ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Catholic

footsoldier is a punk

Aug 22, 2015
It is way past time for Catholic to be playing private school ball! There is no way a school should be allowed to play public school ball if you have to pay a tuition to go there. The NCHSAA needs to man up and do the right thing.

Then just as soon as football season is over they switch to bashing Bishop in basketball.

Catholic has been a solid contributing, upstanding member of the NCHSAA for 55 years now. The guy who just invented this brand new account with a violation of board rules name on it solely to take a pot shot at a Catholic fan didn't mention how long his school has been in good standing in the NCHSAA, but somehow I'm guessing it's not been that long.

Parochials already have restrictions placed against them that no public school in the state has, so it can be argued that they not only are they constantly being singled out by ignorant persons on message boards who don't bother to educate themselves on the inner workings of being a parochial school in the NCHSAA, but also that they don't play on a fair and level field compared to their public school brethren.

I not only vote that they stay, but that they also have these unfair restrictions levied against them dropped so that we can all compete under the same set of rules.

Yyyyaaawwwnnnnnn. Is there some other topic? I think it's way past time for the publics to man up and stop being scared of good opponents. I.E Wake County schools playing Cardinal Gibbons and some other Orc opponents than Wake County softies in football.

It is way past time for Catholic to be playing private school ball! There is no way a school should be allowed to play public school ball if you have to pay a tuition to go there. The NCHSAA needs to man up and do the right thing.

Charlotte Catholic players look like students in a Nasa Space Camp. They give out 0$ in Scholarship money for Athletics. 96% of their players will never play football again after high school. Damn! Talk about chicken little.
How about you take those massive men breast out of your players mouth and play ball. What a Wuss!

Catholic has been a solid contributing, upstanding member of the NCHSAA for 55 years now. The guy who just invented this brand new account with a violation of board rules name on it solely to take a pot shot at a Catholic fan didn't mention how long his school has been in good standing in the NCHSAA, but somehow I'm guessing it's not been that long.

Parochials already have restrictions placed against them that no public school in the state has, so it can be argued that they not only are they constantly being singled out by ignorant persons on message boards who don't bother to educate themselves on the inner workings of being a parochial school in the NCHSAA, but also that they don't play on a fair and level field compared to their public school brethren.

I not only vote that they stay, but that they also have these unfair restrictions levied against them dropped so that we can all compete under the same set of rules.
Ok sunshine the town I come from played it's first football game in the 1920's, I bet even a rocket scientist like you can add good enough to tell that is more than 55 years! Oh and the poster that I am taking a shot at, I guess his mom will not let him come out to play today!

Charlotte Catholic players look like students in a Nasa Space Camp. They give out 0$ in Scholarship money for Athletics. 96% of their players will never play football again after high school. Damn! Talk about chicken little.
How about you take those massive men breast out of your players mouth and play ball. What a Wuss!
Well well we have a keyboard warrior here you sound like you like man boobs! Have fun with that.

I have seen Catholic play three times twice against HPC and Once Against Dudley They put a good brand of football on the field. I heard they recruit players from surrounding states I don't agree with that because public schools can't do that so I feel they shouldn't be allowed to pkay public schools for that reason. But hey football is football and when teams win people criticize

I have seen Catholic play three times twice against HPC and Once Against Dudley They put a good brand of football on the field. I heard they recruit players from surrounding states I don't agree with that because public schools can't do that so I feel they shouldn't be allowed to pkay public schools for that reason. But hey football is football and when teams win people criticize
That has nothing to do with why I dont think they should be allowed to play with the public schools. A kid could live two blocks from the school and have grown up wanting to play for them his whole life, but if his family cant afford it he cant go there. That is not what happens with public schools so they should not be allowed to be in with the public schools!

That has nothing to do with why I dont think they should be allowed to play with the public schools. A kid could live two blocks from the school and have grown up wanting to play for them his whole life, but if his family cant afford it he cant go there. That is not what happens with public schools so they should not be allowed to be in with the public schools!

They can go there for free but not play sports if they are on tuition assistance.

Catholic students pay a tuition but also have tuition assistance from the Diocese.

I heard they recruit players from surrounding states I don't agree with that because public schools can't do that so I feel they shouldn't be allowed to pkay public schools for that reason. But hey football is football and when teams win people criticize

If they are recruiting they need to get a new co-ordinator. Walk on the field during warmups when Catholic is playing in a state semi final or final and size up their players to the opponent. The eye test does show a state title type team for 4A football.

I would expect that 90% of the players on the Catholic varsity played at a Catholic feeder middle school where they ran the same basic system the varsity does. The other 10% moved in from out of state when their parents took jobs in Charlotte which is very normal.

No problem with the Parochials playing in the NCHSAA. I do think they should play up one classification. They are much more regulated than the small schools that are open magnets and charters. You want to complain, that is a good starting point as that is killing 1A sports. Check out Forsyth County and their couple of 1A schools including WS Prep.

You know what? I don't like that people get laid off from jobs either, but it happens. Like has already been said, the parochials have stricter rules than the publics have. The parochials are playing in the NCHSAA. Man up. Quit whining and deal with it.

Catholic's ADM last season was 1350, making them the smallest 4A school of any kind in the entire state. In fact, consensus here says that they will probably return to the 3A ranks in the next realignment.

For a program who can recruit kids from Saturn and who has so many built-in advantages over public schools...then there sure doesn't seem to be many takers into this athletic paradise, does there? Why do you suppose that is? Could it be because the "advantages" you claim they have aren't really there? Or perhaps could it be because every advantage they could potentially have over a public school is negated by a disadvantage (high tuition, for example) that public schools don't have to worry about?

If there was seriously something inherently wrong with Catholic's participation in the NCHSAA, don't you think the 20 public high schools most affected by it (CMS schools) would've said something to that effect over the past 50 years? Why is it the schools that exist side-by-side with Catholic on a daily basis are never the ones complaining about them? Is it because we see them on a daily basis and therefore are a lot more educated about their so-called "advantages"?

I always thought that Charlotte Catholic was a great addition to the NCHSAA. If the school was mediocre in sports, I wonder how many people would be complaining.

Catholic's ADM last season was 1350, making them the smallest 4A school of any kind in the entire state. In fact, consensus here says that they will probably return to the 3A ranks in the next realignment.

For a program who can recruit kids from Saturn and who has so many built-in advantages over public schools...then there sure doesn't seem to be many takers into this athletic paradise, does there? Why do you suppose that is? Could it be because the "advantages" you claim they have aren't really there? Or perhaps could it be because every advantage they could potentially have over a public school is negated by a disadvantage (high tuition, for example) that public schools don't have to worry about?

If there was seriously something inherently wrong with Catholic's participation in the NCHSAA, don't you think the 20 public high schools most affected by it (CMS schools) would've said something to that effect over the past 50 years? Why is it the schools that exist side-by-side with Catholic on a daily basis are never the ones complaining about them? Is it because we see them on a daily basis and therefore are a lot more educated about their so-called "advantages"?
I didn't say anything about recruiting I said if you have to pay to go to the school it is not the same as public.

I didn't say anything about recruiting I said if you have to pay to go to the school it is not the same as public.
I agree it's not the same...it's a major disadvantage, which is why there's not 10,000 kids attending that school. So kick them out because they have a disadvantage that the public schools don't have? Why? What purpose would that serve?

Time to bring about the multiplier for the parochials and charters ...
Charters...definitely. But I'm not so sure about the parochials. If you attend pretty much any game Catholic plays this year against pretty much anyone in Charlotte, you will see right away that they are at a noticeable physical disadvantage against nearly the entire city. They make up for that with phenomenal coaching and execution...but only to an extent. Ask any Catholic guy in the world whether or not they think they have any "advantages" over Mallard Creek and you might get punched in the face. All things considered, I think it's impressive that they compete as well as they do given what they have to work with compared to the other schools around here. They certainly don't need to be further penalized by applying a multiplier.

Di
I agree it's not the same...it's a major disadvantage, which is why there's not 10,000 kids attending that school. So kick them out because they have a disadvantage that the public schools don't have? Why? What purpose would that serve?
Disadvantage or not if a kid wants to play for them and cant afford to pay he cant that is the big problem.

If a kid wants to play for Mallard Creek and can't afford to move into Mallard Creek's zoning district, is that not the exact same problem? Should we ban all public schools from participating in the NCHSAA because of it?

And why would you want to penalize a school because of a select few people who don't even go to it? Why is any of this the school's problem (or the NCHSAA's, either, for that matter)?

If a kid wants to play for Mallard Creek and can't afford to move into Mallard Creek's zoning district, is that not the exact same problem? Should we ban all public schools from participating in the NCHSAA because of it?

And why would you want to penalize a school because of a select few people who don't even go to it? Why is any of this the school's problem (or the NCHSAA's, either, for that matter)?
That is apples and oranges a kid living a quarter mile from the school might be in that boat that is my problem if you cant afford to move that is another story.

Haven't you got some london broil to pack 89wonders? Please be certain to put that purple meat stamp on mine.

Why did you create a phony username for NCPreps? Your pablum posts are easily discerned as originating from those grubby ham-fisted fingertips regardless of what username you create and use.

Do meat packers work with fudge packers? I'm sure you volunteered first if they do.

Reactions: fitguync30
So you said it yourself right there they have to pay to play!

A lot of districts have "pay to play". The Parochials have tuition and some publics have an athletic participation fee.

I agree with the multiplier 100% and not so much for Catholic and not for football and I agree with it for charters and open enrollments and magnets. It is an issue in 1A and less so in 2A and 3A but not really in 4A.

I've never seen one shred of evidence that Charlotte Catholic recruits. I think Charlotte Catholic is just much better organized than the so-called high-profile schools than some of the public schools.
Footsoldier is a punk, do you have any evidence that Charlotte Catholic cheats or has an unfair advantage? Does your school play football against Charlotte Catholic? Has your school ever played against Charlotte Catholic? I betcha that your school had their lunch handed to them by the Cougars numerous times.

Reactions: footsoldier
Dumb dum
I've never seen one shred of evidence that Charlotte Catholic recruits. I think Charlotte Catholic is just much better organized than the so-called high-profile schools than some of the public schools.
Footsoldier is a punk, do you have any evidence that Charlotte Catholic cheats or has an unfair advantage? Does your school play football against Charlotte Catholic? Has your school ever played against Charlotte Catholic? I betcha that your school had their lunch handed to them by the Cougars numerous times.
Where did you see me post that they recruit I said if you have to pay to go there it is a private school not a public school. Try to comprehend what you are reading I am sure that is tuff for you but give it a shot!

And all of that is true Earnhardt Fan.
Footsoldier is a punk is 89Wonders on another site and slithered his way over here. I don't know perhaps he uses his 89 username here also but it is definitely his juvenile style of posting regardless of any username he's created.

Yes he is a Kannapolis fan and yes we have pilloried AL Brown multiple times on their field and ours always in playoffs. They are 1-8 all time vs Catholic and we have never lost to them in their stadium. Not once. I'm almost certain his hatred of Catholic germinates from this sad truth about his Greenies when they suit up on gameday and see Red Pain behind the other sideline. Game over.

Last edited:
Hey 89wonders, no meat to pack today? I guess not. Hey I need my meat inspected when can you get to that?
Grow a pair and man up come to a Catholic game and meet footsoldier. He will buy you a burger, drink and you'll regret half the stuff you say. Ask many of the posters on here who personally know him. He is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
By the way next time AL Brown rolls into Keffer to get beaten like a red headed step child I hope you have the balls to meet the Catholic posters. Although we all know you wont.

And all of that is true Earnhardt Fan.
Footsoldier is a punk is 89Wonders on another site and slithered his way over here. I don't know perhaps he uses his 89 username here also but it is definitely his juvenile style of posting regardless of any username he's created.

Yes he is a Kannapolis fan and yes we have pilloried AL Brown multiple times on their field and ours always in playoffs. They are 1-8 all time vs Catholic and we have never lost to them in their stadium. Not once. I'm almost certain his hatred of Catholic germinates from this sad truth about his Greenies when they suit up on gameday and see Red Pain behind the other sideline. Game over.

Why would anyone create a sock puppet account that's inflammatory against another poster? I mean there are some dumb posters on this site, but if I didn't like the poster I simply insult their intelligence. Sounds like you've got a stalker on your hands.

I've seen some references about meat packing and meat inspections. What the heck is that about?

Funny
That's what he does. It's his job. He puts the purple ink stamp on the slab then PACKS it.
Funny you know so much about someone you never met or dont really have a clue about! Your whole problem is you cant handle when someone comes along that will stand up to you and give it right back!

Almost as

Almost as bizarre as someone who has a dead mans name for their profile!

Now Earnhardt is from Kannapolis, so I thought you would hold him in some form of reverence.

Why do you hate Footsoldier so much that you would create this "Footsoldier is a punk" account? You do realize you are giving him attention and then he gets a chance to rail at you about being a Wonder fan, packing meat, inspecting meat, and about owning two modular homes on 15 acres. He's pushing your buttons and when you explode he wins. Don't explode dude.

Extend that right arm old chap and shake Footsoldier's hand! Learn to forgive, plant a tree, and sing to the heavens while dancing with your "significant other". You can do it!

Reactions: footsoldier
Dumb dum
Where did you see me post that they recruit I said if you have to pay to go there it is a private school not a public school. Try to comprehend what you are reading I am sure that is tuff for you but give it a shot!

So you don't want the private schools to play with the public schools? Basically, you are advocating for segregation? Is that it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT