ADVERTISEMENT

CCC early thoughts

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
Let's hear it fellas... whatcha got?

East Davidson is well coached and seem to pull an upset or two every year. Hanner has them back to where they were last time. Not really considered title contenders but dangerous every week...

Salisbury is the class of the conference every year it seems. Tville is the only one that seems to somewhat give them trouble. Hornets will probably expect a deep run in the playoffs as usual.

North Rowan has speed every year but doesn't always dominate the teams they should. Always potentially scary though.

West Davidson hit rock bottom losing to South last year and seems lost yearly until they get rid of the good ole boy network. Linemen make West a sleeping giant. Just need the right system to get results.

South has people excited for the first time in a while. They didn't upend the status quo but were very well coached and in games they were totally outathleted in. Tripp has done well thus far.

Lexington is the same. Every year. Low numbers and apathy. Nice field. Nuff said.

Thomasville expects big things every year and they should. They have talent everywhere and are very well coached. Haven't made it back to State yet in 1A but have been knocking on the door as a threat. Can they dethrone Saws Berries? Stay tuned...

You will also have to add to this equation. North Rowan and East Davidson will have new Head coaches next year. Both Pearson, from North, and Hanner, from East have stepped down
When did Coach Hanner step down? This is the first time that I have heard that. Who is East looking at for their next Head Coach?

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
At Lexington practice. About 33 kids from what I see. They were young last year and still look young this year. Look small because underclassmen are the majority.

Looks like a few weapons at receiver and running back. They have a quick little qb and a lefty who looks like a pocket passer.

Only seven offensive linemen. They may get more when it officially starts.

Defense looks small but quick.

Field looks wonderful. Fresh paint job makes it look much better than it was previously. The contrast is much less striking than last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Seen where Salisbury is going to be loaded and senior heavy. Also will have real good Jr RB.
It’s going to come down to the dogs and hornets. I think the dogs compete but still can’t give them the edge. I will say it’s a shame that they play in the first conference game since it pretty much decides the conference crown but I guess nothing can be done about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT