ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Latin at Albemarle Scrimmage

Buddy Rich

May 24, 2005
Latin never lets me down. Very good solid team at all positions, well coached and very athletic. Albemarle was no match for their first team on either side of the ball. Their QB was out standing in all phases of the game. However when they put most of their second team in we were able to move the ball very well. I don't think we will face a team any better than Latin this season. WM, Concord and maybe Thomasville might be as good but not better.
I still like our offense. We just need to kept on keeping on and when the timing gets better I think we will be OK. This team is very young and they will get better. Think the final score was Latin 4 Albemarle 2.
OK guys lets get ready for the red dogs from Thomasville next week.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I could be wrong Nation just what one of our guys told me. By the way saw a couple WM guys there and also met the Thomasville head coach and I guess some of his staff. Really liked him except for next fri night. lol. Should be a hell of a game.

There is no doubt that WM is the top dog of the YVC this year, so the battle will be for second place. That could be up in the air at this point. I think several teams have a shot at second place including my dogs if they just continue to get better. Timing, timing with this offense guys. Keep working hard.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
There were some aspects I was really happy with. We are still a couple of weeks away from knowing what we can do. We still have a lot of work to do though. Overall it was good not great still a lot of room for improvement.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Tonight Latin was clearly the better team, but I also think with more reps in practice this Albemarle team could be really good. The athletes are there they just have to keep following coach Smith lead and get it done. Was really proud of all the guys tonight. Keep your heads up as you just competed against an outstanding football team.

Yes most definitely Latin was the better team but you could see spurts of the kids starting to get it. Also we didn't have all of our cards on the table either. We are not a deep team actually I think 2 of Latins scores were with our backups on the corners. So being healthy is imperative.

I felt our tackling was much improved but I didn't feel we were flying around the field as much like we did last year. What did you think?

Agreed nation. The fundementals are much, much improved. I like coach smith's approach and what he is trying to do. Just keep hammering home the basics and we will get better. The kids just have to believe that this is going to work and it will. You're also right any multiple injuries and we are in deep $hi%. Go Dogs.

Good analysis guys.

I believe everyone in the county was there to watch Albemarle. North Stanly players were there too.

We will be fine. We didn't open up the playbook until our first score. Then Smith dialed it back again. When he did open the playbook, you saw what we could do. Latin also opened their playbook when they started going through the air.

Met one guy yesterday, and he said he spoke too one of the coaches and stated that they weren't going to run any major plays ie "Not gonna show our hand".

The only thing that I didn't like was when #23 stumbled on a passing route and fell down, and instead of getting up and trying to make a tackle, he walked off the field upset. That's the attitude that has killed Albemarle these past 3 or 4 years. I hope coach Smith runs his butt until his lungs fall out....

Overall, I see us in second place. Our QB is young, but very solid. He sales the plays well.

QUOTE="MA BEARMAN, post: 147018, member: 4810"]U ALB FANS are funny![/QUOTE] Then We hope that You move to Albemarle and Coach Smith makes You run laps, but not till Your lungs fall out. That would be nasty. Anyway, when We can see how it looks with a score on the end, We may have a different opinion about last night

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT