ADVERTISEMENT

Time to realign ... (Mid-Carolina 1A/2A)

Mid-Carolina 1A/2A

Seaforth 1059 (5A)
Southeast Alamance 911 (5A)
Jordan-Matthews 879 (4A)
Cummings 807 (4A)
Graham 748 (3A)
Northwood 732 (3A)
Bartlett Yancey 689 (3A)
North Moore 607 (3A)
Chatham Central 339 (1A)
Where did you get the information on the classifications?

I’m assuming due to chicken plant getting going again for JM and Seaforth siphoning off some of Northwood?
Population and industry is exploding from Raleigh to Pittsboro to Siler City to Robbins. Millions of acres of vacant forests being bought up for industry and homes/units. Projections for growth in this area over the next ten years is ridiculous. Randolph Electrical has been working round the clock on power infrastructure in these areas for the past year and a half. Three new cell towers in the Robbins area (finally giving them the chance to dial 911 on their cell phone). I expect one to two new---take a deep breath--charter schools to pop up in this area over the same time period. In the end, Northwood to over 1200, J-M 1000, a new Chatham County High School due to J-M's very small footprint, Chatham Central to 700, and North Moore to 900 (already a large campus with additions added in the past few years).

Unfortunately, Eastern Randolph will also see a dramatic increase in students as well due its close proximity to the coming calamity. Safe to say enrollment will grow there to around 1000+.

RIP small schools...... --THE Batman

ER isn't a small school
Small schools are under 450
Bigger problem is early college and charters taking non athletes from schools and making them look small

Reactions: Mbulld
ER isn't a small school
Small schools are under 450
Bigger problem is early college and charters taking non athletes from schools and making them look small
Thanks for your definition of small size…
Who mentioned ER?
Was a reason I asked Swain ADM in another thread.
They wouldn’t qualify as small either then…
Didn’t read Batman’s post. He did mention ER. My apologies.

Last edited:
I wish something would be done about overlapping district. That a big advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT