ADVERTISEMENT

1A Early 1A Girls and Guys teams to watch

East Surry plays WS Prep and Bishop next week, that should give some insight on how the top part of the conference will play out. Bishop boys are very good, they could sneak up and dethrone WS Prep. I still think the MA boys can be dangerous if they can get one more player to step up & help Greene out.

Big win by the East Surry girls, knocking off 4A powerhouse West Forsyth.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Bishop has taken the approach of several new players entering the school if I am not mistaken. Also not sure that scheduling Oak Level, Triad Baptist, and Woodland Baptist was wise for strength of schedule...maybe for instant wins though.

Look out for Andrews
Without a really favorable matchup I don't see any SMC boys team getting out of the 2nd round this year. Andrews has a couple really good young talents but they also have a serious lack of size. The Cats are a post player away from making any kind of serious playoff noise imo.

Andrews really needs B Holloway to play again next year to give them some real size in the post, they're going to need him regardless with Mathis graduating.

Last edited:
I think he means the one in the mountains. They have a young team sitting at 9-1 with good shot at winning the SMC, but the SMC is down. I think they could be a regional type team next year and the year after depending on how people develop, who comes out for the team, etc., but probably still a year away.

If they can get a little size in the lineup, they will be a front runner in the SMC for the next 2-3 years. Point guard is as good as anyone I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
If they can get a little size in the lineup, they will be a front runner in the SMC for the next 2-3 years. Point guard is as good as anyone I’ve ever seen.

I agree that Ellis is special, especially when you consider that he is averaging 20+ at like 5-6 and 140 lbs. and still seems to have a lot of physical maturing left. And two of their best supporting cast members are also sophomores, the rest of the sophomores are undefeated in JV, and their middle school team is good. So I think if things go right, Andrews, along with Hayesville, could be two of the best teams the SMC has had in recent memory, probably starting next year and continuing for a few years. But kids get hurt, transfer, lose intetest, etc, so you never know. Andrews already had some of that with their really good sophomore group this year, hope there isn't more of it.

Last edited:
Andrews has some really good talent coming up from JV team which has only lost one game this season. Granted they have no size or any shooters but will be great role players and will bring speed and plenty of hustle which will add to their defense and press capabilities.

So again not sure what point your post was aiming for.

From somebody who probably never has seen Albemarle play more than maybe once I don’t think you really know what you are talking about. Of course preseason etc doesn’t equate to the playoffs that’s just an asinine comment. As someone with an apparent list of rings from coaching from the couch your inability to talk basketball and understanding of the game is laughable. Speak on topic without trashing programs or don’t speak.

Well, I guess that debate is settled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT