ADVERTISEMENT

can u drop non conference loss for playoff purposes?

KW23

Feb 9, 2011
Can u drop non conference loss in bball for playoffs like u can in football? I know everyone plays different amounts of games so wasn't sure what rules are for playoffs?

Thanks, unfortunately it looks like my Alleghany Trojans will only play 20 games this season since their football teams made it so far some games got cancelled, so their loss last night to a team from Virginia will count? Unless conference tournament games count? Do conference tournament games count towards playoffs? How do they work?

No conference tournament games don't count unless you have a tie for the conference championship then whoever wins or places higher in the conference tournament championship will get the higher seed.

They are trying to reschedule 4a Davie county which will make 23. 14 conference games, Grayson twice, Galax twice, Davie, Surry Central, 3 games in the Christmas tourney at Fort Chiswell.

The team that beat them last night from Radford was really good. They have either won the state championship or finished 2nd the last three years. They have a senior that has already committed to a D1 school and he can really play. The Trojans lead late in the 4th qtr but could not finish them off.

I think that was a really good test/experience for the Trojans, as that is the kind of team they would meet in the later rounds of the State playoffs if they are fortunate enough to get that far.

Alleghany thanks for the inside scoop. I knew that team was very good that they played last night. Didn't know about the holiday tournament it isn't listed on maxpreps.com . Let me know how they do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT