ADVERTISEMENT

College Offers?

I thought he’d be crazy to leave myself...don’t hate the messenger...I’m just being honest. Transfers don’t bother me like they did years ago. Still ain’t a fan of it but like LD said if they want to leave let them leave.
Yea man that with that bunch of gomer pyles' over at central services enforcing the rules nothing will change so just embrace it and on occasion the Dogs can benefit...oh 012 reckon burns and crest would have gotten their pools with the 3 mil head clown sued the Sheriff for ? :)

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
Huskey's mother moved to Charlotte. He didn't want to transfer to a Charlotte school so he is living with his grandmother in the Burns district. Thus the transfer. I am kinda surprised there is no rule to staying with the school you started with if you have to move into another district....if you want to...especially given that he will be a Senior. Great addition to the Burns team. Take care of him!

Also rumor about Burns QB1 reaching out to the Lions is confirmed...not vice-versa. Not sure if he will indeed pull the trigger or not.

Pretty sure Adams is only a Sophmore RB currently, he will be a Junior next season. He came from Kings Mountain, I believe.

The name to remember is....Jones....could possibly be Jayden Borders part II. Very excited to watch this young man play.

North Carolina had 6 players make the Maxpreps All-American teams with respect to their grade levels. Shelby had 2 of the 6 players make the teams. This in itself is an unbelievable accomplishment for the Shelby program and for these young men. Nationally recognized!

Junior - Jack Hollifield
Sophmore - Malaki Hamrick.

Defense wins championships and our defense next season will probably be one of the best in the state over all classes. As the offense will possibly taper off from this year's, the defense will step up. This year's defense was unbelievable. Next year's will be even better. We may only win games 7-0 or 14-0 but I really like our odds at going 7 State Championships out of 8 years.

Man....high school football is FUN!

Huskey's mother moved to Charlotte. He didn't want to transfer to a Charlotte school so he is living with his grandmother in the Burns district. Thus the transfer. I am kinda surprised there is no rule to staying with the school you started with if you have to move into another district....if you want to...especially given that he will be a Senior. Great addition to the Burns team.

There is no rule that says he must transfer. Cleveland county is an open enrollment school system. He or anyone else can go to any school in the county regardless where they live in the county. Just have to provide your own transportation. I know many kids that have done this in the past(kids from Lawndale going to KM) and currently(KM kids going to crest and shelby,shelby kids going to KM) doing it this year. Not all play sports or old enough to play yet but I think transfers only become an issue if it hurts a program and helps another. Wouldn't really here about it if it was a reserve transferring.

Its suppose to be u have to live in the District.
As long as u live at that address and u meet tranfer dead line...
Im not sure what they follow anymore..
Guess its who u know and who u blow...lol

Its suppose to be u have to live in the District.
As long as u live at that address and u meet tranfer dead line...
Im not sure what they follow anymore..
Guess its who u know and who u blow...lol
Nope.. at least 8 years that hasn't been the case.they changed it years ago. I know kids that have done and currently doing it. It doesn't matter where you stay period. Everyone has a home district depending on where they stay. Meaning that school has to allow you yo come there. You can transfer to any school in the county as long as they have room and principal approves it. At least 8 years because that's when my child was able to use the rule and saved me $1414 a year i was paying for her to go to the elementary school i wanted her in ,in Kings Mountain.

And Husky mom moved to Charlotte...
He had to go to grand -mothers to live.
Good luck to him...
Shelby will be fine...

Well 2 years ago a kid at Crest wanted in at Shelby..
Lance said that the parents would have to live in city limits and he would need to meet transfer time.
Maybe some do it right way and others dont...lmbo

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Well 2 years ago a kid at Crest wanted in at Shelby..
Lance said that the parents would have to live in city limits and he would need to meet transfer time.
Maybe some do it right way and others dont...lmbo
I was talking to a assistant coach last year about this. He didn't know the rules either. Following the rules and applying for a transfer would be considered the right way to me. All I know is that 8 years at least this has been the way including right now. Simple 1 page paper and get principal at school you are transferring to out of district to sign. If the transferred student becomes a behavioral issue, the principal can ( i know several sent back last year) send student back to their home district.

Huskey's mother moved to Charlotte. He didn't want to transfer to a Charlotte school so he is living with his grandmother in the Burns district. Thus the transfer. I am kinda surprised there is no rule to staying with the school you started with if you have to move into another district....if you want to...especially given that he will be a Senior. Great addition to the Burns team. Take care of him!

Also rumor about Burns QB1 reaching out to the Lions is confirmed...not vice-versa. Not sure if he will indeed pull the trigger or not.

Pretty sure Adams is only a Sophmore RB currently, he will be a Junior next season. He came from Kings Mountain, I believe.

The name to remember is....Jones....could possibly be Jayden Borders part II. Very excited to watch this young man play.

North Carolina had 6 players make the Maxpreps All-American teams with respect to their grade levels. Shelby had 2 of the 6 players make the teams. This in itself is an unbelievable accomplishment for the Shelby program and for these young men. Nationally recognized!

Junior - Jack Hollifield
Sophmore - Malaki Hamrick.

Defense wins championships and our defense next season will probably be one of the best in the state over all classes. As the offense will possibly taper off from this year's, the defense will step up. This year's defense was unbelievable. Next year's will be even better. We may only win games 7-0 or 14-0 but I really like our odds at going 7 State Championships out of 8 years.

Man....high school football is FUN!
I was blasted for my sources on this board. Even though I never mentioned anyone specifically or a specific school.

Movement is incoming. Stay tuned..

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
Well I just talked to Camron he said “that is absolutely false I am not going anywhere and it has been a rumor since the season ended “

Love that kid!!! Ball player yes but better kid

I looked at my Snapchat memories today and apparently there was a rumor he was transferring somewhere last year (Probably Crest) because he shot them down exactly one year ago. Oh the irony.

Keep us updated goldenlions04. Good to hear from freshmanpostor that transfers is open to all ,Rev been crying for years and for 8 years it’s been legal. Poor ole Willie bought a house for no reason. Junior could have just drove in. You learn so much on here. Let the transfers begin .

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Talking to coach Wilbanks tonight at Crest vs Shelby game..he said CC is not a open enrollment county.
Said its up to school board that if there not moving and try transferring it can be turned down. By board...

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
@Freshmanposter01 youve posted this several times this year. Can you please find this in writing somewhere and share it with us?
I'll see if I can find some paperwork. I had a family contact me earlier this year about asking to use my KM address(honestly dont know why because i didnt know them but someone else told them I could help them out) because they were moving and no longer in KM district. I thought they were moving out of county but found out They were moving to Waco. I said thats easy, all you have to do is go get a transfer. They did the same day and remained in KM school,different from where they previously was at. Also another student I know is at crest and got transfer but stays in KM. No issue what so ever getting it done. I have connections at 2 elementary schools in KM and both have gotten shelby district transfers the last few years. Like I also stated. I was paying the $1414 / year for my daughter to go to the school I wanted her to go to 8 years ago for her k and 1st grades. We moved Into 1 of the boiling springs districts and all I had to do was transfer to the KM school and it was granted. I never knew about the transfer rule until a Lawndale parent that had their kid at KM middle at the time told me.

Talking to coach Wilbanks tonight at Crest vs Shelby game..he said CC is not a open enrollment county.
Said its up to school board that if there not moving and try transferring it can be turned down. By board...
All i know is I personally did a transfer,not including others I know. Never went to a school board. Filled out paper ,took to school I wanted her to transfer to, had principal sign,returned to district office and approved in same day. Just going on personal experience.

I’m understanding a lil better about your easier transfer request. High school athletics are not involved. Competitive sports is treated differently. Little Johnny can transfer but the address in almost all cases changes . Whether you agree with the rule or not. It can’t be as easy as just filling out a sheet of paper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT