ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Cherokee Braves SMC tournament champs!

lad0215

Aug 13, 2014
Cherokee boys rolled out on the court and were on a mission. Finally laid to rest any doubts about who the better team is.

Cherokee should have won that by 20+ points, had big leads multiple times and just let off the gas and kept letting them sneak back in it. I will say that if both teams play to their abilities cherokee wins that match up every time

Big, Big win tonight. Came out on fire. Braves played rather sloppy in final minutes. Got to do a better job of keeping composure in the big games. And they are ALL big games from here on out!

Great night to be a Brave!!!!
Brought home the hardware!!

Cherokee should have won that by 20+ points, had big leads multiple times and just let off the gas and kept letting them sneak back in it. I will say that if both teams play to their abilities cherokee wins that match up every time

Funny how some people just can't give the other team any credit. Cherokee came out and made some big plays and shots in building their lead. Then Hayesville does the same thing to close the gap and it is because Cherokee "let off the gas". Strange how both teams can't receive props for a well played game. As to the idea Cherokee would win every time, "not so fast my friend". So far all each team has done is defended their home court. The only game where the home team was close to losing was last night. It would be very interesting if they were to meet on a neutral court, too bad last night was not at Robbinsville, Murphy or another SMC school.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Hang on Recycled. We very well could meet again. Soon! And the game was every bit as close as I expected it to be. Did I feel comfortable with the huge lead in the 4th qtr. ?? NO, H*LL NO! I am very aware of what the Jackets are capable of.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
What a great game. I did feel like Cherokee made some mistakes throughout the game with big leads that let Hayesville hang around. But Hayesville showed great patience and stayed to their game and never panicked. Has to be one of the greatest SMC Championships I've ever seen. Congratulations to Cherokee

Hang on Recycled. We very well could meet again. Soon! And the game was every bit as close as I expected it to be. Did I feel comfortable with the huge lead in the 4th qtr. ?? NO, H*LL NO! I am very aware of what the Jackets are capable of.

Mont, my comment was not directed to you, but rather to braves nation. I hope both teams meet again. I think it would very entertaining again.

It was one of the best games and biggest crowds I've ever seen. Back and forth great players making big time plays. Just a great night. Give Hayesville credit they never quit and got very hot late. I'm not sure if our arena could hold any more people lol. Hopefully both will go deep in the playoffs im down to watch another one

Reactions: Tough enough 53
Yes, the best SMC Championship game that I have ever witnessed. 2 great teams battling to the bitter end. Either one capable of blowing the other out. I do hope they meet down the road, say in the Western Semi-finals!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT