ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley at Crest Round 4

Congrats to Dudley and Crest. I couldn't make the game but had friends who went. I felt like Dudley would win based on seeing Crest and something a West Iredell assistant coach told me about Dudley after losing to them in the first round. Both teams will be loaded again next year. However what a great effort by those kids from Crest and their coaching staff!!

Crest(and most teams down in this area) play SC teams alot. Im curious how a Dudley, Grimsley, or Eats Forsyth would do.
Weddington and Hough played and beat Dutch Fork (SC) earlier this year and DF just won their way into the SC 5A title game tonight. They play White Knoll on 12/1/23 for the 5A crown in a rematch of an earlier White Knoll win (17-14), so NC has teams that can match up pretty well.

I really can’t say anything negative about Dudley. Well coached and very disciplined. They came to play. Crest had a great season! We’re graduating some outstanding young men. Just not in our destiny this year. A lot has to go right to win championships. And it’s so hard to do. I hope our guys hold their heads up high. As for Dudley, good luck the rest of the way! On to 2024!

Update for Hickory 4th Hickory up 28-3. Probably should been 42-3. with 11:36 to go
Not sure which game you were watching but it most definitely should not have been 42-3. Hickory did little to nothing with any resemblance of a long field and had it not been for an opening kickoff returned to inside the 30 and a fumble at the West 5, Hickory did not play well offensively. Heck, they were probably lucky to get both calls to swing their way on the 2 fumbles into the end zone.

Hickory won that game on defense and that’s probably a first for them all year. Hats off to them for stepping up! Hickory was definitely the better team tonight.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Congratulations Dudley from what I could see it was a well played game. This was my first time watching a game from behind the endzone. You could see things you can’t see from the bleachers but I never saw a line on the field. Not even the goal line. So depth perception was nearly zero.
I had a phone call late and had to leave. EMT’s had to take my 88 year old Mom to CaroMont. She fell and has a goose egg on the back of her head. I’ll probably still be here this time Sunday morning..
Great season Crest, absolutely nothing to hang your head about.
Dang loosing sucks. Especially this time of year.

Reactions: Mopar forever
Not sure which game you were watching but it most definitely should not have been 42-3. Hickory did little to nothing with any resemblance of a long field and had it not been for an opening kickoff returned to inside the 30 and a fumble at the West 5, Hickory did not play well offensively. Heck, they were probably lucky to get both calls to swing their way on the 2 fumbles into the end zone.

Hickory won that game on defense and that’s probably a first for them all year. Hats off to them for stepping up! Hickory was definitely the better team tonight.
I agree Hickory didn’t play offensively well at all. But hats off to West Henderson. They didn’t give up and made a good second half game. 3 interception on Hickory in the endzone didnt help them. But that came against good defensive backs of WH.

You guys got to understand, those Crest folks have a real short attention span. They also have short memories following a loss. Of course that second part hasn’t been a problem for them this year.
If they will allow I’m gonna sit on the home side. I’ll be the old man in overalls and a SP hat. I’m looking forward to a good close game. Good luck all the way around. Don’t forget, it’s just kids playing a game.
Were u under the scoreboard

Rulz I’ll try to catch up with you and your gang at halftime. My buddy is a Baptist minister and had to meet with a family about a funeral he’s conducting next week. We just got in the stadium. I’m sitting directly under the scoreboard. About the best I could do.
I was the big dude from Dudley in the Grey hoodie you were talking too I enjoyed you guys

Tough way to end a great season
Thank You to this group of seniors , heck of a ride this season.
The future is bright at Crest but this hurts , QB1 what else is there to say , one of the best to ever come thru Crest.

#SADDLEUP

Last edited:
Wow. What an amazing season. This was one of the most exciting seasons i've watched. Not the ending i was hoping for. This team had heart. The goliaths that were lined up one after the other. We all knew when the bracket came out. It would be a monumental feat. To run the gauntlet. Couldn't be more proud of this team.

Wow. What an amazing season. This was one of the most exciting seasons i've watched. Not the ending i was hoping for. This team had heart. The goliaths that were lined up one after the other. We all knew when the bracket came out. It would be a monumental feat. To run the gauntlet. Couldn't be more proud of this team.
The six round playoff system is brutal with only four titles left at the end. Physical demands mount week after week and injuries multiply, so depth becomes important. NCHSAA should go back to 11 regular season and 5 playoff games with 6 state classifications, imo.

Why don't Dudley and Grimsley play? Seems that would be an every year huge money making game.
The city matchup is usually Dudley and Page as historically those are the two Greensboro powerhouses. But Page has fallen off in the past four years whereas Grimsley has become dominate. I would imagine they may get a series going again if Page doesn't pick it up soon. Dudley does like to preserve it's rivalries as long as they're viable. They used to play Carver every year until the city of Winston-Salem's plan to destroy the school was complete (yes, I have an agenda). Hopefully the same doesn't happen to Page.

The city matchup is usually Dudley and Page as historically those are the two Greensboro powerhouses. But Page has fallen off in the past four years whereas Grimsley has become dominate. I would imagine they may get a series going again if Page doesn't pick it up soon. Dudley does like to preserve it's rivalries as long as they're viable. They used to play Carver every year until the city of Winston-Salem's plan to destroy the school was complete (yes, I have an agenda). Hopefully the same doesn't happen to Page.
Yes Carver use to be the best team in Forsyth County during most of the 90's and early 2000's. I remember them having huge offensive linemen and a short qb, lol!!! But they would pound you down during those games. I remember how they would play West Charlotte down at Memorial and back in Winston with huge crowds over 8,000-10,000. Then I remember the Conference was Dudley, Carver, Parkland, Glenn, Southwest Guilford, Smith, Rockingham and Morehead. Carver Girls Basketball was one of the top in 3A as well. Then all of a sudden they drop from 2A to 1A and just fell off all around. I missed those Dudley-Carver Football games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT