ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton fall schedule

Defensively we have a new coordinator so not sure what type of defense formation he prefers. Like fanatic said we lost alot to graduation on that side. Having #24 Wilson back will help #55 Dyches looked good last season before getting hurt should be back healthy hopefully. Looking forward to seeing Alex Evans growth in the secondary. Younger Westerbeek could step in and fill his brothers spot. Alot of questions guess we will find out when the scrimmages kick off looking forward to it

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Defensively we have a new coordinator so not sure what type of defense formation he prefers. Like fanatic said we lost alot to graduation on that side. Having #24 Wilson back will help #55 Dyches looked good last season before getting hurt should be back healthy hopefully. Looking forward to seeing Alex Evans growth in the secondary. Younger Westerbeek could step in and fill his brothers spot. Alot of questions guess we will find out when the scrimmages kick off looking forward to it

Looking for big things from the QB. I remember when he was incoming freshman, clinton faithful were stoked to see him. Has he lived up to the hype in your opinion 34? Are practices at clinton still closed to the public? Lol just messing hope clinton is a force this year. Not to many powerhouse out east lately, hope clinton will get back to their ways

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Looking for big things from the QB. I remember when he was incoming freshman, clinton faithful were stoked to see him. Has he lived up to the hype in your opinion 34? Are practices at clinton still closed to the public? Lol just messing hope clinton is a force this year. Not to many powerhouse out east lately, hope clinton will get back to their ways
He has. Coaches have tremendous faith in the young man and rightfully so. Smart kid great arm and blue collar. Those runs when teams knew he was keeping the ball big time always found a way to make a play.I think he is in for a big season.

Reactions: UNC91
And now its another freshmen QB Blackwell coming up haven't heard much about him(No middle school ball last year) looks like a good size kid maybe 6'1-6'2 not sure if he will be on JV or Varsity........most of the time when you hear about a kid in middle school its legit cause its not talked about often like that round here........Nick Cooper,Ryheem Skinner,and Blake Smith are the only ones i seen talked about up here before they even played a down of varsity. Ethan Royal will be the next if he continues to grow and train.

Last edited:
He has. Coaches have tremendous faith in the young man and rightfully so. Smart kid great arm and blue collar. Those runs when teams knew he was keeping the ball big time always found a way to make a play.I think he is in for a big season.

I've like his game since I've seen him as a freshman. Could tell right off the bat he was very intelligent young man. I'll be checking the box scores on him this year.

How did skinner finish up his college career. Loved watching that young man tote the rock. Huge heart on that young man

I've like his game since I've seen him as a freshman. Could tell right off the bat he was very intelligent young man. I'll be checking the box scores on him this year.

How did skinner finish up his college career. Loved watching that young man tote the rock. Huge heart on that young man
He has one more year left he is taking advantage of the extra covid year given to athletes he is still at Tarleton State in Texas. Finished Spring season with 687 yards 6 TDs in 8 games. Hopefully has a big season and hopefully lands on some NFL teams radar definitely a hardworker he isnt giving up

He has one more year left he is taking advantage of the extra covid year given to athletes he is still at Tarleton State in Texas. Finished Spring season with 687 yards 6 TDs in 8 games. Hopefully has a big season and hopefully lands on some NFL teams radar definitely a hardworker he isnt giving up

Awesome news brother. That extra year will help him out tons. He definitely deserves a shot at the league. Very very hard worker. Class act as well, deserves everything he ever gets.

Clinton hosting a 7 on 7 next week teams participating East Duplin,Southwest Onslow,Hobbton,James Kenan, Jack Britt,Grays Creek. Wednesday July 28th at 5pm

Clinton hosting a 7 on 7 next week teams participating East Duplin,Southwest Onslow,Hobbton,James Kenan, Jack Britt,Grays Creek. Wednesday July 28th at 5pm

Good for swo to see some talent. Will show if we will be ready for the season. Do you have the times and schedule brother ?

I would take anything from a 7 on 7 with a grain of salt. While it is good to get out and work against someone else in a controlled setting, working on routes, timing, drills, etc...most teams probably wont have their entire allotment of skill players.

I know some players from both JK and ED are playing baseball in Louisiana this weekend into early next week (including both returning starting QBs from last year). Some might be on vacation or those types of things. Same deal with scrimmages. Coaches use those different ways and almost everyone now participates in at least two scrimmages.

I also sorta chuckle when I see teams like WRH, Southwest and ED in a 7 on 7 with teams like a Hobbton or Midway who sling it all over the place. Wing T or predominately running teams in a 7 on 7 is kinda like Pelosi at a NRA meeting.

Need a football fix check out Hobbton coach Joe Salas youtube channel has alot of interesting stuff different coaches talking about their programs, offense and defensive formations and systems broken down. Some really good stuff especially if you are a coach or just a fan looking to learn more about the X's and O's

Fun time watching some good teams play tonight before the weather cut us short. Here are a few tidbits I witnessed.

Swo on their first play lined up in I formation with QB under center. Thought that was odd in a 7 on 7 but if that’s what you are gonna run most the time, why not practice play action timing. They mixed in formations. They have some good looking talent.

East Duplin went shotgun first play, threw a pick, then it was back to under center play action QB waggles etc. They have their one stud TE/RB still playing. We know East Duplin can beat you into the ground with their physicality, that isn’t on display in 7 on 7, but we know they are a physical group.

Never saw Hobbton play, we’re off in another area.

Grays creek has some offensive athletes.

Didn’t get to watch much of Jack Britt, weather cut us short.

*kudos to coach Johnson and Clinton for hosting, what I’ll assume was our first ever 7 on 7 @ Clinton.

*All I will say about it clinton is Coach Johnson is fun to watch/listen to run his team. His energy is infectious and he can be heard over every coach out there. Tons of energy. I can see why his kids love him. Go horses!

It's a joke. Coach Lewis used to say that a lot when he was at Clinton LOL

First time I ever heard this was like 2005’ or so when Dr. John Ward the HC at Union at the time took the podium at the Nathan Gay annual Jamboree luncheon only to open with:

“People have asked me, Coach what kind of team will the Spartans have this year. Well I’ll say this to you all. We aren’t very big but we sure are slow”

crowd busted into laughter.

SWO looked like they had some size. A few guys walked past me as they were leaving and I was like, whoa he is a big boy.

Your QB looked strong too. Hate weather halted what would’ve been a fun watch Clinton vs SWO.
Hoping we both advance in the playoffs and get a chance at each other. It's been awhile.

Hoping we both advance in the playoffs and get a chance at each other. It's been awhile.
I hope so it will be like a home game for my son. Were originally from Clinton Big Piney Grove rd. I would love that so I can give my brother Larry (Spud) McIntyre hell lol.

Last edited:
I hope so it will be like a home game for my son. Were originally from Clinton Big Piney Grove rd. I would love that so I can give my brother Larry (Spud) McIntyre hell lol.

I was coached by Spud in rec baseball. All he did at practice for BP was through knuckle balls. LoL, good guy.

I was coached by Spud in rec baseball. All he did at practice for BP was through knuckle balls. LoL, good guy.
Yep that’s my brother his a solid guy. He coached baseball and I coach rec football. He thinks he know more about football then me. That’s like me saying I know about baseball then him😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT