ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Curlings from New Bern High

NBBears20124ACHAMPS

Jul 8, 2013
Resigned today. Coached 11 years, sat out 1 due to health reasons. What a helluva career!

"In those 12 years, our record was 115-39-1, we won 7 conference championships, played in 5 eastern finals, won 3 eastern finals, played in and won 3 state championships, we were honored by maxpreps’ tour of champions 2 times, had 2 undefeated seasons, set the school record for wins at 16, won 75% of games, averaged 9.5 wins per year, 10 players (and me) were selected for the Shrine Bowl, 8 players (and me) were selected for the East West All Star Game, over 50 players signed to play college football at various levels, three have had an opportunity at an NFL contract, and we raised money to bring our weight room up to championship standards."

"I always let the kids have the wins and I took the losses.”

Reactions: FBRef and gurnade
Great coach and great guy. Teams were always disciplined and well coached. Hard nosed kids who represented him and his staff very well. Best of wishes to him in his retirement.

with all due RESPECT DA BEARS was a great team THEN----- but D past is da past and HOPE R's theys can ask 4.

Dis be bout da coach, not da bears. but if we talkin' bout da past. da coach curlings has 3 of dose what you callem, state titles. put some RESPECK on that man name.

Reactions: T Roy C
all ya can --------------------------------------------------------. 3 state titles 3 state runner up, 6 eastern titles . how many do the rest of you have. if you ain,t rc keep your mouth shut

Reactions: Ben-Badd and RSHS93
Great Coach and a better Man. Much respect to him and his program.

Coach Curlings did a wonderful job at NB. During his time there. NB was a major factor year in and year out and most years they were the team to beat. I know he has had some health issues and I hope he can control those issues and enjoy riding off in the sunset.

Coach Curlings did a wonderful job at NB. During his time there. NB was a major factor year in and year out and most years they were the team to beat. I know he has had some health issues and I hope he can control those issues and enjoy riding off in the sunset.
YOU SHOULD KNOW FIRST HAND , .THE WAY WE BEAT UP ON THE MILDCATS,VI QUEENS, SCREAMING BIDDIES AND THE BUCKIES.YOU GAVE US OUR GREATEST GAME THE EASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP 2014 . DO YOU REMEMBER OR WOULD U LIKE TO FORGET.KINDA REMINDED ME OF CUSTER,S LAST STAND

NB has had the upper hand the last few times we have played. Hoggard has had some success against the Bears and the Vikes would have loved to have had some of them the last 2 seasons. This tread is about a great coach and I really dont want to detract from that. Great career, NB is fortunate to have had him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT