ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs SW Edgecombe 1st Round

Darkhorse04

Dec 5, 2006
Clinton boys tonight play in the first round of the state playoffs.

Tune in for tonight's game on: www.oldies1170.com or www.mixlr.com/oldies1170

Pre-game could be as early as 6:45 if the girls who start at 6 get a running clock into the 2nd half. Most likely pre-game will be around 7. Check in during that time. Go horses, survive and advance!

Clinton dodged a bullet tonight. Up 21 at one point 19 heading into 4th Q, and SW edgecomb just started attacking the glass with drives and cut it to 6. Clinton pulled away on free throws but it got scary at one point. Hopefully they learn from this that in the playoffs not lead is safe. Good win, survive and advance. Next up West Bladen. Familiar foe.

Girls smoked Washington. They got N.Pitt next.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Saw Boykin had a quadruple double tonight good start for the girls they host the defending 2A state champs Thursday its gonna take a helluva effort Boykin Cannady and Williams will have to be on other girls aswell.......boys side thats a dangerous game against WB having played twice already

The girls are basically playing in the Eastern Plains 2A conference for the playoffs. Defeated Washington, and will now face North Pitt. Yes, they are the defending 2A champs, but I think Clinton has too much firepower for the Panthers. If Clinton moves on, they could potentially face the EPC's champion, Southwest Edgecombe. As for the boys, the fourth quarter was a total defensive letdown. For a team to score 36 points in one quarter is ridiculous. But perhaps a game like that is needed to let them know that your season could be over in a matter of minutes if you don't play defense.

Pope for Clinton last night has 36. I may have missed a basket but either way he has been on fire lately.

I know its alot of basketball to be played but a potential Clinton vs Northside-Jacksonville regional game would be huge.....we would have the opportunity to do to them what they did to us in Football how sweet would that be.....especially for the football players who are on the b-ball team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT