ADVERTISEMENT

Cox Mill (4A) at Hickory

Hickory had some uncharacteristic penalties n had a turnovers

Cox mill kept it close in first half bc hickory struggled vs CM #4 and Gave up some big plays on Defense.

Cox Mill’s has some very very good athletes. #4 and #5 are uber talented athletes with speed and will be problems for everyone they face. Cox Mill also has a strong jv team that has a lot of kids that will help them in the future. Cox Mill non-conference schedule has been pretty ridiculous the past two years. There are not many teams that can play their non conference gauntlet and come out with their confidence intact or unscathed.

Reactions: beamer24
I see it differently than most. I thought Hickory looked very vulnerable on defense and on the offensive line. Cox Mill played like a team that isn’t quite sure of what they’re capable of and lacked discipline. I really think if Cox Mill cleans up the mental mistakes they could be a much better team.

Reactions: shutdownD24
I see it differently than most. I thought Hickory looked very vulnerable on defense and on the offensive line. Cox Mill played like a team that isn’t quite sure of what they’re capable of and lacked discipline. I really think if Cox Mill cleans up the mental mistakes they could be a much better team.
I agree. I thought Hickory was vulnerable on defense last year especially against the run. Against Cox Mill Hickory pass coverage was very suspect against a team who basically has no offensive identity. It’s definitely going to be interesting when the Tornadoes play some better offensive teams in the playoffs.

Reactions: New3ra
I agree. I thought Hickory was vulnerable on defense last year especially against the run. Against Cox Mill Hickory pass coverage was very suspect against a team who basically has no offensive identity. It’s definitely going to be interesting when the Tornadoes play some better offensive teams in the playoffs.
It’ll be interesting to see them play East Lincoln, North Lincoln and Statesville before the playoffs. One thing that stood out to me that could be concerning later down the road. Brady Stober was practically running for his life in the first half to get away from pressure. That will be a problem against a West Charlotte, KM and a number of teams with better defenses.

Reactions: beamer24
Cox Mill is hurting a bit right now because they've played one of the toughest schedules in the state. Multiple players playing in new positions due to injuries. That being said, they are talented in places and I think once they get into their conference, their confidence and getting some guys back will make them a tough out.

Playing Charlotte Christian, Kings Mountain, West Charlotte, & Hickory is a tough road. They have Mooresville next week, and then things get a bit easier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT