ADVERTISEMENT

Early look at some top 4A teams for the playoffs

It's going to be interesting because the math has Hillside jumping should they and Wake Forest win. Southern Alamance is #8 with an RPI of .63765 and Millbrook is #14 with an RPI of .61065. That's a significant gap compared to Hillside at .71464 and Wake Forest at .71944 who are separated by just .0048. The final margin will be close but the loss to CG looks like it will be the difference. This is all a mute point if both lose, which I know you're rooting for because it will push New Bern to #1
Wake Forest goes down so Hillside will be #1, New Bern will be #2. Gotta wait until the RPI's reset to figure out what happens with Wake Forest/Rolesville. So, Hillside moves from the bottom of the bracket to the top and will have to go through Cardinal Gibbons and New Hanover.

Reactions: NewBernBears
See ya'll in the second round.
I had a feeling we would be on NB side of the bracket. I just don’t know if we can score enough to get out of the first round. Our defense is legit but they have been on the field way to much the last 4 weeks since we lost our QB. They held NH to 116 yards of total offense and NH was on the field twice as much. Def has lost 2 starters for the year and had another sick Friday and not sure when he will return. Feels like things are falling apart instead of coming together. Would have loved this matchup if we were full strength, still would have been underdogs but we would have had a fighting chance.

I had a feeling we would be on NB side of the bracket. I just don’t know if we can score enough to get out of the first round. Our defense is legit but they have been on the field way to much the last 4 weeks since we lost our QB. They held NH to 116 yards of total offense and NH was on the field twice as much. Def has lost 2 starters for the year and had another sick Friday and not sure when he will return. Feels like things are falling apart instead of coming together. Would have loved this matchup if we were full strength, still would have been underdogs but we would have had a fighting chance.
Think ya'll will get past Heritage as they're not as explosive without their starting QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT