princeton has about a 2 hr. drive so I'm hoping they can play early Wednesday.

Carteret County schools closed on WEdnesday. Does this automatically preclude a game Wednesday night?

Girls game moved to 5pm Thursday.
I've not heard anything about the boys game. It's looking like a Thursday- Friday- Saturday possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT