ADVERTISEMENT

Concord vs Brown

K-Brown

Jul 18, 2002
A few weeks ago I thought this game might be competitive. Concord was playing decent in the middle of the season. The last 3 weeks they got shut out by South Rowan, lost to NW Cabarrus 28 to 7. Last night they got merked by a bad West Rowan team 42 to 0. Not sure if injuries happened to Concord? Regardless, it's two bad football teams playing but I feel Kannapolis should win this one going away to extend the streak to 10.

Do I think we will win yes, but that doesn’t mean we will. I know the Greater Metro conference is down this year, but from top to bottom it’s still better then the SPC.

Last edited:
Sadly the rival is not what it use to be. As for the game I have no doubt that AL Brown will win this one. I wonder also if there was injuries for Concord. They started out good but fell off. Getting shutout by South Rowan and then losing last couple games. Something must have happened.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Sadly the rival is not what it use to be. As for the game I have no doubt that AL Brown will win this one. I wonder also if there was injuries for Concord. They started out good but fell off. Getting shutout by South Rowan and then losing last couple games. Something must have happened.
Not taking anything away from Concord, but in the middle of the season they were playing East Rowan, Carson and Central Cab.. the last three games were against Northwest, Robinson and West Rowan. There is the difference.

Exactly what I was going to ask, is the rivalry still must see football. I guess not.

I’ll take Concord in this one. 21-17.

I wanted to believe in ALB, but every time I pick them I lose.

One thing about it. AL Brown JVs shouldn’t have no problem beating 2-7 Concord. When was the last time AL Brown JVs went undefeated in regular season. And last time Concord JVs beat AL Brown.

One thing about it. AL Brown JVs shouldn’t have no problem beating 2-7 Concord. When was the last time AL Brown JVs went undefeated in regular season. And last time Concord JVs beat AL Brown
We went undefeated in 2019/20
It's a wild stat.... KonKord hasn't won since 1998 looking to make it 25 years straight!
It could be a little close than we thing, AJ is out the reason of the season. He was hurt on the second to last drive in the Mooresville game.
He limped out on the field to make the game wining catch!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Not really, no where it used to be. Brown’s side is still full, but the last few years Concord’s side has not been 3/4 full.
This was the first really true crazy intense rivalry game I saw. I was in elementary school in the 90's and my uncle grew up watching this rivalry and he took me to a couple of the "Battle for the Bell" and filled me in on a lot of the history. I remember being in awe of all the people and everything around this game. This game represented what was truly great and wonderful about high school football. Two teams with great players and coaches who had a bitter dislike for each other. All the undercurrents of what used to happen with Cannon Mills and moving players in and out and AL Brown. It was a truly awesome experience.

I know population dynamics change and things don't ever stay the same, but I hope this rivalry stays and I think it would be great for this game to return to its former glory. Would it not benefit Cabarrus County greatly for this game to go back to being as big as it used to be? Just curious.

This was the first really true crazy intense rivalry game I saw. I was in elementary school in the 90's and my uncle grew up watching this rivalry and he took me to a couple of the "Battle for the Bell" and filled me in on a lot of the history. I remember being in awe of all the people and everything around this game. This game represented what was truly great and wonderful about high school football. Two teams with great players and coaches who had a bitter dislike for each other. All the undercurrents of what used to happen with Cannon Mills and moving players in and out and AL Brown. It was a truly awesome experience.

I know population dynamics change and things don't ever stay the same, but I hope this rivalry stays and I think it would be great for this game to return to its former glory. Would it not benefit Cabarrus County greatly for this game to go back to being as big as it used to be? Just curious.
I just don’t see it getting back to what it used to be. With all the changes in the area and with all the demographic changes.

I just don’t see it getting back to what it used to be. With all the changes in the area and with all the demographic changes.
The county redid concord district and gave it some of its old communities back. Ultimately both programs need to rebuild the winning traditions before they can get back to winning. I believe both have a long ways to go but not impossible. Hope this game can become what it once was. Even though it will still be great.

Reactions: Ooooner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT