ADVERTISEMENT

Charter Schools causing craziness with realignment

ColeridgeNC

May 10, 2016
New Baseball/Softball only conference:

Mid-State 1A/2A Split

1A's-Chatham Central, Chatham Charter, River Mill

2A's Reidsville, Bartlett Yancey, NC School of Science and Math, Durham School of the Arts, Graham, Cummings, Carrboro

Strange.

If going that route, why not Keep it local?

1A's-Chatham Central, Chatham Charter, Uwharrie Charter
2A's-Eastern Randolph, Providence Grove, Jordan Matthews

This would have been a nice little conference with little travel

Travel would be nice.

The only thing wrong with that is only 4 of those HS have football.

And sadly Chatham Central would be one of those. And they would not play another 1A team in conference in that sport. Tough on them with the numbers they have.

I know things are not much better for them in current conference but maybe Reidsville will let up some?

Travel would be nice.

The only thing wrong with that is only 4 of those HS have football.

And sadly Chatham Central would be one of those. And they would not play another 1A team in conference in that sport. Tough on them with the numbers they have.

I know things are not much better for them in current conference but maybe Reidsville will let up some?

This conference is only for baseball and softball.

Basketball and the country club sports are going with the new realignment and football is in the old Yadkin valley. Chatham Central, depending on the sport will play in three conferences for the next few years.

This conference is only for baseball and softball.

Basketball and the country club sports are going with the new realignment and football is in the old Yadkin valley. Chatham Central, depending on the sport will play in three conferences for the next few years.
Didn't see the baseball/softball only thing last night. Would be an interesting conference for those sports I agree.

So where do the 2A schools play football/basketball in this scenario? I like concept you have put forward (well except for one charter that irritates me personally) just trying to figure logistics for the rest of the year.

Didn't see the baseball/softball only thing last night. Would be an interesting conference for those sports I agree.

So where do the 2A schools play football/basketball in this scenario? I like concept you have put forward (well except for one charter that irritates me personally) just trying to figure logistics for the rest of the year.

They go with the regular realignment.

OK then what do Trinity, Wheatmore, Andrews and the evil orange empire do during spring? Have a 4 team conference? Not saying I don't like the original idea again just curious.

OK then what do Trinity, Wheatmore, Andrews and the evil orange empire do during spring? Have a 4 team conference? Not saying I don't like the original idea again just curious.

Well,

Could go

1A's-Chatham Central, Chatham Charter, Uwahrrie Charter, North Moore,

2A's-Eastern Randolph, Providence Grove, Jordan Matthews, Wheatmore, Trinity, Randleman

1A's play each other twice,

2A's play each other twice,

1A's play 2A's once

Seed for conf. tourney based on winning percentage.

Reactions: thekidd12
Well,

Could go

1A's-Chatham Central, Chatham Charter, Uwahrrie Charter, North Moore,

2A's-Eastern Randolph, Providence Grove, Jordan Matthews, Wheatmore, Trinity, Randleman

1A's play each other twice,

2A's play each other twice,

1A's play 2A's once

Seed for conf. tourney based on winning percentage.
Now you getting a reasonable looking scenario going. Problem with that is NCHSAA ain't always(wait never) reasonable.

I do like it though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT