ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee

Wildcat10fan

Aug 9, 2014
Cherokee has a great gym and has great boys and girls basketball teams. The thing I hate about playing there is the play by play announcer. We can see what's happening in the game for ourselves. Also its hard to talk to other fans at the game because he even does commercials or jams you out with rap music during time outs. All this would be OK if done in moderation. Its like being at a NBA game. Is it just me ?

The Cherokee football announcer is hard to listen to also. He sound like he just took a handful of downers. lol.

I think he retired but he was court side beside LLCool J. I guess its just me. Franklin had a good announcer that only called who was going in the game and who was shooting foul shots. I'm just old

It is suppose to be against NCHSAA rules this year to announce during the game at all. You are only suppose to announce anything between quarters and halftime.

Not from Cherokee, but Mr. Kinsland does an outstanding job trying to make the game special for the student-athletes. I am sorry you are offended and do not recognize the efforts this man makes for the young people. I have never taken offense and have been around SMC basketball for 30+ years. I for one hope he continues.

Mr. Kinsland is a pillar of the community and a legend within the Cherokee Braves Athletic Program. There has never and will never be a bigger supporter of all the kids on the Boundary than him. End of story.

BK's comment shows absolutely how ignorant he is on everything he posts about. If he had any clue who the man is that he was mocking, he would know how good of a move it would be to shut his mouth. You would be hard pressed to find a better man on this planet.

All I said is he talks slow that yeller creekers. You always try to turn it into something bad. He talks SLOW and almost puts me to sleep. Do you need me to say it again. SLOW. I will tell you most folks from Cherokee I know say the new rules is also helping them in sports.

No what you said was it sounded like he was pilled out or to quote you had taken a hand full of downers. I didn't try to spin your words at all. You mocked a pillar of the Cherokee Community, plain and simple. Know what you are saying and who you are saying it about before you post stupid stuff BK.

And to make it worse then you respond in your little 3rd grade school girl manner with with something completely not related and false at that. Grow up man. Seriously, you are an embarrasment.

Originally posted by gal durnit:
Mr. Kinsland is a pillar of the community and a legend within the Cherokee Braves Athletic Program. There has never and will never be a bigger supporter of all the kids on the Boundary than him. End of story.

BK's comment shows absolutely how ignorant he is on everything he posts about. If he had any clue who the man is that he was mocking, he would know how good of a move it would be to shut his mouth. You would be hard pressed to find a better man on this planet.
Amen.

I like not seeing you post. I might keep it like this. what are you doing on a bball thread anyhow???? lmbo.

I am everywhere BK! Except sneaking around the Early College tracking student enrollments...

That's your job.

Originally posted by Wildcat10fan:
Cherokee has a great gym and has great boys and girls basketball teams.
I agree, it's a great place to watch a high school basketball game. They spared no expense on their new state-of-the-art basketball arena. It just doesn't get any better than Cherokee or Hayesville as far as the facilities, crowd energy, and the product each school puts on the floor night in and night out. They both represent the SMC well!

Cherokee does put good team on the court but the Cherokee gym was in bad shape the last time I was at a game. Big Cracks in the wall from floor to ceiling. Looks like the building had settled.

Not exactly sure what you are talking about there BK. I will give it an inspection and report back after Fridays game between Hayesville and Cherokee. Also, it's not a gym it's an "arena". Robbinsville, Murphy, Swain, Andrews, and Rosman play in a "gym"!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

If my memory is right then look at the inside wall. Not the 3 walls that are outside wall but the one wall that is connected to the rest of the school. It is still there I promise. It might have caulk in it and painted to hide it but its not fixed. This was back a few years.

No disrespect was intended with this post. I agree it was to make it special for the athletes and I understand that.. Could this be a start of something new through out the SMC ? If every school do the same and have a play by play will all the visiting fans see it the same way ? Will this cause emotions to get out of hand in the stands because you know the home team will get all the high energy calls from the announcer. I hope it is accepted by the teams that currently do it when they travel and have to listen to a biased announcer from another school !

My apologies Wildcat10fan, the announcer at Cherokee is not Mr. Kinsland. You are right the new announcer is very annoying. Will this cause a problem? I doubt it. Is it a step back from the tasteful announcing Cherokee has had in the past? Yes.

I attended the Hayesville/Cherokee game on Friday night and saw nothing out of the way with the announcer. In fact, it was uplifting. He was colorful and entertaining. He did announce who got the basket (and sometimes in a big way) if it was a special kind of shot.

The announcer takes nothing away from the game and makes it exciting for the Cherokee fans.

I may be wrong but I did not think that the PA guy at a basketball game could announce during live ball situations.

Originally posted by Alleghany84:
I may be wrong but I did not think that the PA guy at a basketball game could announce during live ball situations.
But he is limited in what he can announce.

Originally posted by Mont1963:

I attended the Hayesville/Cherokee game on Friday night and saw nothing out of the way with the announcer. In fact, it was uplifting. He was colorful and entertaining. He did announce who got the basket (and sometimes in a big way) if it was a special kind of shot.

The announcer takes nothing away from the game and makes it exciting for the Cherokee fans.
My point exactly, before the announcing was not partial to either team. Now when Cherokee scores it is screamed and has a lot of "excitement", if it is the other team it is quietly mumbled. The announcer has become more of a cheerleader than an announcer. I just think it is a step down from the tasteful way Mr. Kinsland announced the games, in that he recognized both teams (equally) not just the home team.

That is what I was trying to get across. Let's say if all the SMC teams got a announcer that was very vibrant toward their home team. In a game that is highly competitive will the teams that currently have a lively PA announcer feel the same way when they have to hear it from the opposing teams announcer. No harm, just think it could get a liitle out of hand when the emotions of a very tight game are already high. Good luck to all as the SMC season has began.

Really you gonna complain about Cherokees announcer? I mean how many years have we listened to ... That's a wildcat first down ... Or something of that sort... I personally like everything about the environment at Cherokee. It's lively and even is topped of with a prayer from mr. Kinsland. This year has been pretty special as both teams are doing really well.. Hate all you want.

Originally posted by BravesGWY:
Really you gonna complain about Cherokees announcer? I mean how many years have we listened to ... That's a wildcat first down ... Or something of that sort... I personally like everything about the environment at Cherokee. It's lively and even is topped of with a prayer from mr. Kinsland. This year has been pretty special as both teams are doing really well.. Hate all you want.
Not hating, not complaining. I just had to apologize for defending Mr. Kinsland when I found out he was not the announcer. Did I say it needed to stop? No, I just expressed a preference for the dignified approach that Mr. Kinsland brought to the game for years. Your are right on one item , the BEST part of the announcing is the prayer from Mr. Kinsland.

you know a team is the trufe when people start complaining about their announcer and a crack in the wall at their gym ahhaahahahahahaahahahaha

Just my opinion. Like you said, everyone gets sick of the PA announcer saying 1st and 10 Bulldogs or Wildcats etc. And that's outside in a football stadium. Its 100 times worst in a gym. Not hating on any team, to each their on. Be honest though when all the teams start the same and you have too set in their gym and listen to it. Lol

The truth they are my friend. Hoping to see them for the first time on Friday. Should be a great game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT