ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Cherokee at South Davidson

You have got to be kidding me. The taunts before, during, and after the game. The racist comments as well as wearing the red white and blue Christopher Columbus crap. Dude you just dont want to see and are turning a blind eye. Thats ok. Some of us wont I can promise you that brother. Officiating was terrible. Mainly towards Cherokee though SD had some bad ones against them. The female official destroyed Cherokee in the opening half especially the 1st quarter. I mean seriously double bonus just over half of the 1st quarter. And King, ive never felt so bad for a young lady in my life. Her last game and she was basically removed from it due to horrendous officiating.

Oh yes, SD players did no talking right

Last edited:
If you would read the board they brought Alb in it I was actually supporting Cherokee in the situation they were in at SD but thanks for trying to be relevant.

LOL this year a person on here asked me about Alb and I said they were young we lost 7 players lol. Once again great job trying to be relevant.

Trying to be relevant? Relevant for what? Do you even know what that word means? You are apparently using the wrong context, aren't you? You are the BK of the basketball boards. Congratulations.

You have got to be kidding me. The taunts before, during, and after the game. The racist comments as well as wearing the red white and blue Christopher Columbus crap. Dude you just dont want to see and are turning a blind eye. Thats ok. Some of us wont I can promise you that brother. Officiating was terrible. Mainly towards Cherokee though SD had some bad ones against them. The female official destroyed Cherokee in the opening half especially the 1st quarter. I mean seriously double bonus just over half of the 1st quarter. And King, ive never felt so bad for a young lady in my life. Her last game and she was basically removed from it due to horrendous officiating.

That's terrible and uncalled for. I was not there but based off of what was said that is ridiculous. Terrible for that team, coach and fans. Smh

So you are denying it? Come on man up brother. I just would like to know where you were sitting where you possibly could not have seen and heard all these things going on.

Trying to be relevant? Relevant for what? Do you even know what that word means? You are apparently using the wrong context, aren't you? You are the BK of the basketball boards. Congratulations.

Do you even know what you are talking about??? Or just jumping in? LOL I am done with this conversation if you or recycled would like to come on down to Alb for a grown up conversation instead of being online tough guys come on down. Otherwise nobody was smashing or talking negatively about any programs until Alb was thrown into something they had nothing to do with.

My offer stands bring the big SMC on down it would be fun and a great time come on bragging rights on the line. Offer is there.

Have a great day.

I was at the game, too. What racial taunting was going on? I did hear your fans boo our player introductions. The incident with the student who was accused of accosting a player was viewed on video and found not to be true. Our fan base is large and loud. Our girls are well coached and poised. They played a well prepared Cherokee team and won. It hurts to lose... But don't tear down the character of a community and especially a great team of young and talented players because you can't accept that, in the end, you were outplayed.

Do you even know what you are talking about??? Or just jumping in? LOL I am done with this conversation if you or recycled would like to come on down to Alb for a grown up conversation instead of being online tough guys come on down. Otherwise nobody was smashing or talking negatively about any programs until Alb was thrown into something they had nothing to do with.

My offer stands bring the big SMC on down it would be fun and a great time come on bragging rights on the line. Offer is there.

Have a great day.

Just simply pointing out your mindless rants and arguments that have no basis in rational thought. You keep challenging the SMC and you have been beat out two years in a row by SMC schools.

And hate to break it to you but you are the one being an Internet tough guy. None of mine or recycle's comments were threatening, but simply contradicted yours and put holes in your posts. Nothing to get mad about and resort to grade school playground challenges. And to your requests at coming down to Albermarle? No one wants to go there. Heck even the people that live there don't want to be there for the most part. Isn't your school closing because no one wants to go there anymore? Maybe you will get another shot at an SMC school before that closure happens though.

Don't pay me any mind. It's just me trying to stay "relevant". Still trying to figure what you were meaning there though. Good day...

Just simply pointing out your mindless rants and arguments that have no basis in rational thought. You keep challenging the SMC and you have been beat out two years in a row by SMC schools.

And hate to break it to you but you are the one being an Internet tough guy. None of mine or recycle's comments were threatening, but simply contradicted yours and put holes in your posts. Nothing to get mad about and resort to grade school playground challenges. And to your requests at coming down to Albermarle? No one wants to go there. Heck even the people that live there don't want to be there for the most part. Isn't your school closing because no one wants to go there anymore? Maybe you will get another shot at an SMC school before that closure happens though.

Don't pay me any mind. It's just me trying to stay "relevant". Still trying to figure what you were meaning there though. Good day...[/QUOTE/]

Just shows you don't know what you are talking about. if you read all my posts I have been supportive of Cherokee and their game against SD. The only one throwing stones is you and recycled. You all want to trash a program that kids have worked hard for to be more relevant smh.

All I said is if your conference is so much better let's make a conference matchup amongst teams happen. Let's see what happens. I am sure I can get a college court and buy in from other conference teams. Could go top 4 vs too 4 one day 4 games.

When did anyone ever throw stones? When did I ever trash on your program? If I was going to do that I would have gone beyond simply mentioning that you keep saying you want an SMC challenge when we have put you out two years in a row. That isn't trashing on them. I could careless about Albemarle Girl's basketball.

Do you own stock in the word "relevant"? You like to use it in almost every one of your posts.

Settle down. Take a breath. Everything will be ok.

When did anyone ever throw stones? When did I ever trash on your program? If I was going to do that I would have gone beyond simply mentioning that you keep saying you want an SMC challenge when we have put you out two years in a row. That isn't trashing on them. I could careless about Albemarle Girl's basketball.

Do you own stock in the word "relevant"? You like to use it in almost every one of your posts.

Settle down. Take a breath. Everything will be ok.
Maybe a Christmas tournament could be worked out

No bias, really, now that's the joke of the night.. Our girls got cheated big time.. Cherokee was in the double bonus in the first 3-4 minutes of the first quarter.. The refs would call it one way and the the fans and students section was start screaming and the refs would change the call.. I've never seen refs change so many calls to satisfy the people.. And also one of our freshman girls got hit and cussed by a big man or boy in the student section and nothing was done to him.. They talked to him and let him return to the game... Some of our girls have never witnessed prejudice before tonight.. It was awful... And through it all the Lady Braves had class
The Game is on video. BOTH teams were in the double bonus in the first half - SD had several shooting fouls early in the first quarter. Lots of hacking by your point guard. I hate she got into foul trouble- and especially the technical foul - that really hurt you guys. The foul count at half was SD- 12 CHS-15... As far as "changed calls"...The only changed calls were out of bounds and a possession arrow from a held ball. Your freshman girl was not "cussed by a big man" in the student section (I have also seen posts saying he accosted her, hit her, etc.) - again, the games at SDHS are video taped- he never touched her, nor said anything to her...Your team was outplayed and out-coached by another very young but talented girls from SD. The "prejudice" you speak of is fictional, but I'm sure it helps you guys justify why you feel you lost. And as far as class- Your coach refusing to shake hands and your team walking out was far from it. It is a shame that great competition is evolving into such an ugly thread. I was amazed at the competitive effort by BOTH teams. I was also appalled by some of the actions of BOTH sets of fans. Reality is a buzzkill when you lose a game like that, but reality can be a great lesson for a stronger next season. Fictional excuses and diatribe against the winning team is detrimental to learning valuable life lessons! Best of luck in the next season.

Cherokee has a tourney every year come on down. And as far as the girks not shaking hands. They stood there and waited but the rushing of the court by your fans did not allow. I have been told we lined up and waited then when it was apparent after all things that happened earlier which U say DIDNT thst the coach chose wisely to get the girls off the floor. I don't blame him one bit. Like I said our girls have been there year after year and atent a one trick pony and have never had a problem like this before. But according to bulldog this is par for the course from SD

Reactions: lad0215
The Game is on video. BOTH teams were in the double bonus in the first half - SD had several shooting fouls early in the first quarter. Lots of hacking by your point guard. I hate she got into foul trouble- and especially the technical foul - that really hurt you guys. The foul count at half was SD- 12 CHS-15... As far as "changed calls"...The only changed calls were out of bounds and a possession arrow from a held ball. Your freshman girl was not "cussed by a big man" in the student section (I have also seen posts saying he accosted her, hit her, etc.) - again, the games at SDHS are video taped- he never touched her, nor said anything to her...Your team was outplayed and out-coached by another very young but talented girls from SD. The "prejudice" you speak of is fictional, but I'm sure it helps you guys justify why you feel you lost. And as far as class- Your coach refusing to shake hands and your team walking out was far from it. It is a shame that great competition is evolving into such an ugly thread. I was amazed at the competitive effort by BOTH teams. I was also appalled by some of the actions of BOTH sets of fans. Reality is a buzzkill when you lose a game like that, but reality can be a great lesson for a stronger next season. Fictional excuses and diatribe against the winning team is detrimental to learning valuable life lessons! Best of luck in the next season.
whatever makes u sleep better...

Reactions: lad0215
Cherokee had one every year come on down. And as far as the girks not shaking hands. They stood there and waited but the rushing of the court by your fans did not allow. I have been told we lined up and waited then when it was apparent after all things that happened earlier which U say DIDNT thst the coach chose wisely to get the girls off the floor. I don't blame him one bit. Like I said our girls have been there year after year and atent a one trick pony and have never had a problem like this before. But according to bulldog this is par for the course from SD

In Cherokee coaches defense anytime fans rush the court in a game like that your first priority is the kids safety and you are to get them off the floor. Like I said I was not there but the moment fans hit the floor protocol is to get your kids off the floor to be on the safe side.

Reactions: gal durnit
Cherokee has a tourney every year come on down. And as far as the girks not shaking hands. They stood there and waited but the rushing of the court by your fans did not allow. I have been told we lined up and waited then when it was apparent after all things that happened earlier which U say DIDNT thst the coach chose wisely to get the girls off the floor. I don't blame him one bit. Like I said our girls have been there year after year and atent a one trick pony and have never had a problem like this before. But according to bulldog this is par for the course from SD
Thank u, they did line up and wait but they were to busy I guess on the other side

You are full of bleep. Act as if it didnt happen and you are a liar especially the racial stuff and officiating. I will agree with one thing in that i dont think the Cherokee player was hit especially by a man. It was in front of the student section and there were some big guys there. I think she was stood over and taunted more than anything.

You are full of bleep. Act as if it didnt happen and you are a liar especially the racial stuff and officiating. I will agree with one thing in that i dont think the Cherokee player was hit especially by a man. It was in front of the student section and there were some big guys there. I think she was stood over and taunted more than anything.[/QUOTE
It was a big guy in the student section and he hit her with his forearm and called her a a/hole.... I know it's unbelievable, but true... And it's sad that I had to explain to my daughter ( in 2016 ) why people hate u for ur race....

You are full of bleep. Act as if it didnt happen and you are a liar especially the racial stuff and officiating. I will agree with one thing in that i dont think the Cherokee player was hit especially by a man. It was in front of the student section and there were some big guys there. I think she was stood over and taunted more than anything.
I have seen posts that keep saying racist this and that...Do we have racists in Davidson County? Yes. And some may have been at the game (wish they would wear a sign) Are there racists among the fans of Cherokee? Probably. (they didn't wear a sign either.) But you are crossing into the line of character when you stop generalities and start calling people liars. Sometimes we see through our own lenses. If my team's fans offended you in any way - I will apologize on their behalf. I bet we could sit down and have a great meal together as we reflect on life and basketball - but until that opportunity arises - this game is over.

So basically you are still denying. If Jewish people were at the game for a team and your fans wore Hitler shirts and swastikas its ok right. Or WS Prep with predominantly black players were coming there tomorrow night and your fans wore KKK things thats ok. Just other teams fan looking through their lenses right?. The Genocide of Columbus was no different than Hitler. It was just here on this land. And for you to sweep it under the rug and brush it aside is a joke. That is no lie.

Reactions: Shelbylou14
I have seen posts that keep saying racist this and that...Do we have racists in Davidson County? Yes. And some may have been at the game (wish they would wear a sign) Are there racists among the fans of Cherokee? Probably. (they didn't wear a sign either.) But you are crossing into the line of character when you stop generalities and start calling people liars. Sometimes we see through our own lenses. If my team's fans offended you in any way - I will apologize on their behalf. I bet we could sit down and have a great meal together as we reflect on life and basketball - but until that opportunity arises - this game is over.
They did wear the sign, for Christopher Columbus remember

Reactions: Griddie

Have a great day.

Very professional on your part. To clarify a few things, this started with your statement that your loss to Cherokee was an upset. You basicly acused Cherokee of recruiting their transfer from Mississippi (despite the fact you have had players transfer in). You are the first to try to be a bully using the dumb word. You were the one that blames your players. As Gal said we only pointed out your flaws in logic. For example you want the SMC to come on down, they have for the last two years. How did that work out? I have even shared part of our philosophy with you, apparently to no avail.

Reactions: gal durnit
Very professional on your part. To clarify a few things, this started with your statement that your loss to Cherokee was an upset. You basicly acused Cherokee of recruiting their transfer from Mississippi (despite the fact you have had players transfer in). You are the first to try to be a bully using the dumb word. You were the one that blames your players. As Gal said we only pointed out your flaws in logic. For example you want the SMC to come on down, they have for the last two years. How did that work out? I have even shared part of our philosophy with you, apparently to no avail.

You and Gal need to hug it out. I am sure with all you do in schools and all of the years of coaching you have a great understanding of the game and what it takes. Why don't you too call each other up think about some other great things to say and then come back and try again. You all must be very very miserable because with the brave fans on here I have not had an issue at all it has been pretty much you and gal. Which shows you all like drama and just might need a hug or quite miserable with your own lives that this gets a rise for you. Whatever the case may be I don't honestly care. I enjoy talking to the true fans on here that loves the game and variety of different programs we have in the state. Just an fyi if you look back Alb was thrown into it before then. I was discussing with other posters what happened at SD, that was it.

You two have a good day and enjoy your hugs.... LOL

You and Gal need to hug it out. I am sure with all you do in schools and all of the years of coaching you have a great understanding of the game and what it takes. Why don't you too call each other up think about some other great things to say and then come back and try again. You all must be very very miserable because with the brave fans on here I have not had an issue at all it has been pretty much you and gal. Which shows you all like drama and just might need a hug or quite miserable with your own lives that this gets a rise for you. Whatever the case may be I don't honestly care. I enjoy talking to the true fans on here that loves the game and variety of different programs we have in the state. Just an fyi if you look back Alb was thrown into it before then. I was discussing with other posters what happened at SD, that was it.

You two have a good day and enjoy your hugs.... LOL

Maybe down there you guys hug it out a lot. I am not really into hugging other guys(never tried it) but you seem to have a real understanding of what's involved. You must be very experienced at it. It never even crossed my mind. Once again you are sadly mistaken, some Cherokee fans did take exception to your questioning their move ins. You sound very upset, can you not find some guy to share a hug with? No I am not into drama. I just don't like inaccurate statements from a self-centered wannabe that doesn't accept reality.

Last edited:
Maybe down there you guys hug it out a lot. I am not really into hugging other guys(never tried it) but you seem to have a real understanding of what's involved. You must be very experienced at it. It never even crossed my mind. Once again you are sadly mistaken, some Cherokee fans did take exception to your questioning their move ins. You sound very upset, can you not find some guy to share a hug with? No I am not into drama. I just don't like inaccurate statements from a self-centered wannabe that doesn't accept reality.

Very good keep going you will feel much better. Get all of it out lol.

I know you like. We had good discussions of that issue in stands the other day.

Seems to always be topic of discussion in many stands. Wish we had a few of those studs coming up the next few years. They are fun to watch on the court and on the gridiron. I think they are going to make a big leap this Fall.

Braves gonna make a big leap on the gridiron. Devils will be solid as usual. Basketball in the SMC should be very good as well.

Cherokee fans will probably find the W-S Journal story on Prep's demolition of South Davidson amusing...

“I didn’t like how physical the game got,” coach Kim Frizzell of South Davidson said. “And I think the refs — I’m not a complainer, but I will say that was not a basketball game in that first quarter and maybe even parts of the second.”

Just read that Dave and got quite a chuckle. Top teams in the NW1A and the SMC are used to playing playoff caliber tough grind it out basketball every time out. Great friend of mine was at the game and he texted me, when the score was 16-0 at the end of first quarter, and wondered if SD expected to get a free pass like they did against Cherokee. 33 point blowout was misleading, much worse than that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT