ADVERTISEMENT

County Clash 2015 t vs P

bigbear'10

Jul 12, 2010
Well since it's Friday and this week's game is here. I figured we'd talk about the elephant in the room now. You tuscola posters have been quite on here all season so far. So let's hear it... Go Bears!!

That and fact that tuscola can't cover the pass. Going to be a typical " who the hell knows" game. Either way next Thurs and Fri will be the fans treat. I will say I bet tuscola's qb throws his first INT. That is if he don't tonight.

I don't think Either team will be able to stop each others offense. Tuscola will take most of the time to drive down and score and I believe Pisgah will be able to score quickly. I think it will come down to which offense has the ball last and how much time is left on the clock. I'm not that concerned about Tuscola throwing a interception because they don't throw the ball that much in games. If anything I expect Pisgah to try and stop the run and at some point Tuscola will get a big gain on a long pass.

As for a guess, I hope Tuscola but this will be a toss up.

no doubt .don't look past west as we don't need to look past north...one game at a time fellas.lol good to see you on here again bigbear. I will reserve my smack talk for next week! lmao

I think both team were caught looking ahead, lot of youth on both teams, and both North and West are good teams that came to play.

One thing for sure they are still two undefeated high school team in Haywood county and they will play Thursday in Canton.Should be a really good game.As for Friday my Bears need to figure out how to play four quarters instead of two.

With both teams coming off a loss, I see this as being a spirited game, both teams are gonna be angry and this is a must win for Tuscola if they want any chance at Dethroning Franklin.

Couldn't get the A backs off the edge against North. They were very physical, more than was expected. Their QB was a one man show almost, he scored or had a hand in scoring all of their points. Webster was intercepted on an ill-advised pass down the sideline on the first play after he had just intercepted theirs. It was a panicky play call, no need to heave it that soon. Fb started slow but was getting his runs as the game wore on but they were starting to key on him.

Perplexed on why we kicked over the fence to start the 2nd half when we had the carry over personal foul penalty that had us kicking from their 45 yard line and then they encroach so we kick from their 40. We could have gotten a cheerleader to kick it into the end zone at that point. It was a low risk-potential high reward situation: onside and recover, pooch and pin deep, several options, Either way, they weren't going to get the ball much better than if we had a regular kickoff from our 40.

Had some clock management issues, penalties, and bad decisions in the series right before halftime. Had we been able to have gotten back down to about the 30-25 yl, King probably makes the FG to put us up by 7. Instead we go from 1-10 near the 20 to about 4th and 38. That series was a debacle.

I have NO idea how this Friday will go. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Bears against Franklin and I was puzzled that they showed no sense of urgency in the 4th quarter when they were down by two scores. It was almost like they decided "Welp, we just won't get beat any worse" instead of trying to score. Brett even admitted on the radio that they came out flat two weeks in a row. I don't think your QB can make throws nor avoid the rush. I'm willing to bet they feed Parrott like a hungry dog Friday night. You have two losses in the conference and you can ill afford another + its Tuscola so I imagine we'll get the kitchen sink thrown at us.

We are 4-0 on the road and 1-2 at home?? Trouble playing in front of the home folks. Don't like the home day schedule? Who knows?
Our pass defense is atrocious. The only thing different between North and McDowell was Casey Ray was on target. Craft was a little high, a little short, or a little wide but the receivers were open.

I did see Tuscola adjust defensively finally. They went 3 man front and added another DB/LB. When North adjusted with the run, they would go back to a 4 man line. We just don't cover well for whatever reason.

It may be a low scoring defensive struggle or a wide open Arena Ball type game. Hard to say.

Couldn't get the A backs off the edge against North. They were very physical, more than was expected. Their QB was a one man show almost, he scored or had a hand in scoring all of their points. Webster was intercepted on an ill-advised pass down the sideline on the first play after he had just intercepted theirs. It was a panicky play call, no need to heave it that soon. Fb started slow but was getting his runs as the game wore on but they were starting to key on him.

Perplexed on why we kicked over the fence to start the 2nd half when we had the carry over personal foul penalty that had us kicking from their 45 yard line and then they encroach so we kick from their 40. We could have gotten a cheerleader to kick it into the end zone at that point. It was a low risk-potential high reward situation: onside and recover, pooch and pin deep, several options, Either way, they weren't going to get the ball much better than if we had a regular kickoff from our 40.

Had some clock management issues, penalties, and bad decisions in the series right before halftime. Had we been able to have gotten back down to about the 30-25 yl, King probably makes the FG to put us up by 7. Instead we go from 1-10 near the 20 to about 4th and 38. That series was a debacle.

I have NO idea how this Friday will go. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Bears against Franklin and I was puzzled that they showed no sense of urgency in the 4th quarter when they were down by two scores. It was almost like they decided "Welp, we just won't get beat any worse" instead of trying to score. Brett even admitted on the radio that they came out flat two weeks in a row. I don't think your QB can make throws nor avoid the rush. I'm willing to bet they feed Parrott like a hungry dog Friday night. You have two losses in the conference and you can ill afford another + its Tuscola so I imagine we'll get the kitchen sink thrown at us.

We are 4-0 on the road and 1-2 at home?? Trouble playing in front of the home folks. Don't like the home day schedule? Who knows?
Our pass defense is atrocious. The only thing different between North and McDowell was Casey Ray was on target. Craft was a little high, a little short, or a little wide but the receivers were open.

I did see Tuscola adjust defensively finally. They went 3 man front and added another DB/LB. When North adjusted with the run, they would go back to a 4 man line. We just don't cover well for whatever reason.

It may be a low scoring defensive struggle or a wide open Arena Ball type game. Hard to say.

bluevols agree totally was very shocked that north was the more physical team by far and the middle was wide open on those last 2 drives(we had timeouts) as we continually ran the screen to both sides that hadnt worked all night. all we needed was a fg. you dont run out of bounds on 4th down at the end of the game you throw it up and hope for something good. this team is not built to come from behind.. as for friday night if the mounties dont raise their level of physicality and the receivers dont start blocking better the mounties will be in for a long night.NORTH whipped us no to ways about in every phase of the game.....how we respond friday night might just decide the outcome.

Neuman, just look at GT. This offense period isn't built to play from behind. We get down 10-0 this Friday and the home folks can hit the exits early.

Whose Parrott? Never heard of him.

Any option, run oriented offense tends to do much better even or ahead. With us, we are doing fine when we get 3+ yards per carry. We do not do well when we are 1st and 15 or 20 after a penalty. This offense struggles when you are behind the sticks or as we saw Friday when the defense takes the edge away. Our slashers just couldn't get going and when they tried to shift across, they just lost yardage. The FB carried the mail against North, both between the tackles and the screen. I give all the credit to North, they played us very well. I believe the penalty chart probably tilted in Tuscola's favor Friday night, which seems unusual.

Even the old wishbone teams or the old run heavy teams like Nebraska struggled when they got down and had to throw back in the day. The difference in GT or AFA or even Ga. Southern is/was they usually have the athletes to throw and catch and even break out of their sets to throw. Watch Navy or Army when they get behind though. Its usually a struggle.

Mulekicker, don't worry he'll hit your boy hard enough it'll jog your memory and give your wife snot bubbles.

if it holds true to form we want have to worry about maybe 3 or 4 carries and maybe 1 pass play. wasted that kids talent so far this year although hes been a heck of a lead blocker/ jmo

Internet boards are dying, people have moved on. Just as long as they show up Friday night.

I guess all this damn political correctness has people scared to death to eat a little crow.
I'll throw this out there...56-10.

I guess all this damn political correctness has people scared to death to eat a little crow.
I'll throw this out there...56-10.
56-10 who?
I certainly don't think it will be that bad whoever has the 56.I'll say 21-10 Bears.

Last edited:
If Tuscolas ground game gets going, i'll say 28-14, the teams that have given them fits are ones who have good passing games, and from what the stats say, Pisgah doesn't have the best of air attacks, but who knows, this is one game that never follows a blueprint, all i know is 50-50 time, at least we know for a fact that will be a nice chunk of change.

That's not a prediction fellas. Just trying to get a rise out of the tuscola posters. Been to quite on here.
Jv game I think will be close. I'm thinking 24-20. Bears. Can tuscolas jvs pass at all? Cause Bears D can shut down the running game.
Varsity game depends on the Bears LB's. Last couple games they've not played well. I believe offensively both teams are in the same boat. If 1st down don't work out to 5 yards or better their both in trouble. Passing game give Pisgah the edge. That is if the o-line can pick up the blitz. Lord knows they didn't against W.H. I'm thinking 24-21 Bears.

The J.V hasn't really needed to pass much, they are really, really good at running the ball and they have some good speed, they run the triple option to perfection, so to me it's a toss up, but imo it should shape up to be a good game, i see it as a close one either way. I haven't seen them play, this is what i have been told by a family member that has a son on the team, but looking at the amount of points they have been scoring there may be some truth to the story.

The crazy thing about T JVs is that most games the starters only play 1st and 3rd Q. Coach likes to play subs way before it gets outta hand. If offensive starters had played even three quarters in most games, the scores would have been really crazy. I've been to three jv games this year and I can't remember there ever being a freshmen class with that much talent on the Hill. No disrespect to P JVs or their undefeated record but if they try to get in a home run contest Thursday night they might not like the results. Friday..... Different story. I feel it's gonna be a war. A close, close ball game. Probably like the 2011 and 2012 games.

The crazy thing about T JVs is that most games the starters only play 1st and 3rd Q. Coach likes to play subs way before it gets outta hand. If offensive starters had played even three quarters in most games, the scores would have been really crazy. I've been to three jv games this year and I can't remember there ever being a freshmen class with that much talent on the Hill. No disrespect to P JVs or their undefeated record but if they try to get in a home run contest Thursday night they might not like the results. Friday..... Different story. I feel it's gonna be a war. A close, close ball game. Probably like the 2011 and 2012 games.

The Pisgah Jv have not gave up many points.With Franklin scoring 20 as the most in one game.They defeated Franklin and West both were undefeated .I have a feeling those Tuscola starters will play more than two quarters tonight and since you say they are not use to that maybe the advantage goes to the Bears.28-14.

Perhaps you are right PB, but I just don't see a team scoring 49 a game being held to 14. If you win I would says its a gonna take at least 30.

What is the name of tuscola JV starting qb? I know its Ewart but what's his first name?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT