Sept 24-vs Red Springs*
Oct 1-@ St Pauls*
Oct 8-vs Midway*
Oct 15 Open
Oct 22-@ West Bladen*
Oct 29- vs East Bladen*

*Conference games

Last edited:
Always fun getting to play our neighbors in Cumberland county.....that Oct 1 game at St Pauls could be big and of course the Midway and East Bladen rivalry games

August(No date listed) scrimmage
August 13- Sampson County Jamboree
August 20- vs Goldsboro
August 27-@ Wallace Rose-Hill
Sept 3- vs EE Smith
Sept 10-@ Northside-Jacksonville
Sept 17-@ Fairmont*
Sept 24-vs Red Springs*
Oct 1-@ St Pauls*
Oct 8-vs Midway*
Oct 15 Open
Oct 22-@ West Bladen*
Oct 29- vs East Bladen*

*Conference games
Why does Red Springs game stand out to me?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Ia this a good hire for Clinton? He came from lee county, any other stops? Is this his first DC job? Is this someone coach Johnson knew? My time keeping an eye on clinton, usually keep it in house.
They Coached together at Scotland. Believe this is his first DC job was probably just a position coach before. He is young someone mentioned he graduated from Reidsville in 2011

Reactions: UNC91
The scrimmage that wasnt listed on schedule is August 12th vs Union Pines 6pm Cumberland County Jamboree

Reactions: RD28327
And a pleasant surprise the Sampson County Jamboree isnt going to be the old half field scrimmages against county teams. Looks like they changed the format for the better in my opinion. We will scrimmage East Duplin at 8:30 on August 13th at Midway. I honestly like this better. East Duplin is going to be one of the top teams in the East and this will give coaches a great look at were we are at early in the season. Better than scrimmaging Lakewood and Union.

AD Lane at MHS is going over and beyond for this one. It’s gonna be a blast. A DJ, food trucks, bounce house for kids, real games with full field access, teams outside Sampson Co. including us vs E. Duplin, wow!!!! Nice job.

Just curious why this was moved from Clinton to Midway or is it going to rotate among the Sampson County schools each year? Duplin County had a jamboree a couple of years ago at JK but I guess it fell through since it didnt take place due to Covid.

Not sure how accurate it is, but I am hearing ED might be down a little this year.

Reactions: UNC91
Just curious why this was moved from Clinton to Midway or is it going to rotate among the Sampson County schools each year? Duplin County had a jamboree a couple of years ago at JK but I guess it fell through since it didnt take place due to Covid.

Not sure how accurate it is, but I am hearing ED might be down a little this year.
Midway AD requested it and has gone above and beyond to put on a good event it looks like. In the past it has primarily been at Clinton i can only think of maybe 2-3 times its been at another county school. The event had become somewhat lackluster with the half field scrimmages and no outside teams. Glad to see a fresh format.

Midway AD requested it and has gone above and beyond to put on a good event it looks like. In the past it has primarily been at Clinton i can only think of maybe 2-3 times its been at another county school. The event had become somewhat lackluster with the half field scrimmages and no outside teams. Glad to see a fresh format.
Midway AD wanted it bad and we may be glad he got it. Just look at what he is doing. It’s not just gonna be football, it’s gonna be an event. I’d be willing to bet all fans of every school will walk away impressed with not only the activities but the game assignments, food, facilities etc. Wouldn't shock me if this game stays at Midway if this proves to be a hit, unless we at Clinton decide to take some hints that this “scrimmage” needs facelift and if we aren’t willing to do it, someone else is. Good for them. Looking forward to it. Go horses!

Midway AD wanted it bad and we may be glad he got it. Just look at what he is doing. It’s not just gonna be football, it’s gonna be an event. I’d be willing to bet all fans of every school will walk away impressed with not only the activities but the game assignments, food, facilities etc. Wouldn't shock me if this game stays at Midway if this proves to be a hit, unless we at Clinton decide to take some hints that this “scrimmage” needs facelift and if we aren’t willing to do it, someone else is. Good for them. Looking forward to it. Go horses!
I'm going to try and go to this. I'll try to be there for the 6:30 scrimmage.

I like food trucks! LOLOL😃

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
More details on upcoming Jamboree and for Clinton faithful dont forget the night before we are scrimmaging Union Pines at the Cumberland County Jamboree

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
The Horses will be able to possibly see E.E. Smith in some action before they take the field against UP.
EE Smith has kinda fell off a bit in recent years last decent year was 2017 with a 9-4 record. Alot of redistricting in Fayetteville seems like they lost alot of athletes to Terry Sanford. Far from the Carter Sharpe led Golden Bulls in the mid 2000's. Still should be a fun match up hosting a Cumberland County school

@Darkhorse04 @Wizard of the East @FOOTBALLFANTIC yall ready to talk some Clinton football or yall need a few more weeks lol.......Predictions,top returning players,promising new players, match up your most looking forward to. We only a few weeks away guys lets get the discussions started.
I think we may be at worst 8-2, with losses to maybe Northside and St. Pauls(defending State Champion runner-up). Top returning players are QB Blake Smith, RB Jaekwon Wilson, OL Theodore Bennett, and a host of other players(which is too much to type on my cell phone at the time of this post). A couple of promising new players are QB Ny'Darion Blackwell (Fr), ATH Landen Pearson (So). Our offense will be good once again, and possibly even better than last year. We have several holes to fill on defense, so we will be quite young on that side of the ball. Super excited for the beginning of the season!!

I think we may be at worst 8-2, with losses to maybe Northside and St. Pauls(defending State Champion runner-up). Top returning players are QB Blake Smith, RB Jaekwon Wilson, OL Theodore Bennett, and a host of other players(which is too much to type on my cell phone at the time of this post). A couple of promising new players are QB Ny'Darion Blackwell (Fr), ATH Landen Pearson (So). Our offense will be good once again, and possibly even better than last year. We have several holes to fill on defense, so we will be quite young on that side of the ball. Super excited for the beginning of the season!!

Northside jax? They lost ton of senior d1 players and didn't look promising or have a good jv team? St Paul's? Have you watched film on them? Nothing impressed me at all. Clinton would have went to state in 2aa last year season. Dont hype up them at all

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Northside jax? They lost ton of senior d1 players and didn't look promising or have a good jv team? St Paul's? Have you watched film on them? Nothing impressed me at all. Clinton would have went to state in 2aa last year season. Dont hype up them at all

Honestly, wrh is the toughest game on clinton schedule to me. I do think Saint Pauls will improve, but they will find it a lot tougher having to deal with the entire east.

If i had to guess at best we run the table and finish the regular season undefeated at worst 8-2. Wallace is our toughest non conference opponent in my opinion i dont see Northside-Jacksonville being a issue unless they got some new military kids transferring in. Offense will be our strength in my opinion and starts with QB Blake Smith 3rd year under center shared snaps as a sophomore but was handed the keys to offense last season athletic tough kid he will have a great season. One position group im excited about is the offensive line led by Johnathon Blackmon and Theodore Bennett alot of size alot of experience returns. Patrick Morrissey will be the guy on the outside not as tall as Kesean but he is a excellent route runner fast and great hands #2 and #5 will hook up alot this season. RB is somewhat of a ????? I would guess upperclassmen J. Wilson and and Elijah Kirby would lead the way but do have some younger guys like rising sophomore Anias Robinson who could step in since Kirby and Wilson already play defense. Probably see a committee approach and go with the hot hand after the first couple games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT