ADVERTISEMENT

Dirty Dozen East & West

FHJackets90

Feb 27, 2018
Monroe, North Carolina
I'm bored sitting here listening to this wind and rain so I came up with my Dirty Dozen for the East & West. I know way less about the East so it was more difficult to rank so feel free to make your corrections or tell me I'm right or wrong or I missed something. I assumed win or loss for any games scheduled for Monday. Same for the West tell me who you think is where currently. Just for fun.

East 2A
1. Wallace Rose Hill 6-1
2. Princeton 5-1
3. Greene Central 7-0
4. East Duplin 5-1
5. Clinton 6-1
6. Northeastern 4-2
7. James Kenan 5-1
8. Hertford County 5-1
9. Whiteville 5-1
10. St. Paul's 4-1
11. Holmes 4-2
12. Bunn 4-2

West 2A
1. Burns 5-1
2. Reidsville 6-1
3. East Surry 7-0
4. Shelby 4-3
5. Monroe 6-1
6. Chase 6-0
7. Forest Hills 6-0
8. Maiden 5-1
9. Robinson 5-1
10. Salisbury 6-1
11. Bunker Hill 6-0
12. Providence Grove 5-1

Last edited:
Shelby is climbing steadily on my list. Chase just had a signature win so they're not bad.
My question on Chase/Hendo...

Common knowledge/NCPreps consensus that Hendo is not as good as last year...and that Chase is better than last year...does that make Chase's win really a signature win? Or one that was expected?

My thought was that IF Chase is better than last year...then they win by 10 or 15. Obviously teams play up and down week to week...but I expected a two score win.

They were 9-1 last year and lost RD2 by 32 points.

I like Chase and am pulling for them...they are better than last year...are they good enough to be RD3 Elite 8? Maybe No. 8.

My question on Chase/Hendo...

Common knowledge/NCPreps consensus that Hendo is not as good as last year...and that Chase is better than last year...does that make Chase's win really a signature win? Or one that was expected?

My thought was that IF Chase is better than last year...then they win by 10 or 15. Obviously teams play up and down week to week...but I expected a two score win.

They were 9-1 last year and lost RD2 by 32 points.

I like Chase and am pulling for them...they are better than last year...are they good enough to be RD3 Elite 8? Maybe No. 8.
Maybe not but I'm giving them credit for a decent win for now. I could see switching them with Maiden.

I'm bored sitting here listening to this wind and rain so I came up with my Dirty Dozen for the East & West. I know way less about the East so it was more difficult to rank so feel free to make your corrections or tell me I'm right or wrong or I missed something. I assumed win or loss for any games scheduled for Monday. Same for the West tell me who you think is where currently. Just for fun.

East 2A
1. Wallace Rose Hill 6-1
2. Princeton 5-1
3. Greene Central 7-0
4. East Duplin 5-1
5. Clinton 6-1
6. Northeastern 4-2
7. James Kenan 5-1
8. Hertford County 5-1
9. Camden County 5-1
10. St. Paul's 4-1
11. Holmes 4-2
12. Bunn 4-2

West 2A
1. Burns 5-1
2. Reidsville 6-1
3. East Surry 7-0
4. Shelby 4-3
5. Monroe 6-1
6. Chase 6-0
7. Forest Hills 6-0
8. Maiden 5-1
9. Robinson 5-1
10. Salisbury 6-1
11. Bunker Hill 6-0
12. Providence Grove 5-1
I know it's our conference but take Camden county out and put East duplin in because Camden is about to lose the next 3 games in a row they got northeastern Hertford county and edenton the next 3 games so take them out

I know it's our conference but take Camden county out and put East duplin in because Camden is about to lose the next 3 games in a row they got northeastern Hertford county and edenton the next 3 games so take them out
East Duplin is in…James.

Who else?

Reactions: Lincolnton
I'm loving the love from everyone around my Burns team. But I just don't think we're there. Top 5 for sure. We have struggled on the O-Line some this year and run defense need to improve. Careless penalties will kill us in the playoffs if we don't button that up too.

I'm on the fence about Chase too. Huge win Friday. I think they will be able to run the ball against anyone. But can they throw it consistently if they need to. Also I don't think they've played a team with a stout offense yet either. That will be interesting to see. Especially teams that can air it out.

I'm loving the love from everyone around my Burns team. But I just don't think we're there. Top 5 for sure. We have struggled on the O-Line some this year and run defense need to improve. Careless penalties will kill us in the playoffs if we don't button that up too.

I'm on the fence about Chase too. Huge win Friday. I think they will be able to run the ball against anyone. But can they throw it consistently if they need to. Also I don't think they've played a team with a stout offense yet either. That will be interesting to see. Especially teams that can air it out.
I remember coming to Burns and watching them play Salisbury...2020 I believe...one heck of a game. I believe your star QB was out and Mauney started. I thought..he's scrawny and looks fragile...then he started airing it out. I knew between him and that quick, Sproles like, RB yall had that the future was bright for Burns. Ya'll got a squad and are ready for a deep run.

Clean up the penalties and the rest will work out.

Another team I didn't put in the west is Pine Lake Prep who are 6-0. Their schedule looks weak. They did just beat 5-0 Christ the King but I just don't know anything about them. They didn't really blow out teams they probably should if they are a really good 6-0 team. Anyone know much about them?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Another team I didn't put in the west is Pine Lake Prep who are 6-0. Their schedule looks weak. They did just beat 5-0 Christ the King but I just don't know anything about them. They didn't really blow out teams they probably should if they are a really good 6-0 team. Anyone know much about them?
They ain't ready for real games...chase killed them last year 1st rd. They'll be blessed with a high seed and IF...IF they make it to the 2nd rd it'll be their funeral.

They'll get Lincolnton or West Lincoln 1st round and be embarrassed.

I remember coming to Burns and watching them play Salisbury...2020 I believe...one heck of a game. I believe your star QB was out and Mauney started. I thought..he's scrawny and looks fragile...then he started airing it out. I knew between him and that quick, Sproles like, RB yall had that the future was bright for Burns. Ya'll got a squad and are ready for a deep run.

Clean up the penalties and the rest will work out.
Yea that was very unfortunate for us. If our senior QB wasn't hurt, we win that game and possibly the state. Salisbury had no issues the rest of the playoffs and won it all. I think we lost that game 10-7. Another tough break for us in the playoffs.

PLP’s conference is cake and their non-conference slate is weak. Several of the 1A schools on their schedule that have been good in past years, are not this year. They do not belong in the 2A top 10…or near it. Maybe they could have done some damage if they were still 1A…until they met a SMC team.

Looking at CTK’s schedule, it’s not much better. Same cast of characters as PLP’s. They all play each other, so somebody’s got to win and get that inflated record.

I might drop East Surry a little.
They're still 7-0 and
PLP’s conference is cake and their non-conference slate is weak. Several of the 1A schools on their schedule that have been good in past years, are not this year. They do not belong in the 2A top 10…or near it. Maybe they could have done some damage if they were still 1A…until they met a SMC team.

Looking at CTK’s schedule, it’s not much better. Same cast of characters as PLP’s. They all play each other, so somebody’s got to win and get that inflated record.
Probably knocked out in the first round with a possible 10-0 record. 🤣

I would put South Granville before Bunn. SG just beat pretty good 3a Southern Durham team. And I think SG has one of the toughest SOS.
You’re right!…I agree.

Southern Durham beat Havelock last week….that’s a great win for South Granville.

South Granville won’t play a 2a school until their last 2 games.

They’ve played 3a and 4a teams….don’t let that 2-4 record fool ya!…Max Preps has them 11th in 2a East as well.

is anyone out? I don’t think lee will play. Not sure on flippen and Johnson. The rams do have some sneaky good depth though. Need to have flippen 100% though
I went ahead and put Reidsville with the win on my Dirty Dozen list. Didn't know about the injuries but I still think they'll win. Reidsville is usually loaded from top to bottom. Not many weaknesses. Hope it's a good game. I am proud of the Walkertown coach though. He's a Forest Hills grad and is doing a great job there. Wouldn't be surprised if we have a home and home with them in the future because of the FH connection. Not fun playing an in County school and just blowing them out. We also play home and home games with two teams in the Fayetteville area.

I went ahead and put Reidsville with the win on my Dirty Dozen list. Didn't know about the injuries but I still think they'll win. Reidsville is usually loaded from top to bottom. Not many weaknesses. Hope it's a good game. I am proud of the Walkertown coach though. He's a Forest Hills grad and is doing a great job there. Wouldn't be surprised if we have a home and home with them in the future because of the FH connection. Not fun playing an in County school and just blowing them out. We also play home and home games with two teams in the Fayetteville area.

It will be a tough game. Rams should still win by at least 2 tds

You're probably right I missed them. Overlooked them somehow my bad. 5-1 record. No wonder I had a hard time with the last few. I put Whiteville in their slot. Looks better to me.
Yep…I’m comparing again….Whiteville and Princeton have a common opponent in Rosewood.

Princeton 45 Rosewood 32
Whiteville 41 Rosewood 7

Those games were back to back for Rosewood….just saying…Whiteville looks pretty good from where I’m sitting.

Yep…I’m comparing again….Whiteville and Princeton have a common opponent in Rosewood.

Princeton 45 Rosewood 32
Whiteville 41 Rosewood 7

Those games were back to back for Rosewood….just saying…Whiteville looks pretty good from where I’m sitting.

Whiteville either comes really really good in November, or the have the ability to choke hard.

Them and Northeastern might hurt some feelings in November, I would not be surprised, almost suspect it.

Blown away!…it’s the toughest in 2a.

Wow!
Yes, I've been the stat guy for South Granville for 18 years and I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard a parent/fan/whoever complain the last two years about our schedule/strength of schedule, etc. in non-conference games (Orange, Heritage (only loss with QB injured against Millbrook), Lee Co., Southern Nash (only loss to Nash Central), and Hillside)....these teams are a combined 23-7, (with 5 of the 7 losses belonging to Orange)...the HUGE 7-6 win for SG over Southern Durham last week might not look so good with their 2-4 record, but SD might have played the toughest non-conference schedule in the state in 3A, with wins over Havelock and Northern Durham, and their losses coming to Hillside, Leesville Road, and Wake Forest...the Vikings have a huge game tonight against the Vance Co. Vipers for control of the conference....both SG & SD played a murderer's row non-conference schedule the last two years, presumably to make sure the guys will be ready for the playoffs...at this point last year SG was 1-5, having beaten Orange to open, then losing 6 straight (the other 4 non-conf. games plus tough losses to Southern Durham & Vance Co.) before dominating the last three conference games to win the 2A division of the split conference....this year's SG Vikings played much more competitive against Heritage & Lee Co. (last year lost 34-0 and 38-0, this year lost 30-18 and 34-28), and were able to finish the job against Southern Durham 7-6, while last year leading 12-0 at half, trailing 13-12 going to 4th Qtr before the wheels came off late to lose by final of 36-12...last year's SG team lost at Vance Co. 18-12, with one of the SG TDs coming on a blocked punt and the SG offense never really finding a way to get going, while the defense had a tough time getting off the field all night and only allowed three scoring drives, but allowed the Vipers to pick up so many 3rd or 4th downs....for the game Vance Co. probably had more than double the time of possession than SG

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT