ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Cherokee at South Davidson

I'm still trying to figure out what axe, bulldog is trying to grind? He gets beat out by Swain THIS YEAR, who finished 4th I believe in the SMC, but has an issue with Cherokee who beat his team out LAST YEAR? And his justification is his team hasn't lost to the team that THIS YEAR beat out the team that beat out his team LAST YEAR? I love these boards.

Reactions: lad0215
I'm still trying to figure out what axe, bulldog is trying to grind? He gets beat out by Swain THIS YEAR, who finished 4th I believe in the SMC, but has an issue with Cherokee who beat his team out LAST YEAR? And his justification is his team hasn't lost to the team that THIS YEAR beat out the team that beat out his team LAST YEAR? I love these boards.

If you would read the board they brought Alb in it I was actually supporting Cherokee in the situation they were in at SD but thanks for trying to be relevant.

LOL this year a person on here asked me about Alb and I said they were young we lost 7 players lol. Once again great job trying to be relevant.

MA was a senior led team with 5 really good shooters. I think they hit 12 3's that night. Alb that year only had 2 seniors. MA played really well.
1 I'm not the one who brought it up I know it makes you feel relevant but simply it does not. It was brought up after Cherokees loss to SD read the thread. Alb shouldn't even have been brought up you can go back where I have defended Cherokee and their coach for playing at SD. It's not an easy place to play as Cherokee found out.

The SMC is relevant. Albemarle is not. Once again how many state titles from your conference? I checked SMC 11.

The SMC is relevant. Albemarle is not. Once again how many state titles from your conference? I checked SMC 11.

How many does everyone outside of hayesville have? And that's tough for us to track because we were apart of the Rocky River conference with Monroe and north Rowan then to the YVC with NR the. To the YVC east/west to the UAC and in 2017 North Rowan will be back in conference.

I am sure bulldog will post film so we can all see his point, if he has one.

How many does everyone outside of hayesville have? And that's tough for us to track because we were apart of the Rocky River conference with Monroe and north Rowan then to the YVC with NR the. To the YVC east/west to the UAC and in 2017 North Rowan will be back in conference.

Murphy 2, Hiwassee Dam 1, Andrews 1, Cherokee 1, Hayesville 6. Also several runner up finishes.

Cherokee has a very good team. It seems that they were lead to believe that they would blow out SD. I think they were surprised and reacted poorly, trying to intimidate SD.
There was no player hit by a fan. Law enforcement watched video and confirmed that nothing like that happened.
If they would have kept composure they would have won.
Again, very talented team and I am sure they will be back in contention next year.

Are you talking about just girls basketball or overall? Because if you are talking overall state championships by conference is not something you want to get into a discussion about

Are you talking about just girls basketball or overall? Because if you are talking overall state championships by conference is not something you want to get into a discussion about

Are you not a girls basketball coach? Are we not discussing girls basketball? Do you often get confused with what you are talking about? Or is this just another ploy to change the discussion from the lack of success of your team? You even had a D-1 transfer the year Mt Airy blew you out. Do you see anyone else on here hoping to justify a loss from a while back? The simple FACTS are 1) you lost to a very good Mt Airy team at your place as a number 1 seed and 2) you lost at home to a young and improving Swain team. This may come as a shock to you but when people see you in their bracket, they are glad they got an easy road.

Well since you generalized Alb 7 state ships that I can think of. Lol come on in and look at their wall lol.

Stay on task. Girls basketball. Take your ADD meds. If you want to compare walls In other sports the SMC could easily top that. For example I think Robbinsville has 13 just in football, but that is off the subject. Let's get back to girls basketball.

Are you not a girls basketball coach? Are we not discussing girls basketball? Do you often get confused with what you are talking about? Or is this just another ploy to change the discussion from the lack of success of your team? You even had a D-1 transfer the year Mt Airy blew you out. Do you see anyone else on here hoping to justify a loss from a while back? The simple FACTS are 1) you lost to a very good Mt Airy team at your place as a number 1 seed and 2) you lost at home to a young and improving Swain team. This may come as a shock to you but when people see you in their bracket, they are glad they got an easy road.

Ok let's break down facts here in your attempt to be relevant. The girl you are referring to is d2 and at Wingate last year was a different girl who transferred here due to a split and she has family here. Look at her stats once again from anson to here #32.

This year we lost 7 players up and down all season. Which happens with a young team that doesn't get a ringer in from MS reservation.

Easy lol yeah look at the wins through the playoffs we have had a few. Once again you are trashing kids and their accomplishments to make you feel relevant. 4 and 5 yrs ago they were a combined 15 and 32 in the last 3 55-24 also a conf ship first one since 89 2 conf tourney ships sectional ship 3x team scholar award. Of the 9 seniors who graduated all 9 in college whether academically or athletically.

Like I said don't trash what these kids have accomplished in order to make yourself feel relevant. You ever coached? if so we can compare credentials.

Understand we are in very different schools we don't have kids that can pay 1000-1200 dollars to make sure they can play HS ball. This has been a football school. And a very successful one. This is all new to the girls and still learning a lot. We played 4 freshmen this year 2 were not available vs swain due to the virus even that said we didn't play well our youth showed. The new girls for swain gave us some matchup problems. By the way she will be a special special player.

So once again And I realize this makes you feel good and almost relevant but don't trash the growth of the Alb program to make yourselves feel relevant.

Alb wasn't even in the conversation this is about the game vs SD that Cherokee lost. Keep it there but don't mess with the alb program that's crazy. keep in mind also the two girls you are referring to were only here a year before graduating. That makes a big difference.

So let's see. What I hear is that you have had some limited success, but it is due to two quality TRANFERS. Yet you trash Cherokee for getting one transfer and the NW for their open boundary schools. Is it just me or does seem a little odd?

Reactions: BraveNation15
Additionally didn't Cherokee get in a 20pt game scorer for both guys and girls from MS?
People still stuck on this bs like we recruit. Please. Kids transfer schools every year but nobody wants to Bitch about it until they are losing to them. And get your facts straight. King averaged about 16 a game and Day is always around 18. Smh

Reactions: BravesNation
So let's see. What I hear is that you have had some limited success, but it is due to two quality TRANFERS. Yet you trash Cherokee for getting one transfer and the NW for their open boundary schools. Is it just me or does seem a little odd?

You can't be that dumb? Branch was not a transfer she was a senior in the first year.

I didn't trash Cherokee never have. Didn't know stating what the policy is in the NW paying 1000-1200 per year to play summer ball as a requirement to play for their HS was trashing them.

Once again keep trying to be relevant. I am proud of this program for all they have accomplished despite adversities that not many schools have to deal with.

I never have nor will I ever trash another program. In fact I would love to see HD win it this year I think they can.

So get over yourself unless you come down and see these kids and the challenges they face daily don't trash this program. They have worked hard to accomplish what they have. The future is bright for them.

People still stuck on this bs like we recruit. Please. Kids transfer schools every year but nobody wants to Bitch about it until they are losing to them. And get your facts straight. King averaged about 16 a game and Day is always around 18. Smh

I'm not saying nothing about Cherokee I just said they got a good transfer in from MS is that true or false?

I know, funny is it not. You get 2 "ringers", he gets 2 kids that go on to play college ball and it is totally different.

I know, funny is it not. You get 2 "ringers", he gets 2 kids that go on to play college ball and it is totally different.

They got two? I only knew about 1. And what 2 are you referring to? Branch was born and raised here robinson moved with family after split who live here lol. Apparently you are more clueless than I thought.

Good luck to all teams remaining especially HD. NW keep up the good work would love to see that 1.5 instituted. Cherokee keep working hard good group of young girls once again SD is a tough place to play.

You can't be that dumb? Branch was not a transfer she was a senior in the first year.

I didn't trash Cherokee never have. Didn't know stating what the policy is in the NW paying 1000-1200 per year to play summer ball as a requirement to play for their HS was trashing them.

Once again keep trying to be relevant. I am proud of this program for all they have accomplished despite adversities that not many schools have to deal with.

I never have nor will I ever trash another program. In fact I would love to see HD win it this year I think they can.

So get over yourself unless you come down and see these kids and the challenges they face daily don't trash this program. They have worked hard to accomplish what they have. The future is bright for them.

Sorry, didn't know about Branch, but then again I only follow the better programs. My apologies.

You want to tell how much they have improved with you there, are you the focus? When your team loses you state the kids played bad, "worst game of the year". Why do you place the blame on them? Perhaps it was poor preparation? Are you trying to make yourself relevant? Here is a rule we have had in our program for years: Players win, coaches lose. Don't be so DUMB as to continual blame your players.

You want to tell how much they have improved with you there, are you the focus? When your team loses you state the kids played bad, "worst game of the year". Why do you place the blame on them? Perhaps it was poor preparation? Are you trying to make yourself relevant? Here is a rule we have had in our program for years: Players win, coaches lose. Don't be so DUMB as to continual blame your players.

Nope don't blame them they didn't know giving blood would have the effect it did on them. They learned didn't happen again.

Sir for the fact you even said that shows you don't know my accomplishments or what I have done in my 11yrs. I am very proud of my program and what they have accomplished for you attacking Alb program shows that they are coming along. So thank you. Alb wasn't and should not have been in this convo but you all wanted to throw them into it.

I believe the one here that has nothing to show would be you sir. Good day. See you next year. ;)

Nope don't blame them they didn't know giving blood would have the effect it did on them. They learned didn't happen again.

Sir for the fact you even said that shows you don't know my accomplishments or what I have done in my 11yrs. I am very proud of my program and what they have accomplished for you attacking Alb program shows that they are coming along. So thank you. Alb wasn't and should not have been in this convo but you all wanted to throw them into it.

I believe the one here that has nothing to show would be you sir. Good day. See you next year. ;)

I am so very glad you are proud of "your" accomplishments. I do have a collection of State rings, however I didn't win them. My players were responsible for that. No coach wins a title, they just help players in their journey. Maybe your belief that it is about you is what is holding your players back. It seems as if you have had a lot of talent to not have a victory over any of the premier conferences. In my case it may be good kids overcome bad coaching. For you it maybe good kids are held back by bad coaching.

Wow what a thread .I leave for several hours haha . Cherokee is not a dirty team you can ask any team that has played them over several years. I only heard about the game but I've watched many a playoff game and never heard anything but compliments. Interesting how SD has a reputation for doing everything U accuse cherokee of. But it's cherokee fault and they are bullies have u seen how small these girls are lol. They play hard and are decent bball players that you find on any d1 coaches list but they make regionals almost every year. Congrats to the girls on a great year and 8 of top 11 are fesh and Soph so they will be back in sure. I will not get into the trash I've heard about but I do know our coach called the cops cause a player got hit by a fan just a few minutes after a fan ran on the court to yell at a ref.

You said they got 2 ringers
I am so very glad you are proud of "your" accomplishments. I do have a collection of State rings, however I didn't win them. My players were responsible for that. No coach wins a title, they just help players in their journey. Maybe your belief that it is about you is what is holding your players back. It seems as if you have had a lot of talent to not have a victory over any of the premier conferences. In my case it may be good kids overcome bad coaching. For you it maybe good kids are held back by bad coaching.

"what they have accomplished" Do you not know how to read or just can't comprehend? Bless your heart. LOL

Wow what a thread .I leave for several hours haha . Cherokee is not a dirty team you can ask any team that has played them over several years. I only heard about the game but I've watched many a playoff game and never heard anything but compliments. Interesting how SD has a reputation for doing everything U accuse cherokee of. But it's cherokee fault and they are bullies have u seen how small these girls are lol. They play hard and are decent bball players that you find on any d1 coaches list but they make regionals almost every year. Congrats to the girls on a great year and 8 of top 11 are fesh and Soph so they will be back in sure. I will not get into the trash I've heard about but I do know our coach called the cops cause a player got hit by a fan just a few minutes after a fan ran on the court to yell at a ref.

SD is not a dirty team as far as the kids go. They play hard just like Cherokee kids do. The issues I know of and have been told about pretty much happen at their gym and by their fans. However when they go on the road we have had no issues to my knowledge.

One of our coaches used their locker room and on the board it said beat them up !!!! Take it for what it's worth. Our kids have played in regionals for 5 straight years and never a dirty game thread. I don't think they change with out being provoked. I also heard their fans dressed in red white and blue and proclaimed it Columbus day. They better be glad the cherokee fans had to split or that would of gotten ugly .

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
You said they got 2 ringers

"what they have accomplished" Do you not know how to read or just can't comprehend? Bless your heart. LOL

Nope, I can read and comprehend. Sadly I don't believe you can. If you will try to read your original post you start with "you don't know what I have done". You started about you and your program, no mention of the players. "What they have accomplished" came latter. Maybe someday you will learn it is not about your accomplishments. Feel free to correct this "dumb" coach if you did not start with it being about you. My evidence is in your posts. Coaches do not have to win championships to be excellent coaches. Those that build relationships and place others BEFORE themselves are true champions. From the evidence you have provided you have failed on all accounts.

Reactions: Girls -BBall Fan
Haha.
Facts from non bias standpoint:
2 good teams that played hard.
NO fan hit a player.
Cherokee was aggressive with talking and actions.
It was a hard fought game and tough for anyone to lose.

Reactions: SDfan84
I can vouch for the red white and blue Columbus shit. As well as their cute little Indian mocking calls. And their players played dirty. Had the Brave boys not been playing and a big Cherokee crowd had been there things may have gotten ugly due that racist bs. I hope to God they have to go to Cherokee next year. One of the most classless displays Ive ever seen. And fwiw, the female ref should have been wearing a Columbus shirt. She was terrified of those SD fans.

Didn't interpret anything as racist.
I think fans from both sides felt officiating was bad . In reality they handled a tough game well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT