ADVERTISEMENT

Chambers

NCFB73

Jan 23, 2024
Haven’t heard much on Chambers and we usually do. How are they looking for next season? Any key additions or subtractions?

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Chambers will surprise a lot of people. The kids are embracing the coaches leaving as it’s Chambers vs everybody. Hough and Dub C are my favorites to win the conference but IBM Drive will still have a say (as well as the Creek boys). That Weddington game left me plenty optimistic. Brandon Wiggins will have them ready.

Chambers will surprise a lot of people. The kids are embracing the coaches leaving as it’s Chambers vs everybody. Hough and Dub C are my favorites to win the conference but IBM Drive will still have a say (as well as the Creek boys). That Weddington game left me plenty optimistic. Brandon Wiggins will have them ready.
If Chambers can maintain their guys they will be fine. Very talented. Losing Evans hurts and they lose alot with their SR. Class. Coach Wiggins is a Class act. But losing that many coaches is huge. Also the players slated to leave wont leave now but over the summer with less fanfare

If Chambers can maintain their guys they will be fine. Very talented. Losing Evans hurts and they lose alot with their SR. Class. Coach Wiggins is a Class act. But losing that many coaches is huge. Also the players slated to leave wont leave now but over the summer with less fanfare
Yeah the JV teams the past two years was very good. I’m a huge fan of Ka’Mari Coppedge who will step in as the 3rd WR behind NuNu and Jeremiah. Has a lot of Armon Wright in him. Ziere Brooks looks like he’ll be the lead RB and we have a very impressive CB from Mooresville (Cromartie) to go along with Noah Collins in the secondary. No big time stars outside of Concepcion and Harrison, but a lot of blue collar kids. We’ll be very young even if our horses stay. Wiggins had a lot of control of how things was run on JV and they were very talented and got a lot of reps. If we’re a mid seed come playoff time, we can certainly send a big dawg home.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Funny how we talk about this stuff now.
16 year old kid could have just left his high school because he didn't get to be the starter. Such a shame HS athletics have just evolved to this place.

Reactions: beamer24 and nepsy7
16 year old kid could have just left his high school because he didn't get to be the starter. Such a shame HS athletics have just evolved to this place.
Well Chambers had a few kids trying to transfer in to play QB and Jaden was already in the program. I wouldn’t have faulted him for leaving.

Why not leave? People leave jobs, churches, and groups all the time with no issue. Why not change HS if the situation doesn't fit/benefit you? Or stay and enjoy if it does?

Why not leave? People leave jobs, churches, and groups all the time with no issue. Why not change HS if the situation doesn't fit/benefit you? Or stay and enjoy if it does?
Because it's High School athletics and not the professional world. The same reason we don't allow all sorts of options for children under 18. Should we start having 14 year olds sign non competes?

I get it's in place now and there is no going back. Just so many bad faith actors in place with little emphasis on what's best for a kid.

Reactions: beamer24
Given NC allows 16 year olds to drop out and until that’s amended, there’s worst a 4.0 GPA kid could do. I get the “earn it” culture but I also agree to do what’s best for your kid.

It's one thing to get out of a bad situation or the wrong fit but I don't think that's why most are doing so.
Then what are they leaving for? Coaches leave, principals leave, teachers leave, math students leave, band students leave, science olympiad students leave, but we only fuss about football players?

Then what are they leaving for? Coaches leave, principals leave, teachers leave, math students leave, band students leave, science olympiad students leave, but we only fuss about football players?
Most transfers are kids wanting to play with different teammates or coaches, thinking they'll get more offers at a different school, or thinking they'll win more at a different school.
I've never heard of a student transferring over math science or band. Which they don't post on Twitter that they are changing schools either.

Coaches leave, principals leave, teachers leave, math students leave, band students leave, science Olympiad students leave. Band students transfer all the time. When Mr. Jones left Harding students left and the band fell off. When Dr. Gray left WC students left. WM band director is leaving and some of those students are going to WC. Hopewell gets a bunch of band transfers. Northwest school of Arts gets dance, band, and oratory transfers also.

3 of the largest HS in NC are Myers Park, Ardrey Kell, and SM. All over 3k. They are locked for transfers, but get residency/home school moves yearly. They just happen to be 3 of the best academic schools in the state. So parents are moving to them for academics but no one cares. They only fuss when its football and basketball players moving. If moves are made legally and are legit have no issue. If its falsified or games played they should be punished.

I don't care that they move I just think alot of it ends up being for naught.
Agree on that. If you leaving to win on HS level it helps. To get recruited or noticed don't think it helps at all. No one talks about the guys that transfer and lose eligibility or transfer and dont play as much. Its a risk in leaving a known for an unknown.

Reactions: beamer24
Agree on that. If you leaving to win on HS level it helps. To get recruited or noticed don't think it helps at all. No one talks about the guys that transfer and lose eligibility or transfer and dont play as much. Its a risk in leaving a known for an unknown.
I have told numerous parents. Don’t come. You’re not going to get on the field. Also, numerous players and parents overate the kids ability, thinking the grass will be greener on the other side. Many leave for ridiculous reasons. It carry’s on in college, with the portal. Sometimes you just have to stay put, and fight it out.

I have told numerous parents. Don’t come. You’re not going to get on the field. Also, numerous players and parents overate the kids ability, thinking the grass will be greener on the other side. Many leave for ridiculous reasons. It carry’s on in college, with the portal. Sometimes you just have to stay put, and fight it out.
Man preach! Talent is everywhere and you're not as good as you like to think you are. Parents only focus on their kids or their kid's friends and ignore the countless other youth that are working and grinding. For every transfer there is a grind it out kid already at the school working that knows the coaches, teachers and culture. Unless you are a sure fire D2/D1 talent or there is a specific need at your position stay put.

Also parents mistake HS talent for college ball talent. Two very different things. Stats at 2A level are different than stats at 4A level etc etc. A good HS DB can go unnoticed or be lowly recruited and then end up in the Pros. IE Garrett Williams or Jaire Alexander A great HS RB can end up starting LB for the Ravens. Trent Simpson. Or an modest HS receiver end up a possible HOF in Keenan Allen. Most folks couldn't pick Keion Crossen out of a photo lineup. Or a short white receiver end up SB champ in Braxton Berrios. If you are good they will find you. People really dont understand how talented NC is in HS football.

Also parents mistake HS talent for college ball talent. Two very different things. Stats at 2A level are different than stats at 4A level etc etc. A good HS DB can go unnoticed or be lowly recruited and then end up in the Pros. IE Garrett Williams or Jaire Alexander A great HS RB can end up starting LB for the Ravens. Trent Simpson. Or an modest HS receiver end up a possible HOF in Keenan Allen. Most folks couldn't pick Keion Crossen out of a photo lineup. Or a short white receiver end up SB champ in Braxton Berrios. If you are good they will find you. People really dont understand how talented NC is in HS football.
Had a parent argue with me about his son, being a power 5 kid. He went D3, and they gave him a redshirt. He's still arguing with me. Can't make this shit up.

Had a parent argue with me about his son, being a power 5 kid. He went D3, and they gave him a redshirt. He's still arguing with me. Can't make this shit up.
You been around the game for a while. D1 talent is different than regular HS talent. The stats may seem similar and they may get similar awards recognition but its different. WC got a guy in Littlejohn that's sure fire D1. Hough got Samari that's sure fire D1. The Sanders guys from Providence Day is sure fire D1.

MC has an incoming RB you working with from Piedmont that has D1 potential. D1 guys just move different and different size in comparisons. Not sure people understand how hard it is to go D2 much less D1 in football. We throw the term D1 around too much when describing athletes. NC has approx 4500 Sr football players and roughly 100-125 went D1. Do the math......

You been around the game for a while. D1 talent is different than regular HS talent. The stats may seem similar and they may get similar awards recognition but its different. WC got a guy in Littlejohn that's sure fire D1. Hough got Samari that's sure fire D1. The Sanders guys from Providence Day is sure fire D1.

MC has an incoming RB you working with from Piedmont that has D1 potential. D1 guys just move different and different size in comparisons. Not sure people understand how hard it is to go D2 much less D1 in football. We throw the term D1 around too much when describing athletes. NC has approx 4500 Sr football players and roughly 100-125 went D1. Do the math......
Facts! Had quite few of our kids at Chambers who in years past would’ve been D1 kids. Journey Elder (Wingate; probably should’ve been an Elon or Gardner Webb kid), Fred Perry (Catawba; but could’ve definitely played at Western Carolina but they only wanted him as a walk on), Jaylon Mays (probably is an FCS long snapper), hell even your son, TJ McGill and Z Book went FCS but should’ve been playing power 7 ball somewhere. D1 is different.

Facts! Had quite few of our kids at Chambers who in years past would’ve been D1 kids. Journey Elder (Wingate; probably should’ve been an Elon or Gardner Webb kid), Fred Perry (Catawba; but could’ve definitely played at Western Carolina but they only wanted him as a walk on), Jaylon Mays (probably is an FCS long snapper), hell even your son, TJ McGill and Z Book went FCS but should’ve been playing power 7 ball somewhere. D1 is different.
TJ is great ball player. No relation though. The transfer portal, Deion and extra COVID year have hurt HS recruiting. W/O the sit out year folks typically go down a level which takes a HS spot. Instead of leaving guys are getting 6-7 years whereas HS is a hard 4 years.

Chambers talent level the past 7-8 years is unmatched. Maybe Indy 00-05 or MC 13-21. But for overall talent oh my. Indy/MC might have had more D1 guys but college guys in total? Chambers/Vance is unmatched

TJ is great ball player. No relation though. The transfer portal, Deion and extra COVID year have hurt HS recruiting. W/O the sit out year folks typically go down a level which takes a HS spot. Instead of leaving guys are getting 6-7 years whereas HS is a hard 4 years.

Chambers talent level the past 7-8 years is unmatched. Maybe Indy 00-05 or MC 13-21. But for overall talent oh my. Indy/MC might have had more D1 guys but college guys in total? Chambers/Vance is unmatched
Unmatched? They were loaded but I think creek Indy and butler all had more talent come through their school in a similar timespan, and I don’t think it’s close if we really looked at who played where. 2000-2006 Indy was crazy talented with multiple NFLers, Creek from 2010-2017 had some generational talent, butler from like 2007-2015 had some crazy kids as well. I think you are giving Vance/chambers some recency bias. Their run was really impressive 2 state titles and a couple other appearances is crazy enough!!!

Reactions: nepsy7

Creek has had over 50 to 60 + kids on college rosters every year for the last 7-8 years.

There hasn't been a local championship win in the last 7-8 years despite 50–60+ students being on college rosters every year. Where is the issue located?

I can’t message you, but I was thinking your son was somebody else on that loaded team. Ivy League. TJ is my guy (I know his mom and pops) and I been checking on him. If he builds on last year, he’ll be all conference.

Many will argue that Indy/Creek has that title but Chambers/Vance with football and basketball is hands down unmatched. The basketball team currently has 3 high major kids as rising juniors and I haven’t even mentioned Trey Green, Jaylen Curry, Rio Haskins, and Daniel Hankins Sanford. Ten (James Pearce) will more than likely be the #1 pick in the NFL Draft next year and KC will be a top 2 round pick the following. Jackson Bass, TJ and Zion will probably get some NFL opportunities. It’s insane what we’ve had on IBM.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT