ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton Jamboree (girls)

C-Town Dawg 33

Jul 3, 2019
Was able to get out to Clinton girls jamboree this past weekend and catch some summer hoops. The number of teams wasn't as high as in year's past, I'm guessing still an affect of Covid, but still some good action and it was just nice to see some games in person again, even if it was just scrimmages. Got to talk to plenty of fans from other schools and several of the coaches too and they were all great. Here's a few takes on what I saw and maybe if others were there, they can give their take. Or, if you've seen any other teams during the summer, how do they look?
-First, our Lady Dark Horses might just surprise some folk this year. Good length at several positions and the young girls look like they have come along. Chestnut played well and will be the leader. And got to see the eighth grade I've been hearing about. She's going to be a good one!
-North Pitt looked like they will be really good and I was told their best player wasn't even there, which could spell trouble for their opponents this year.
-North Brunswick also looked really solid. I don't know much about their players exactly, but they really surprised me in N Pitt game.
-Kinston had some size on the court, which wasn't surprising. They're always a factor.
-James Kenan had probably the most numbers out there, 16 or 17, and that was with several of their main ones missing. They looked solid and had some really good stretches when I saw them vs N Brunswick and W Carteret.
- Whiteville I only saw one game of before I had leave, but they had two really good players and looked solid.. should give plenty of teams trouble.
- there were a few other teams there and if I missed your team, I'm sorry. But, it was good to see the kids out there playing again, although they were still wearing masks. I wonder if they will have to once season starts? Now, I got a little hoops in, I'm ready for the football jamborees to start up. New conferences should be interesting too!

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Welcome to the board, C-town. Always glad to see another b-ball fan.

That sounded like an awesome event. I do have to ask......that eighth-grader you're talking about, are we talking "Boykin good"? If so......that's amazing. Boykin was one of the best girls players I've ever seen.

Welcome to the board, C-town. Always glad to see another b-ball fan.

That sounded like an awesome event. I do have to ask......that eighth-grader you're talking about, are we talking "Boykin good"? If so......that's amazing. Boykin was one of the best girls players I've ever seen.
Thanks, I've been up here for a couple years, but haven't posted any comments in a while. I like to follow the threads though, mostly the 2A fb and bb. But it was a great event and I enjoyed seeing the kids out there in good numbers, so I wanted to share. And no, I don't think she's at that Boykin level. That would be a tough comparison for any kid to live up to, but she looks like she has really good potential and looked like a junior out there. Boykin was just different though, and I agree with you.. she was one of the best I've seen. Boykin and Canady were a dynamic duo. That was a great team!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT