ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - State Playoffs Round 4 MHS at Reidsville

Long range forecast doesn't look promising for this game. 58% chance of rain for both Friday and Saturday. Monday looks fine but I would assume that's out because the winning team would have to turn around and play on that Friday. I would hate to see the weather become a factor in this game.
Not a factor. Both teams are passing teams so if it rains it would be whoever handles it better. Only may make the crowd smaller which would stink but oh well. It’s football. Play ball

Not a factor. Both teams are passing teams so if it rains it would be whoever handles it better. Only may make the crowd smaller which would stink but oh well. It’s football. Play ball
So agree it seems like we always play in the weather. But honestly seems like teams towards y'all's way and more East like to move games if chance of rain

Reactions: Maiden Creek
So agree it seems like we always play in the weather. But honestly seems like teams towards y'all's way and more East like to move games if chance of rain
This is a recent trend last couple years. But both teams have to agree and I think it’s usually more about money than giving a team an advantage. I just don’t think this week will really hurt the gate. It’s the 4th round . True fans will be there. Regardless of what team they pulling for

I
This is a recent trend last couple years. But both teams have to agree and I think it’s usually more about money than giving a team an advantage. I just don’t think this week will really hurt the gate. It’s the 4th round . True fans will be there. Regardless of what team they pulling for
if it rains it will definitely hurt attendance badly. You got to factor in the cold weather also. Plus the fact that Now you can watch the game on that high school streaming channel if you don’t feel like going to a game

Last edited:
Maiden fans will be there….there is always sump’em special about road trips and 1st time meetings for the Maiden crowd.

Heck…,we’ve played about all of ‘em….how in the world?… Reidsville hasn’t been one of ‘em is beyond me.

This one will be special.. no matter who wins.

Stat Leaders and their rankings:

PositionNameSchoolPCTYDSTD/INTYDS/GYDS/COMPConf2AStateUSA
QBThompsonMaiden0.67359742/7276.720.312332
QBLeeReidsville0.64185626/6168.716.011167-

PositionNameSchoolAttYdsTDYDS/GYDS/AttConf2AStateUSA
RBGibbsMaiden253164723126.76.52623390
RBReddReidsville95644849.56.8678--
RBPoteatReidsville52549542.210.6798--

PositionNameSchoolRecYdsTDYDS/GYDS/RecConf2AStateUSA
WRCulliverMaiden78176425135.722.61112
WRSigmonMaiden47746357.415.921662-
WRFlippenReidsville447291060.816.612070-
WRNealReidsville43691953.216.122584-
WRMisherMaiden18582848.532.34---
WRJohnsonReidsville29393330.213.67---

Well boys….it’s game day….I had a little deja vue yesterday sitting outside frying that turkey. What a beautiful day it was!…just like last year. My old dog, Boog, right by my side the whole way. You know he is from Reidsville….he’s prolly picking the Rams too!😂 I’m giggling at him right now….cause he is standing in the rain wondering if I’m gonna let his Ram loving ass back in!

I’m taking the Boom Devils! Grizz

I BELIEVE!

The statement….”Do you really think a team called Maiden can beat Reidsville?”…..heck! I can’t blame them …pert near everybody in this state feels that way….but I don’t!

You know….I can eat crow liver with the best of ‘em!….I’ve got 43 years of experience since our last championship ….but those Maiden boys in the trenches are gonna get it done.

I watched Reidsville play Walkertown…..I never looked at the QB or the receivers…just watched that line of scrimmage…

Sooo….I’m sticking with our boys up front….that’s how Maiden can win tonight!…our skill players will get all the accolades…deservingly too…..but those boys up front can lead us to victory…..and I think they will.

Travel safe! Fellers

CVAC!!!!!

Boog waiting on you to get over that maiden L and let him back in.

dog smoking GIF

Watched the first half against Chase and here is what stood out:

--Chase isn't horrible but they stink
--Reidsville had 5 drives that started at the 50 or in their own territory: 2 punts, 1 int, 1 score...make the Rams drive a full field
--Reidsville #51 is my favorite player, hard nosed and plays both ways
--Lee is very good at shuffling around the pocket...it's not enough to pressure, gotta sack him
--The trenches will win the game
--Maiden and Reidsville are very similar in speed...Maiden vertically and Reidsville in screens and edge plays

Will be a heck of a ball game tonight. I will watch some more film...but I believe if we play our game offensively and get after it against the screen game then we'll win by a score at least. Good luck to both teams for a great injury free game.

Play violent through the whistle, keep your head on a swivel, and LET THE SMOKE ROOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!

The Rams will me anointed in the blood and prayed over before stepping on the field to dance with the devils of maiden. They will fear no evil. Their talents will comfort them. Good will prevail over evil. -amen-

Last edited:
The Rams will me anointed in the blood and prayed over before stepping on the field to dance with the devils of maiden. They will fear no evil. Their talents will comfort them. Good will prevail over evil. -amen-
Your souls may be saved...but we've come to reap your flesh. You're only promised victory over death, not promised anything tonight. Devil collects his due in 5 hours

Pick 6. Threw to a kid that we haven't thrown deep to all year.

Punt second possession...haven't gotten Culliver a look yet

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT