ADVERTISEMENT

Burns PUNKS OUT on Central Cabarrus

Did Burns Fail?

• Yes they did...miserably

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No...it's okay to be reckless

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
Catholic's football program exists on a higher plane than anything found in Lawndale. The glory alone dwarfs your mud puppies beyond recognition and their legendary feats of athletic brilliance and mental prowess urinate on the mediocrity that is Burns football. And I'm being polite.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
I don't know much about private school ball Frank but do yall play flag football or actually use pads and play tackle ?

Do your Catholic priest actually coach too ? I sure hope not.
Well nice chatting with you Frank. Hey, maybe you can find a private school message board. You can debate with some guy from Charlotte Latin about who has the best kicker or whose fan base makes the most money.

Too bad Bulldoggers. You earned this and I'm cashing it in for you. What an underhanded stunt that was. Besides if any fans can pollute a message board with multiple posts it's you clowns.

Dropping da bomb....dropping da bomb remember that crap
That crap went to Newton Conover with MB along with the 4 finger salute

That 4 finger salute meant Beam's team beat Shelby 4 years in a row. Don't act like you wouldn't pack up his office and relocate him to Lawndale.

That 4 finger salute meant Beam's team beat Shelby 4 years in a row. Don't act like you wouldn't pack up his office and relocate him to Lawndale.
I know what it meant bliz but your wrong i would have help pack him up to leave. I understand you are friends with him and i think he is a good offensive coach but i did not loose any sleep over him leaving . Its just my opinion just like you have yours

http://www.independenttribune.com/s...11e5-ae47-8ba70ce3be96.html#facebook-comments

I understand his frustration, Burns lost out on the game too. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I feel like Burns was doing what was best and stick with my team.
If you read the whole thing you will see that their AD had no problem with it, and that they agree to everything. we even agreed to go back an give them our share of next years gate. sounds like their coach needs to take it up with the AD

Well nice chatting with you Frank. Hey, maybe you can find a private school message board. You can debate with some guy from Charlotte Latin about who has the best kicker or whose fan base makes the most money.

Hey Footsoldier, do you know who this Frank guy is? This last few posts reminds me of some old man at the mall saying "Hey little kid, want a piece of candy?".

I think the meat inspector and Loindog will enjoy each other's company.

Reactions: footsoldier
Sounds like you are the one with practice at that Earnhardt but I fail to see how that weak attempt At humor has anything to do with post to frank....who has vanished ....pretty typical - can dish it out but can't take it .

Sounds like you are the one with practice at that Earnhardt but I fail to see how that weak attempt At humor has anything to do with post to frank....who has vanished ....pretty typical - can dish it out but can't take it .

So Frank is your significant other? Okay, that's fine. Have fun.

Earn why has your boyfriend turned mute all of a sudden ? But at least he is man enough to say who he pulls for u like you ...classy teams my azz....you know there is one u r all about ....why r u so afraid to say ?

Earn why has your boyfriend turned mute all of a sudden ? But at least he is man enough to say who he pulls for u like you ...classy teams my azz....you know there is one u r all about ....why r u so afraid to say ?

Oh, so you think Footsoldier's name is Frank? Then I apologize....to Footsoldier, because I made a reference that Frank was your significant other.

DA frank is footsolider .....I typed that real slow for you .

It's hard to follow your posts because your writing skills are at the level of a 3rd grader. If you write coherently, people might understand what you are stating.

William Faulkner must have been talking about you when he stated "A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".

Reactions: footsoldier
No but foot must be your the way you are gushing over him . You are one sick puppy .

3rd grade wow .....that would mean I finished two grades ahead of you .

It's hard to follow your posts because your writing skills are at the level of a 3rd grader. If you write coherently, people might understand what you are stating.

William Faulkner must have been talking about you when he stated "A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".
My spelling skills are fine ....typing on an iPhone not so much . Earn good luck to whatever mystery team you pull for.

He does struggle with sentence completion EF but is that so surprising? He won't talk about his scrubs either instead attempting ad hominem attacks on us from the double wide. This thread is about Burns HS punking out on something they agreed to do and all the BS excuses their joke fans think they can sell in here. They'll be feeling this into December long after their season ends.

He does struggle with sentence completion EF but is that so surprising? He won't talk about his scrubs either instead attempting ad hominem attacks on us from the double wide. This thread is about Burns HS punking out on something they agreed to do and all the BS excuses their joke fans think they can sell in here. They'll be feeling this into December long after their season ends.

Let's say, for argument sake, Charlotte Catholic was scheduled to play at Burns. Would the Pope boys bail if the game couldn't be played on Friday night? The answer would be no, the Cougars would show up either on Saturday or Monday. I could see the purple smurfs near the Carolina border pulling this trick and possibly a Burke County school or two, but most schools would have done the right thing and played the game.

Let's say, for argument sake, Charlotte Catholic was scheduled to play at Burns. Would the Pope boys bail if the game couldn't be played on Friday night? The answer would be no, the Cougars would show up either on Saturday or Monday. I could see the purple smurfs near the Carolina border pulling this trick and possibly a Burke County school or two, but most schools would have done the right thing and played the game.
Earnhardt , do you ever say anything that isnt tainted? Go to the Winston Cup boards !

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Look i am well aware of what this thread is about but if you are going to post on this board you better get thicker skin. I am so sorry i hurt your feelings. Frank/foot/earn whoever you are, this has really gotten to you. I bet you have lost sleep the last couple of nights. As i said earlier, a lot of people were (and are) upset about this and i can be objective enough to look at both sides of the issue. I am only a fan and i am not going to speak for why the coach made the decision he did, but i tell ya what. Since this has bothered you so much why don't you call Burns high school tomorrow and ask him yourself? Or better yet drive up. I will tell you why you will not do either - because you are a coward behind a keyboard who would rather bad mouth a hard working coach, who has won State titles, on a high school message board and remain an unknown. A small man who suddenly feels all big and powerful when the computer fires up.

Last edited:
^LOL!. You have my friend Foot all figured out. I would add that the only one that seems to be upset, is you... Just read all that back to yourself, and you'll see what I mean...

Good work Foot......... Best thread on this site in a long time.

^LOL!. You have my friend Foot all figured out. I would add that the only one that seems to be upset, is you... Just read all that back to yourself, and you'll see what I mean...

Good work Foot......... Best thread on this site in a long time.
Upset, no way...but i am a little disturbed that WIll Rogers would not like me. Dang it. But i seriously dont get the guy's obsession with this. You and many others made a comment or two and moved on. Heck man, my kid lost a game too. I hated this game was not played but will choose to support my coach as most fans on here would do. Anyway, maybe he will take my advice.

Last edited:
I never called anyone out. I never do. If an endowment game is meaningless then there is no reason to schedule for it, but if you do, it should be honored short of some kind of tragedy and that isn't what occurred. I've got your lightning meter right here. Gate receipts aside Central lost money in preparation they won't get back. That matters too. Mandatory forfeit applied to post season seeding for Burns and a win for Central. That's what should happen. Too bad it won't.

I never called anyone out. I never do. If an endowment game is meaningless then there is no reason to schedule for it, but if you do, it should be honored short of some kind of tragedy and that isn't what occurred. I've got your lightning meter right here. Gate receipts aside Central lost money in preparation they won't get back. That matters too. Mandatory forfeit applied to post season seeding for Burns and a win for Central. That's what should happen. Too bad it won't.
You are right. It won't happen. Rulz use KY on him next time. He is getting cranky. I would like to apologize to CC that the plan they had backfired. Best thread in a long time. I have read a bunch of uninformed dumb asses type what they think they know based off what they read. This is comedy right here. I am late for the party by all means but I wish I had attended that game that did not happen to watch a scheme go wrong. If anyone needs an apology it is Burns. Ask any Burns fans that is in the know what happened and you will change your mind.

You are right. It won't happen. Rulz use KY on him next time. He is getting cranky. I would like to apologize to CC that the plan they had backfired. Best thread in a long time. I have read a bunch of uninformed dumb asses type what they think they know based off what they read. This is comedy right here. I am late for the party by all means but I wish I had attended that game that did not happen to watch a scheme go wrong. If anyone needs an apology it is Burns. Ask any Burns fans that is in the know what happened and you will change your mind.

Pulling double shifts at the Waffle House? You need to take some time and relax in your double wide mansion.

Burns punked Central Cabarrus, plain and simple. Burns felt it was more important to have a three day weekend than to honor a commitment. Pathetic.

Pulling double shifts at the Waffle House? You need to take some time and relax in your double wide mansion.

Burns punked Central Cabarrus, plain and simple. Burns felt it was more important to have a three day weekend than to honor a commitment. Pathetic.
Minifoot, I figured you would chime back in sooner or later. My post to bigfoot applies to you as well. If this has bothered you so much go ask Coach directly. He is not hard to find.

We would love to have Catholic up to beautiful RGS for a game. We would even invite you guys to our pregame devotion so you could hear a good ole Southern Baptist preacher. Those spoiled rich kids would not go back to Charlotte happy though;

Burns Baptist -42 Charlotte Catholic 15 (Minifoot - that is 5 field goals since you don't have enough fingers and toes to count that high)

Last edited:
Yes, the real title of the thread should read CC plan backfires. Now I have been cordial and sympathetic for CC and Burns situation and all parties involved. The fact is, CC knew before the game was canceled that Burns was not coming back. Burns waited as long as possible to get the game in, once it was postponed for the evening that was the final. all Parties knew that! The AD at that school is the only one with a clue. The whole night was unorganized and unprepared by CC administration. If there was a lightning delay still, why were all the players on the field? they should have been removed and back in the field houses. see we can fire back just as easily but tried to take the high road. I appreciate what the CC AD has done but Keifer is showing his @$$ on this one and knew what was going to happen if the game wasnt played friday night. So dont act like Burns just dropped a bomb on ya (pun intended) Both parties worked out a good solution before the game was canceled. Kiefer may be a good guy, I dont know him personally, but Burns is in no wrong here. Like I have said its, just an unfortunate circumstance for both teams, CC may have lost out on gate like littlefoot said, but Burns lost out on travel expenses and would have lost more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT