ADVERTISEMENT

Decision About playoffs will be made Wed

Man your a piece of work! I sure can’t seem to find anything positive you’ve ever brought to this message board! Always stirring the pot and pitching a hissy fit if others don’t fit your narrow brained narrative!
I could care less of your opinion! And I have posted a many positive things on this football message board!

The far west can play. Murphy Robbinsville etc were less affected by the storm. They played in the SMC last Friday. The schools affected most are from Waynesville to Marion and north of there. Getting back Buncombe County, Mtn Heritage, Mitchell, Avery etc may be problematic.

Exactly. And the juniors and seniors on these teams already missed their 7th and 8th grade seasons from COVID. I would hate for them to have another season cut short. My heart really does hurt for the players that may not get to play again.
To take it a step further, some of these kids are no doubt looking at playing at the next level somewhere. Kinda hard to put stuff on film if there are no more games.

Haywood County schools are out this week, so both Pisgah and Tuscola. There are rumors floating around but I’ll leave that for another day. The town of Canton is still closed to through traffic for cleanup and Clyde is still in rough shape. Many in our county still do not have internet connectivity and the main server for Haywood County Schools was in one of the buildings that flooded so that is preventing the option to go to remote learning.

Pisgah’s field was destroyed so we would either be road warriors the rest of the year, playing at Bethel Middle, or for playoffs use Tuscola’s field since they don’t use it much for playoffs. 😂. ***Just aggravating the Tuscola folks***.
It’s not that far to WCU for Pisgah. Maybe y’all could play there for home playoff games?

Dont cancel playoffs that's lame
I agree they shouldn’t cancel. What they should do is take all of the gate money made in the playoffs, minus travel, gas, and food expenses for the teams, and use it for relief supplies for the victims. Win win.

I still think a big thing people are missing here is the ability to get kids safely somewhere to practice and play. There are probably kids that haven't been contacted or heard from yet.

As for WCU, they didn't even have spectators for their home game last week I'm pretty sure.

We all love this game and want the kids to have a chance but in many of these communities football is an after thought right now and will be for some time.

I still think a big thing people are missing here is the ability to get kids safely somewhere to practice and play. There are probably kids that haven't been contacted or heard from yet.

As for WCU, they didn't even have spectators for their home game last week I'm pretty sure.

We all love this game and want the kids to have a chance but in many of these communities football is an after thought right now and will be for some time.
Completely understand and agree with that. For the most affected communities, I mean there is probably little that can be done regarding football in those places, and like you said, it’s an afterthought there anyway. I don’t mean for this to sound insensitive at all because I truly hate it and feel terrible for the people in the affected areas, but I just don’t think the rest of the football playing schools who are able to travel and practice safely (and there are A LOT of them) should have the playoffs taken away. I mean I just don’t see the purpose that would serve if the playoffs can be done safely?

Reactions: footballstar_17
Here is my solution. Push all playoffs back one week, take 64 teams as usual. If there are not enough teams to fill the brackets then give byes to the higher speeds. If it is not possible to move the playoffs back due to logistics, such as availably of championship venues. Then reduce the number of teams to 32. For teams that cannot resume the season, then all their seniors would be granted an extra year of eligibility (but they must stay at that school). Finally, if any seniors want to transfer to another school, then they be granted immediate eligibility.

Reactions: NC nole fan
Completely understand and agree with that. For the most affected communities, I mean there is probably little that can be done regarding football in those places, and like you said, it’s an afterthought there anyway. I don’t mean for this to sound insensitive at all because I truly hate it and feel terrible for the people in the affected areas, but I just don’t think the rest of the football playing schools who are able to travel and practice safely (and there are A LOT of them) should have the playoffs taken away. I mean I just don’t see the purpose that would serve if the playoffs can be done safely?

I agree that the playoffs shouldn't be canceled and it should be modified.

Reactions: NC nole fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT