ADVERTISEMENT

CPC Week 2

I agree with all 3 of your picks. The RJR and PHS game should be close, I wouldn't favor either team by more than 5 points..... Bet both teams are stoked for that game.

The CPC is more balanced this year than in previous years, including last year when 3 of the teams were pretty weak. Better for everyone when the league is stronger top to bottom. It kind of feels like a 3 tier breakout this year, my only question is where does Regan fall (top group or middle group)? Same could be said of Tabor, their JV squad last year could have beat a lot of varsity teams. Best JV team I've seen in a very long time. The tier of standings could look like this (obviously subject to change with weather, injury, etc):
  1. ND, WF
  2. Reagan, MT, Davie
  3. RJR, PHS

Agreed. Tabor is always the wildcard for me, because they always have the athletes. Going from Sapp (Stack?) and Stewart to Marshall was a regression in coaching IMO however...

Parkland and Reynolds are gonna have their superbowl, because I just don't see anyone else losing to them. That won't happen until they erase the stigma by actually beating some good teams.

Davie needs to step it up. They have a very loyal community just like ND and I even though I don't like them I don't like to see their program suffer when I know they have the players to be good.

The conference is much better this year as a whole, that's for certain.

BlackKnightNut.......Do you feel good about Thursday night against Tabor? More rainy weather makes every play a potential problem..... For any who saw them, the JV and Varsity ND/Tabor games were almost polar opposites last year. One team was hot, jumped on it and ran away with the game. It will be interesting to see how we match up this time around, also if we can defend that monster WR they have. If we can bend, but not break (defense has done that a lot this year) and limit the big plays, I believe we win this one by at least 10-14. If that doesn't happen, it could be a nailbiter....Got to win the first won to have a chance to win the conference.

I just read that on the Dispatch website lol. Oh well, another week where I gotta work

Haven't been on as much as in previous years, been really busy with life up here in TENN.

I'll take...

ND
RR
RJR

I remember the days when we always feared Tabor coming to town.... these days though....

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT