ADVERTISEMENT

Christ School needs to stop recruiting Buncombe County School’s

It’s definitely a well known fact they are actively trying to get WNCs best public school players over to Arden. It’s hard to compete with that offer too if those guys are able to get into a 30,000+ dollar a year school.
Having said that, I don’t know a single person who will be pulling for them against Charlotte Christian because of it

Well the parents don't have to decide to send their kids there. But on the other hand, I'd watch the active recruiting. Yet again, they aren't a public school.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Lol they just don't recruit buncombe county...they recruit haywoood and macon both...but once again part of that falls on the geniuses that allow a kid to reclassify at a private school

They recruit through the players, especially the QB over there ( we all know who that is ). The current Christ School player gets the guys to come to a game and then gives them the recruiting jargon that the coaching staff at Christ School wants them to pass along. It's underhanded as hell. You can believe it or not but if you don't, I have some nice beach front property in Buncombe County I am looking to sell.

Wonder why Mallard Creek, Hough, Vance, Butler, West Meck, Independece, North Meck dont have to worry about their stars going to Charlotte Latin or Charlotte Christian or Providence Day or Victory Christian or Northside Christian.

Point being times have changed. If your player decides to transfer there so be it. Stop scheduling them. Other public schools in other areas will. They're just expanding/growing their brand.

Last edited:
ACR hasn't and won't play them. I don't know about anyone else.

Wonder why Mallard Creek, Hough, Vance, Butler, West Meck, Independece, North Meck dont have to worry about their stars going to Charlotte Latin or Charlotte Christian or Providence Day or Victory Christian or Northside Christian.

Victory and Northside are non factors now.

Throw Country Day in with the other three which make up the Big 4. They are not sports factories and they do NOT reclassify students fir sports although they did up until about ten or twelve years ago. Providence Day seems to be a little active in bringing players in but Country Day and Latin are not going to lower their academic standards. P Day is somewhat of a head scratcher to me.

Go where you can go to put yourself in the best possible position. Athletes have to do this in todays competitive world. If a kid gets an offer to transfer and reclass in order to raise his stock so be it. Get over it! Is it about the kids, or is it about our favorite school winning?
Pretty sure you keep the knee pad business...In business!! Nice to hide your opinion behind “it’s for the kids” How many D1 football scholarships have been offered to CS football compared to Buncombe public schools? I’m not going to waste any more time talking to a Freedom was been. Heck on second thought if my son played at Freedom I would PAY for him to transfer.. clowns

Sounds like Charlotte Catholic
Much like btango said, you are living in a glass house don't throw stones plenty of words get around.
Also yeah because we're out pilfering players from Mallard Creek, we took our white corners from them.
As for Christ School, I think someone on here maybe said earlier in season they are trying to be a mini-IMG up there. I agree with an earlier poster if I had the option to send my kid to a private school for free I'm taking it.

Also yeah because we're out pilfering players from Mallard Creek, we took our white corners from them.
Bwaaahahahahahahahahahaha you said it Cougs. But you forgot we get our pass rushers from Vance and our QB’s from Garinger. That’s why Garinger can’t win football games, we steal them all. Hahahahahahahahaha what a joke!!

Stupid Whammy yours is coming. The sled dogs have been living in the Twilight Zone since August. Huss will get their jaw broken in postseason because they don’t know how to play under pressure and will fall apart like a cheap toy from a box of Fruity Pebbles when they do. And I’ll be watching with a middle finger salute just for you when reality puts the wood on your Gaston County gas bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: StallionSWO
Don’t care who says what! I saw text messages with my own eyes, inviting public school players to a private school game to meet the coaches and tour. Is that not recruiting??? Elections were over yesterday. Enough with the politics.
You read some kids text, really?? Oh boy, you saw it for yourself! Lol

Reactions: Chopper747
If you don't like private schools recruiting then stop them; not by complaining or making rules. Beat them at their own game and beat them on the field. IMO you do this a couple of ways.

1. Demand that your county pay their coaches well and allow for more than 8 coaching slots or however many your county allows. Shoot, some counties only pay for 6 coaches for the entire program. With that the Head Coach needs to get out and go find high quality assistant coaches that will work with the individual kids during indy time. Only way you can do that is by paying a competitive wage to coaches. None of us like our taxes being raised but if your committed to having a top flight football program then this what has to happen.

2. Demand that your HC and AD schedule good competition. I understand that some coaches want to schedule cupcake games to get a W and pad their win/loss total. However, a lot of kids go to these private schools or academies because they can play against better competition on a week in and week out basis. College coaches are more likely to attend a primetime game than they are a roll over/easy win game.

3. Be in active communication with parents. We live in a what can you do for me world. Whether you believe this is right or wrong this is the society that we live in. Tell parents what you are doing to get their child to the next level. What are your plans for him and the team. Again, can't live under a rock in this one. A head coach is much like a politician today. It's sad but its a reality that must be understood. I know a lot of coaches are already doing some of this but there are still a lot that don't. Instead of making the parents take their kids to these recruitment camps, the coaching staff should be signing these kids up for these. Again, a plan for each kid and detail that to the parents.

4. Create a unique competitive edge. I could be wrong but I believe Mallard Creek has a strength and conditioning teacher. Full time weight training in the building. The results for those kids is shown on the field. It's like a college program. A trained and certified strength and conditioning coordinator. South Carolina schools have them. Again, I could be wrong but I don't believe many schools in NC have these. It's typically the HC that is teaching weight training.

I could go on and on. Again IMO you can't blame people for transferring. We live in a capitalistic society. How can you blame someone for going to something better. Coaches leave their jobs for greener pastures all the time and we ask the kids to be loyal when many adults are doing it to better their lives. Again, you want them to stay - convince them, show them they would be better off at a public school than a private school.

I think Christ Schools most important recruiting tool is the ability to reclassify. That cannot be overcome in any way by a public school.

Some of the other items are not simple fixes.

I've said this several times but here goes again...… Coaches will leave one program for another at the drop of a hat or a few dollars more. I've heard it for years, and totally understand. "Would of stayed here forever, had this offer not came". These 16-18 year old student athletes have learned from the best (the coaches) how this works!

I personally see their biggest draw as getting a free education at a school that costs 30,000+ dollars to go to. It’s certainly not because they are a football power playing in front of 92 people every Saturday against cannon and Asheville school.
Hell Asheville high has had more guys go on to play in the NFL in the last 10 years than Christ school has had d1 recruits.
There are 2 reasons and 2 reasons only why a kid would transfer from a Reynolds franklin Asheville pisgah erwin Roberson to play football.
1. I get to go to a private school for free and get a top of the line education at a school I would otherwise never be able to attend.
2. I get to reclassify and get to play high school football still when I’m almost 20 years old.

Reactions: GG4BAMA
1. I get to go to a private school for free and get a top of the line education at a school I would otherwise never be able to attend.
2. I get to reclassify and get to play high school football still when I’m almost 20 years old.

If you are a rising senior I think one free year of education would not be so impressive. Two free years of education with an extra year of football is huge!

Reactions: AhsCougar1
I would argue that the environment better prepares you for what life as a collegiate athlete is like from workouts, study hall, and what is expected of you in the classroom. Private schools do not have to follow the state requirements I believe, which allows the educators to provide more college level like courses. Do students at Christ School live on campus? If so, you are basically getting a trial run of what college is like which is something that I wish I would have had before hand.

They are trash and definitely a pain in the ass for any local team around them. I hope after this season nobody ever plays them again from wnc. The problem with them and recruiting is that the Asheville citizen times will not pursue them and bring that to light. The football atmosphere there is a joke. It's totally the opposite of what high school football should be. Just a bunch of rich boys acting like idiots. I do look forward to seeing the score tonight after they get killed by Charlotte Christian.

Lol they just don't recruit buncombe county...they recruit haywoood and macon both...but once again part of that falls on the geniuses that allow a kid to reclassify at a private school

They get a few from out there if they are good enough but the majority of it is from Buncombe County

Give it time Christ school will coward out of the private school league like charlotte Catholic who got shut out by the only private school they played

They are trash and definitely a pain in the ass for any local team around them. I hope after this season nobody ever plays them again from wnc. The problem with them and recruiting is that the Asheville citizen times will not pursue them and bring that to light. The football atmosphere there is a joke. It's totally the opposite of what high school football should be. Just a bunch of rich boys acting like idiots. I do look forward to seeing the score tonight after they get killed by Charlotte Christian.

How many times we on this board we hear Kids come through the Asheville city schools or county schools only to transfer. Lol some of you people need to get a grip. What if Christ School gets a coach like Mallard Creek's Palimeri or Vance's Brand. You think recruiting is bad now, lol wait til they start getting success. OTW they don't need WNC players only. Charlotte, Shelby or Gastonia isn't that far. You whining now bout the right coach would easily have the top talent in Buncombe county

Reactions: Wolf4Lyfe
I personally see their biggest draw as getting a free education at a school that costs 30,000+ dollars to go to. It’s certainly not because they are a football power playing in front of 92 people every Saturday against cannon and Asheville school.
Hell Asheville high has had more guys go on to play in the NFL in the last 10 years than Christ school has had d1 recruits.
There are 2 reasons and 2 reasons only why a kid would transfer from a Reynolds franklin Asheville pisgah erwin Roberson to play football.
Bro you left important reason out christ school has outstanding coaching staff ,their head coach trains NFL players. Right now christ school is getting players from this area ,but in next few years they will be getting players all over the country.

Give it time Christ school will coward out of the private school league like charlotte Catholic who got shut out by the only private school they played
Catholic 20 Country Day 3, we played two. This is coming from a guy who’s team had a kid come in midseason from another school and play. Don’t throw stones living in a glass house.

How many times we on this board we hear Kids come through the Asheville city schools or county schools only to transfer. Lol some of you people need to get a grip. What if Christ School gets a coach like Mallard Creek's Palimeri or Vance's Brand. You think recruiting is bad now, lol wait til they start getting success. OTW they don't need WNC players only. Charlotte, Shelby or Gastonia isn't that far. You whining now bout the right coach would easily have the top talent in Buncombe county

You don't even live in the area so you don't know what CS is all about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT