ADVERTISEMENT

Christ School @ Murphy

I don't understand why it matters if a kids parents were from Robbinsville. If they transferred from another school, it's still a transfer. That would be like me saying Dax Hollifield transferring to Mitchell wouldn't be a transfer because his dad went to high school there. Makes no sense. I don't get the whole superiority complex either. You act like a kid is of more importance if they have ties to Graham county, even if it was 6 generations ago, verses someone with no ties to the area. I guess there's a reason Robbinsville hasn't changed much in the last 100 years, no one comes in, no one leaves...

How funny 2 schools from smc mad at who recruits the most ... lol
Murphy doesn't recruit and seriously doubt Robbinsville has either. I don't care who transfers in to Robbinsville, just like giving BK a hard time after he's harped on Murphy getting transfers in the past when they just picked up 2 on varsity an another on JV this season.

I know this is a Murphy vs Christ School thread but i’m confused !! My x wife is from Robbinsville and I’m from Andrews but my dad was from Robbinsville and my mom from Andrews. Are you still with me. My first born child was born in California and we were there for 2 months after his birth. We came back and lived in Andrews till he was 4 yrs old then we got divorced and he and his mom and brother moved back to Robbinsville where he went to school and played sports and graduated as a Black Knight. My confusion is ? Is he considered from California, Andrews or Robbinsville under these circumstances ? This is a true story
Lmbo !!!!

Last edited:
I know this is a Murphy vs Christ School thread but i’m confused !! My x wife is from Robbinsville and I’m from Andrews but my dad was from Robbinsville and my mom from Andrews. Are you still with me. My first born child was born in California and we were there for 2 months after his birth. We came back and lived in Andrews till he was 4 yrs old then we got divorced and he and his mom and brother moved back to Robbinsville where he went to school and played sports and graduated as a Black Knight. My confusion is ? Is he considered from California, Andrews or Robbinsville under these circumstances ?
Lmbo !!!!
:eek::confused:o_O
Travise Pittman's wife is from Murphy, but he is from Mitchell county. Does that mean their son could transfer to Murphy without it being considered a transfer? Or does that not apply because they have an early college?

I guess all I read from y’all is Murphy alters numbers ,Robbinsville and Murphy recruit, swain takes cherokee players . I’m just going on you guys . We get transfers but it’s fun to poke at you guys

I dated girls from Swain, Robbinsville, Andrews and Murphy! They have children now but none of them are mine. Is it possible for them to attend Hayesville since I dated them before they met the father of their children!

This is becoming some six degrees of Kevin Bacon level shenanigans.

Reactions: Uncgrad1998
I want to take BK's logic and examine it a little closer. Please stay with me because I do have a question. In Hayesville we have no hospital in the county. For many of our students their place of birth is Murphy or Blairsvlle Ga. Does Graham County have a hospital? Does this mean those kids are transfers since they were not born in Robbinsville?

If Gentry and the DOGS can pull this one off it will be one for the ages. I know it is a tall task. But nothing is "impossible" when it comes to Gentry, Nelson the rest of the staff, the "HILL" and a bunch of hungry DOGS!!

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Murphys only hope is to get to Shuler EVERY play.If he has time he will eat away large chunks of yardage every play. If the pressure is on him,he will then eat you up 4 yards at a time with quick passes. His release is so fast. He needs to be sacked multiple times to get him rattled.. Just when you think you have him contained they will bust a 20 yd running play.
Its gonna be tough but I hope Murphy curb stomps them.

Murphys only hope is to get to Shuler EVERY play.If he has time he will eat away large chunks of yardage every play. If the pressure is on him,he will then eat you up 4 yards at a time with quick passes. His release is so fast. He needs to be sacked multiple times to get him rattled.. Just when you think you have him contained they will bust a 20 yd running play.
Its gonna be tough but I hope Murphy curb stomps them.
I remember Shuler Sr. owned the SMC when he played and now his DNA is paying another visit to the conference that "dad" ruled in his day. A little deja Vu for the SMC this week IMO. Murphy is stout but not stout enough in this one CS by 35.

Reactions: Swaindad40
I remember Shuler Sr. owned the SMC when he played and now his DNA is paying another visit to the conference that "dad" ruled in his day. A little deja Vu for the SMC this week IMO. Murphy is stout but not stout enough in this one CS by 35.
Worlds apart as players.

I don't understand why it matters if a kids parents were from Robbinsville. If they transferred from another school, it's still a transfer. That would be like me saying Dax Hollifield transferring to Mitchell wouldn't be a transfer because his dad went to high school there. Makes no sense. I don't get the whole superiority complex either. You act like a kid is of more importance if they have ties to Graham county, even if it was 6 generations ago, verses someone with no ties to the area. I guess there's a reason Robbinsville hasn't changed much in the last 100 years, no one comes in, no one leaves...[/QUOTE
I saw Heath play at Mitchell .and your right Swain did not throw the ball much at all that game ,but Heath did run the ball quiet a bit .

I think Murphy will win a close one. If you compare scores (I know, I know) Mitchell Beat Concord 56-0, Christ School 49-0. And we played subs most of the 2nd half.

I think Murphy will win a close one. If you compare scores (I know, I know) Mitchell Beat Concord 56-0, Christ School 49-0. And we played subs most of the 2nd half.

I don't know how much you can read into that. Christ School was up 45-0 at the half and could’ve named the score. Only points they got in the second half were defensive.

The little bit that I got to see CS during the scrimmage against hendo they were just passing the ball all over the place. Very good size line also. But I didn’t get to watch enough to get a good solid feel for them. But what I saw looked good and that was early early in the year and a lot has changed probably

It's hard to say by just looking at scores and stats especially will Christ School only playing two games. But it looks like it's a game of strength against strength CS offense to Murphy's defense. And you can't underestimate Murphy playing at home that's a hard place to go and get a win.

I’m hoping Murphy can pull off the upset, I think it will be a lot closer than some might think

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I don't understand why it matters if a kids parents were from Robbinsville. If they transferred from another school, it's still a transfer. That would be like me saying Dax Hollifield transferring to Mitchell wouldn't be a transfer because his dad went to high school there. Makes no sense. I don't get the whole superiority complex either. You act like a kid is of more importance if they have ties to Graham county, even if it was 6 generations ago, verses someone with no ties to the area. I guess there's a reason Robbinsville hasn't changed much in the last 100 years, no one comes in, no one leaves...
Did Dax go to Mitchell?

Win or lose, it should help prepare the secondary for a possible show down with Mitchell at a later date

Win or lose, it should help prepare the secondary for a possible show down with Mitchell at a later date
Doesn't look like there will be one. Unless there been wrong information given, looks like Mitchell will be in the 1AA playoffs and Murphy in the 1A.

:eek::confused:o_O
Travise Pittman's wife is from Murphy, but he is from Mitchell county. Does that mean their son could transfer to Murphy without it being considered a transfer? Or does that not apply because they have an early college?

What you are leaving out, or ignoring, is the dynamics of parents being from a certain place. If they moved back to Murphy where she was originally from and likely has family there, then of course that's different than just straight up transferring somewhere with no ties just for the sake of sports.

What you are leaving out, or ignoring, is the dynamics of parents being from a certain place. If they moved back to Murphy where she was originally from and likely has family there, then of course that's different than just straight up transferring somewhere with no ties just for the sake of sports.
A move is a move ... No difference one way or another. Living out of the school system is a totally different animal. If I want my child to attend Asheville High and I move to that school district, the reason is irrelevant to anyone.

A move is a move ... No difference one way or another. Living out of the school system is a totally different animal. If I want my child to attend Asheville High and I move to that school district, the reason is irrelevant to anyone.
It doesn't apply to private or charter schools but according to NCHSAA rules if a student transfers to another public school in a district or county they don't live in then they can't play sports for that school for one year unless you are granted permission from a transfer NCHSAA committee. It doesn't give examples just wonder what would constitute the exemption knowing some that didn't sit out a year while still a resident in another county.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT