ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley schedule

No idea. They are a great team, but their schedule is garbage. Most of the teams they play have losing records. That can't be fun for players or fans.
I can understand them playing Page as that is an in town rivalry. Page is 4A and should be better than they are so the fact Page football has been for a while is not Dudley's fault. They also play Hillside every season and that is a rivalry that goes back a lot of years. But there is no excuse for them to be playing teams like Atkins and HP Central. Both of them are awful and have been for years. They have no choice with their conference games. But Atkins and HP Central should be removed from the schedule and replaced with schools like East Forsyth, Grimsley, Tabor or a good Raleigh area school. Even a game against 2A power Reidsville would be a big improvement over the likes of Atkins and HP Central. Dudley just stomped on HP Central last week 62-0. Who wants to go to a snooze fest like that?

I can understand them playing Page as that is an in town rivalry. Page is 4A and should be better than they are so the fact Page football has been for a while is not Dudley's fault. They also play Hillside every season and that is a rivalry that goes back a lot of years. But there is no excuse for them to be playing teams like Atkins and HP Central. Both of them are awful and have been for years. They have no choice with their conference games. But Atkins and HP Central should be removed from the schedule and replaced with schools like East Forsyth, Grimsley, Tabor or a good Raleigh area school. Even a game against 2A power Reidsville would be a big improvement over the likes of Atkins and HP Central. Dudley just stomped on HP Central last week 62-0. Who wants to go to a snooze fest like that?
Probably the reason Winston Salem Atkins and High Point Central aren't " removed " from Dudley's schedule is because they're in the same conference.

They play their conference, and I’m sure other teams avoid them. Easy schedule or not they are an awesome team with a lot of talent. I’d put them as the favorite in 3a.
Well I know there conference is set I’m talking about non conference….but yeah they are a talented team no question

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Dudley is an amazing program and deserves a better schedule. Some people duck them and some make excuses but everyone is clamoring for Dudley vs Grimsley, as they very well should. Still hopeful that gets arranged asap.

Dudley vs Hillside goes back to the NCHSAC and is a long-term rivalry dating 50 years and more... Atkins is the same but also not as this Atkins is not the same school from the 60s (WS Prep owns that old building actually but you can still read Atkins engraved in the stone lmao)

Dudley should imo be playing Grimsley Page Smith Hillside and maybe East or West Forsyth annually. Parkland is also an old rival...

Dudley doesn't let their schedule get in the way, period. Coach Davis has them ready for playoffs schedule or no schedule, 3A or 4A. There's a reason they're penciled in deep annually for the playoffs or state title game on most people's brackets every year...

Last edited:
Yea, unfortunately Dudley is in a terrible conference with the only two good teams being them and Eastern Guilford (bad this year, but usually decent). It also doesn't help that they play generally one extra conference game because of how large their conference is. Maybe realignment next year will put them in a better conference.

Regarding the three non-conference games they do play each year, if Page and Hillside aren't going to ever get it together, then they need to be replaced. Rivalries are great and all, but people need to be challenged and Page and Hillside just aren't providing that anymore.

They should look at

• Mt. Tabor (a former conference foe who has their number)
  • East Forsyth
  • Grimsley
  • A charlotte or Raleigh team.
Something has to give though. I know the players and fans aren't satisfied with who they have to play and I'm sure it's hurting ticket sales as well.

Dudley is an amazing program and deserves a better schedule. Some people duck them and some make excuses but everyone is clamoring for Dudley vs Grimsley, as they very well should. Still hopeful that gets arranged asap.

Dudley vs Hillside goes back to the NCHSAC and is a long-term rivalry dating 50 years and more... Atkins is the same but also not as this Atkins is not the same school from the 60s (WS Prep owns that old building actually but you can still read Atkins engraved in the stone lmao)

Dudley should imo be playing Grimsley Page Smith Hillside and maybe East or West Forsyth annually. Parkland is also an old rival...

Dudley doesn't let their schedule get in the way, period. Coach Davis has them ready for playoffs schedule or no schedule, 3A or 4A. There's a reason they're penciled in deep annually for the playoffs or state title game on most people's brackets every year...
And Hillside does have good teams some years. They are down this season. And that is a really good point about Atkins. The current Atkins is nothing like the Atkins from way back in the day that was strong in athletics. I think they are a school that now concentrates on STEM subjects. I think they opened 15 maybe 20 years or so ago? I don't remember the current version of Atkins ever being good in football. I am not sure what has happened at HP Central. Yes, it was some time ago, but they won a state title and had some really talented teams. I think Gary Whitman was the coach in those days. They are nothing like they used to be. I would love to see a Dudley and Grimsley match up or them playing against East Forsyth.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Yea, unfortunately Dudley is in a terrible conference with the only two good teams being them and Eastern Guilford (bad this year, but usually decent). It also doesn't help that they play generally one extra conference game because of how large their conference is. Maybe realignment next year will put them in a better conference.

Regarding the three non-conference games they do play each year, if Page and Hillside aren't going to ever get it together, then they need to be replaced. Rivalries are great and all, but people need to be challenged and Page and Hillside just aren't providing that anymore.

They should look at

• Mt. Tabor (a former conference foe who has their number)
  • East Forsyth
  • Grimsley
  • A charlotte or Raleigh team.
Something has to give though. I know the players and fans aren't satisfied with who they have to play and I'm sure it's hurting ticket sales as well.
I was unaware there conference is so big

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT