ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Cherokee at South Davidson

Cherokee is 1-1 happened to lose to SD who hasn't beaten Alb in atleast 3 yrs lol. That was last year and both teams are young right now I have a feeling they will meet again.

But ask around to anybody that had seen alb play last year against Cherokee and see what they say. That was easily the worst game they played all year.

Funny alb. Always plays their worst game of the year in the playoffs. The game was really closer than expected.

Reactions: atucker2
Funny alb. Always plays their worst game of the year in the playoffs. The game was really closer than expected.

LOL really? Guess you didn't see the 30,26, and 18pt wins on the way to the regional semi's last year?

A lot closer than expected and Alb played its worst game of the season lol.

Move on Cherokee didnt route Alb. Alb didn't play well at all in fact played their worst game of the season it happens. Cherokee did what they were suppose to and won like you should at that stage. Give them credit but don't discredit Alb and their program for the accomplishments they have had and will continue to have. Alb will play anybody at anytime they have proven that. They are building their program. Considering where they were 4 and 5 years ago you would say they are on the right track.

This year was expected as they lost 7players. Still an accomplishment with the young and inexperienced kids fighting through a tough schedule like they did. They have a lot to look forward to.

Does the NCHSAA not have millions. Why the need for donors and sponsors. The Asheville Civic center would be great. If not find a 4A school in Asheville that would do it. It's the 1A regionals so a large HS gymnasium should be sufficient. Just my opinion. Thank you

I think Hickory was the perfect location for the west regional. Asheville is centrally located for 1A, but the other classes shift a little further east. Only problem is the biggest gym in the area, Lenoir-Rhyne, seats only 3200, which could be too small for bigger classes.

If it were in Asheville, the Justice Center at UNCA (3500) would be good for 1A and 2A, and the Civic Center (7,500) could hold all you would need for 3A and 4A.

I think Hickory was the perfect location for the west regional. Asheville is centrally located for 1A, but the other classes shift a little further east. Only problem is the biggest gym in the area, Lenoir-Rhyne, seats only 3200, which could be too small for bigger classes.

If it were in Asheville, the Justice Center at UNCA (3500) would be good for 1A and 2A, and the Civic Center (7,500) could hold all you would need for 3A and 4A.

The Justice Center is an AWFUL venue. Kimmell would be much better.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
LOL really? Guess you didn't see the 30,26, and 18pt wins on the way to the regional semi's last year?

Move on Cherokee didnt route Alb. Alb didn't play well at all in fact played their worst game of the season it happens. Cherokee did what they were suppose to and won like you should at that stage. Give them credit but don't discredit Alb and their program for the accomplishments they have had and will continue to have. Alb will play anybody at anytime they have proven that. They are building their program. Considering where they were 4 and 5 years ago you would say they are on the right track.

This year was expected as they lost 7players. Still an accomplishment with the young and inexperienced kids fighting through a tough schedule like they did. They have a lot to look forward to.

Umm...who's the one that needs to move on? Your team lost, handily. Remember? And yet, here you are, a year later, still going on about it pretending like Cherokee wasn't the better team.

If I didn't know you were on the coaching staff, I'd swear this was some kind of gimmick.

Umm...who's the one that needs to move on? Your team lost, handily. Remember? And yet, here you are, a year later, still going on about it pretending like Cherokee wasn't the better team.

If I didn't know you were on the coaching staff, I'd swear this was some kind of gimmick.

I was at the game and a supporter of neither. I have been to thousands of games and Cherokee is the dirtiest team I have seen in a long time. Lots of cheap shots. Could have been a ton more fouls called on them. Overall, the officials did a good job of keeing things under control. Cherokee tried to bully their way to a win and it did not work. SD girls kept their composure.
#3 for Cherokee and #14 for South had big time games.

Respect is earned not given. The NW 1A is the best in girls BB, followed by the SMC. Please list your wins over any of those conference's teams. If you have any I bet they were against teams that finished 5th or lower. As to the loss of seven players, Cherokee lost 3 that went on to play on the next level and several others. They don't try to justify there program they (like the NW 1A and SMC) just go play. Has Albemarle not had two D-1 recruits in two years with no major wins to show for it?

Reactions: lad0215

I'm not the one who brought Albemarle up lol read the posts.

The Justice Center is an AWFUL venue. Kimmell would be much better.

I meant Kimmel, just wasn't thinking and typed Justice. Still stuck in the past I guess. I don't even know if Justice would be better than a high school gym.

Last edited:
Respect is earned not given. The NW 1A is the best in girls BB, followed by the SMC. Please list your wins over any of those conference's teams. If you have any I bet they were against teams that finished 5th or lower. As to the loss of seven players, Cherokee lost 3 that went on to play on the next level and several others. They don't try to justify there program they (like the NW 1A and SMC) just go play. Has Albemarle not had two D-1 recruits in two years with no major wins to show for it?

Bring the top SMC down and we will run our top 1a from this area and see what happens. The one team that has overly impressed me and I have been very complimentary of is HD they are one heck of a team.

NW is the top conference 1a right now but they also have the biggest draw right now as well. Don't get me started on that.

One is playing d2 and the other is playing at uncc but they weren't on the same team either.

I was at the game and a supporter of neither. I have been to thousands of games and Cherokee is the dirtiest team I have seen in a long time. Lots of cheap shots. Could have been a ton more fouls called on them. Overall, the officials did a good job of keeing things under control. Cherokee tried to bully their way to a win and it did not work. SD girls kept their composure.
#3 for Cherokee and #14 for South had big time games.

#14 for SD is a good solid player. I can't remember if she is a junior or senior this year but has been solid since her Freshman year.

Additionally didn't Cherokee get in a 20pt game scorer for both guys and girls from MS?

Dude you must have watched a different game. A Cherokee girl gets basically acosted out of bounds by some big guy. Nothing done. The female official was so scared of the screaming South Davidson fans that she almost fouled out all the Cherokee starters - 5 minutes into the game. King basically did not get to play and should have stayed home. SD girls of course got away with shoving, mouthing off. Cherokee girls no. At the end of the game cherokee was down by two and a guard was knocked completely down and the ball goes out of bounds. No call. SD brings it down. Their guard gets caught at the midline. Falls out of bounds. Isnt touched. Foul called. It really was unreal. Then the classless chants by the SD students and some fans while the SD AD and ect just standing by and watxhing. Of course the sheriffs were over glaring at the Cherokee fans who were in the corner not doing a thing but waiting for the team to come out. Anyone that knows SD would not be surprised though.

Dude you must have watched a different game. A Cherokee girl gets basically acosted out of bounds by some big guy. Nothing done. The female official was so scared of the screaming South Davidson fans that she almost fouled out all the Cherokee starters - 5 minutes into the game. King basically did not get to play and should have stayed home. SD girls of course got away with shoving, mouthing off. Cherokee girls no. At the end of the game cherokee was down by two and a guard was knocked completely down and the ball goes out of bounds. No call. SD brings it down. Their guard gets caught at the midline. Falls out of bounds. Isnt touched. Foul called. It really was unreal. Then the classless chants by the SD students and some fans while the SD AD and ect just standing by and watxhing. Of course the sheriffs were over glaring at the Cherokee fans who were in the corner not doing a thing but waiting for the team to come out. Anyone that knows SD would not be surprised though.

I don't know who you were referring to but that statement was made in favor of the Cherokee coach. A previous poster stated one of the girls for Cherokee was hit or something and I was just saying that if at that point is when the sheriff came out to talk to Cherokees coach that is fully understandable. The Cherokee coach was fully within his duties to protect his kids. No reason at all in that mess. There numerous teams who have dropped SD because of situations like that.

Thats a good question. Why did he come talk to the Cherokee coach? Apologizing for his not doing anything about what happened to the Cherokee player on the sideline probably

Reactions: Shelbylou14
Thats a good question. Why did he come talk to the Cherokee coach? Apologizing for his not doing anything about what happened to the Cherokee player on the sideline probably

I'm not sure but he would have been fully within his rights to cause a scene lol. I wasn't there to see it but if in fact that happened there are not too many coaches I know that wouldn't have caused a scene.

There are good SDfans out there as well typically the issues arise when you play at their gym when they would travel to our gym no issues at all.

I was not referring to you. And I totally agree. For years Albemarle in the old YVC was run down for no class yet no one had trouble with them. You never hear about SD yet they seem to be a common theme.

Additionally didn't Cherokee get in a 20pt game scorer for both guys and girls from MS?

Bring the top SMC down and we will run our top 1a from this area and see what happens. The one team that has overly impressed me and I have been very complimentary of is HD they are one heck of a team.

NW is the top conference 1a right now but they also have the biggest draw right now as well. Don't get me started on that.

One is playing d2 and the other is playing at uncc but they weren't on the same team either.

Still waiting on that list of wins vs a decent NW 1A or SMC team. Perhaps any Albemarle team win against any team from those conferences.

Wow, Cherokee has 2, 20 point middle school scorers? It is called player development.

NW draw? I assume you mean where they get players. That is accurate, but was not your D-1 kid a transfer? How big is your drawing area?

Looking forward to that list.

Still waiting on that list of wins vs a decent NW 1A or SMC team. Perhaps any Albemarle team win against any team from those conferences.

Wow, Cherokee has 2, 20 point middle school scorers? It is called player development.

NW draw? I assume you mean where they get players. That is accurate, but was not your D-1 kid a transfer? How big is your drawing area?

Looking forward to that list.

Player development when you get a 20pt a game scorer from a reservation in MS? That your coach has ties too?

Additionally why don't you look at that player who transferred here from Anson after parents split and has family here. Look at what she did at Anson compared to Alb. Player development look at years 4&5 ago to the last 3. If both players played for Alb the same year it would have been fun.

I told you bring the SMC down we will do top teams vs top teams and see how it works out.

And FYI you can't ride the coat tails of the NW. as far as the SMC we have only played Cherokee and Swain.

Like I said the only dominate team I have seen is HD in which I was overly impressed with.

Player development when you get a 20pt a game scorer from a reservation in MS? That your coach has ties too?

Additionally why don't you look at that player who transferred here from Anson after parents split and has family here. Look at what she did at Anson compared to Alb. Player development look at years 4&5 ago to the last 3. If both players played for Alb the same year it would have been fun.

I told you bring the SMC down we will do top teams vs top teams and see how it works out.

And FYI you can't ride the coat tails of the NW. as far as the SMC we have only played Cherokee and Swain.

Like I said the only dominate team I have seen is HD in which I was overly impressed with.

Watcher, don't waste your time on this guy. He doesn't see the same game the rest of us do. I am from Hayesville, a couple of years ago they played Albemarle in a camp game. Jackets won by 15 or so. Due to injuries HHS only had 5 players most of the game. Led by 30+ at times. Played the jvs the last quarter when they arrived from another game. All bulldog could say was his players were "cramping" despite the fact they had subs and had played one less game that day. Every wonders what game he saw last year when they played Cherokee. Just overlook him.

Bulldog, I believe that the SMC and NW each have 10 state champions each. How about your conference?

Reactions: atucker2
Recycled were you at the camp? Alb led the entire game until the end and HHS won by 9 lmao

I said bring your best down we will go top teams vs top teams. Hey Alb hasn't lost to SD even at their gym in over 3yrs LOL come on down.

And Alb played one more game than HHS that day and Hayesville was there 3rd game that day hayesville 2nd Jv game Alb won easily.

Recycled were you at the camp? Alb led the entire game until the end and HHS won by 9 lmao

I said bring your best down we will go top teams vs top teams. Hey Alb hasn't lost to SD even at their gym in over 3yrs LOL come on down.

And Alb played one more game than HHS that day and Hayesville was there 3rd game that day hayesville 2nd Jv game Alb won easily.

Came out wrong that day when hayesville and Alb played. Albemarle had already played 2 games that was their 3rd and that was HHS 2nd game. Albemarle had just finished playing and beating 3a sun valley when they played HHS.

So your list includes 2 losses to the SMC and I am sure several blowouts to the NW 1A. Your big reply is "If"...... Deal in facts, you have no wins vs either conferences. Griddie was right you do watch a different game.

Don't have to send anyone down our third place team, with no seniors, took you out this year. In all honesty this was a down year for the SMC and they still sent you guys home.

Reactions: gal durnit
So your list includes 2 losses to the SMC and I am sure several blowouts to the NW 1A. Your big reply is "If"...... Deal in facts, you have no wins vs either conferences. Griddie was right you do watch a different game.

Only played 1nw team MA won by 20 Alb led at half had the lead entire 3rd up until about the 3min mark Alb best defender picked up her 3rd sat her and the girl she was guarding ran off 3 or 4 straight 3's. Alb brought it back to 7 or 8 late probably 3 mins to go Alb fouled MA made ft's got back up by 13 I believe with about 2 min to go maybe less alb subbed MA closed strong as they should that time of year. Game over.

It's ok you all you lost to SD no reason to bring Alb into it lol like I said if you want to bring them down ok if not stop talking.

congrats to SD on the win

Also didn't GS best SD last year in the second rd and then Alb beat them in the 3rd. Interesting you could argue that if Cherokee played SD last year in the second rd they don't come out of it. Alb beat SD last year as well. LOL.

It's ok you lost to SD Cherokee has a young team that has a lot going for it. Don't go after other programs because you lost. Just to make yourselves look better. it's ok don't be hurt. Lol geesh

Only played 1nw team MA won by 20 Alb led at half had the lead entire 3rd up until about the 3min mark Alb best defender picked up her 3rd sat her and the girl she was guarding ran off 3 or 4 straight 3's. Alb brought it back to 7 or 8 late probably 3 mins to go Alb fouled MA made ft's got back up by 13 I believe with about 2 min to go maybe less alb subbed MA closed strong as they should that time of year. Game over.

It's ok you all you lost to SD no reason to bring Alb into it lol like I said if you want to bring them down ok if not stop talking.

congrats to SD on the win

Also didn't GS best SD last year in the second rd and then Alb beat them in the 3rd. Interesting you could argue that if Cherokee played SD last year in the second rd they don't come out of it. Alb beat SD last year as well. LOL.

It's ok you lost to SD Cherokee has a young team that has a lot going for it. Don't go after other programs because you lost. Just to make yourselves look better. it's ok don't be hurt. Lol geesh

Excuses. You can deal in what if all you want. I prefer facts. I don't care what could happen, only what did happen. Do you have anything based on what has actually happened? I don't thing so...... And stop riding SDs coat tails with their one controversial win.

Excuses. You can deal in what if all you want. I prefer facts. I don't care what could happen, only what did happen. Do you have anything based on what has actually happened? I don't thing so...... And stop riding SDs coat tails with their one controversial win.

I'm sorry per game film that's how it went call it what you like lol. I'm not riding SD coat tails we haven't lost to SD lol. Good day.....

I'm sorry per game film that's how it went call it what you like lol. I'm not riding SD coat tails we haven't lost to SD lol. Good day.....

Losing is losing, or does the film show something different. Maybe you could sent the NCHSAA the film and they will make you the retroactive state champs. For the record Cherokee hasn't lost to Swain in years and years.

Mount Airy score more points in the third quater (31) then Alb did in the whole second half (29). Good look on Max Preps. Bottom line the top two conference in the West are Northwest 1A and SMC. I would like the state to good back to per determine brackets and have different schools from different conference play each other

Im my outright disgust and distain of what I saw happen. I am wrong in not pointing out how hard the South Davidson girls played. They battled the entire game and left it all on the court. I was doing them an injustice not point that out as well as I did some of ths other crap that took place.

Mount Airy score more points in the third quater (31) then Alb did in the whole second half (29). Good look on Max Preps. Bottom line the top two conference in the West are Northwest 1A and SMC. I would like the state to good back to per determine brackets and have different schools from different conference play each other

Not meaning to slight Mt Airy, but were they not the 4th seed from the NW. They were good enough to win several other conferences. Was albemare not a one seed?

Losing is losing, or does the film show something different. Maybe you could sent the NCHSAA the film and they will make you the retroactive state champs. For the record Cherokee hasn't lost to Swain in years and years.

1 I'm not the one who brought it up I know it makes you feel relevant but simply it does not. It was brought up after Cherokees loss to SD read the thread. Alb shouldn't even have been brought up you can go back where I have defended Cherokee and their coach for playing at SD. It's not an easy place to play as Cherokee found out.

Not meaning to slight Mt Airy, but were they not the 4th seed from the NW. They were good enough to win several other conferences. Was albemare not a one seed?

If I'm not mistaken I believe they were the 3rd seed. Atkins was the 4th bishop I believe won the conference and prep was 2nd.

MA was a senior led team with 5 really good shooters. I think they hit 12 3's that night. Alb that year only had 2 seniors. MA played really well.

Did I not say that MA in the last 3 minutes went on a run? I think they hit 3 or 4 3's to close the quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT