ADVERTISEMENT

Cherryville loses!

Wow! Surprised by this one. Based on the Lincoln Charter team that I saw last year, I would not have expected this outcome particularly by this margin. Did you see the game Catawba? Is Lincoln this much better?

I was afraid you would say that. Hate to see another boundary/traditional/disadvantaged school fall victim to that sudden improvement. So I take from your statement that they did MAGICALLY improve that much from last year.

Have they improved via size or skill?

Cherryville is a good team don't get it twisted they might have not come out on the winning side of the game but trust me there season is far from over. They will be in the hunt when all things are said an done. Like ill tell any one it is hard to go undefeated but losing one game is not the end of the world. I was not at the game but the score lets me no they both battled back and forth.

I would be very surprised if Cherryville was not in the hunt at the end. Just surprised that Lincoln Charter has jumped into the hunting group as well. We both face different challenges. Your conference is full of Charter schools and we spend over half of our conference season butting heads with 2A schools most of which have over twice the students that we have. Nobody said it was going to be easy. If it was we probably would not enjoy it anyway.

Best of Luck

Charter or non-boundary schools seem to always knock the Ironmen out in the end of the season, e.g., Prep too many times and Bishop too many times.

Had nothing to do with being a charter school last night. Lincoln Charter is really good. I was at the game. If you look at them they don't seem to scare you but those boys play hard. They start 2 Freshmen and 3 who played last season. They only lost 1 meaningful sr. last season. And the addition of the Freshmen who played middle school ball at the school last season and they are good. The Fresh. PG can go with the best. And they had a 6'7 Freshman that was on the bench for personal reasons...I guess he got in trouble. No new faces, except Freshman, but these guys looked stronger, quicker, and could shoot lights out. They scored 56 in a half, that should say something. I do think Cherryville is going to be okay and will probably be there in the end. But Lincoln Charter impressed the heck out of me and I don't have a dog in the fight. Those guys just outplayed Cherryville last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT