ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

I was always under the impression that it depended on where in the Burns district they lived determined whether they went to Cherryville or Shelby.....
This is what I can't figure out about legion ball. Was told some of the KM kids got waivers to play with Cherryville. Is there a hard and fast rule on where you play? I have no idea.

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
This is what I can't figure out about legion ball. Was told some of the KM kids got waivers to play with Cherryville. Is there a hard and fast rule on where you play? I have no idea.
I am not sure if it is the same as it used to be but you used to have to play for the area you live in. For example some of the players for KM are the Cherryville district so they play for Cherryville and others are in Post 82 district. If you live in the Post 82 district but want to play for the Cherryville legion team you have to get a release from the coach of Post 82 so you can go play in another district. If they won’t sign the release then you can’t play for another team. I am not sure if it is still like that though.

Burns players on Post 82
Jacob Dubesko
Gabe Holiday
Hagan Hoyle
Marshall McGowan
Nikolas Williams
Colby Putnam

Cherryville has 3
Joseph Webb (graduated last year)
Reid Stroupe
Ethan Guy

Cherryville also has 5 players from KM.
Allen from Crest is playing for Cherryville if I'm not mistaken .

Had a chance to get out to Crest this morning...
👀

Go Dark Helmet GIF

I’m hard to think of all the speed another Crest team has had
Speed at all positions and depth with speed
Speed kills !
We've had speed can't lie but the sheer collection of it we have not had. Rolling 2 and 3 deep is going to help greatly. I think I saw 4 running-backs and they could all tote the mail... I know for a fact I saw 3.. And JG6 isn't the only receiver we have either.....

I do not klnow what we'll actually be but we'll be dang good. Blazing speed everywhere.... Good grief..

meanwhile, the Dawgs sit back in the shadows...... and waits........
You guys did pick up one of our kids this off-season who will be really solid for you guys on defense. The kid’s dad was a really good player on the Mountaineer team that played for the title in 98. Dad married one of those Lawndale gals and next thing you know the kid is a Dawg. We had no game plan for that lol.

I believe we have 5th ranked Asheville Reynolds that week. So 3 of the top 5 ranked 3A teams in the state our first three games. Hopefully it helps this young team learn and get better.
Wow that is definitel the toughest 2A and arguably the toughest 3A non conference schedule in state. Truth be told there are a lot of 4A’s that do not want that kind of smoke in their non-conference schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT