ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Till is leaving Richmond

If Knotts or Barnes came back to an NC public school they could only earn a bit over $20k per year from a state/LEA pay job and keep their NC retirement pay. Private or non educational funds would be required unless they are willing to coach for $20k. You never know.

Knotts will be a DF at least three more years due to family unless a very special circumstance job came along. Special is not a high school job. After three years all bets are off.

I will throw a name out there that is available. Brett Chappell recently left Canton Pisgah. Think he may like to get near Union County.

Does anyone expect any high profile coaches to aggressively pursue this job based on current pay package and perks?

The same could be said of Knotts' transfer from Independence to Dutch Fork, a team that hadn't won a title since 2006. The location makes a difference, but Knotts is a top-notch coach, so he can quickly transform Richmond. The Richmond fan base would raise the money. They have both the momentum and energy. I can assure you that if Knotts arrived, a caravan would migrate from Charlotte and every athlete would have a relative who would have moved to Richmond. Jobs would be created by Gianni Versace's apparel brand, Macy's, BMW Manufacturing Company and John Deere Farming Sales.
Delusional to think Knotts would even consider coming back to NC lol

Till will have a shorter trip to UP from his present residence. As for Metzger and the drive from where he lives., It may be a few miles further to Rockingham compared to Troy.

I wish someone could reach out to Jarrett Troxler, he is a damn good coach and I do not see him coming back to N. C. he is definitely familiar with the area. Look him up, I do not see him leaving the state of Ohio……..

The answer is Eric Morman, but RC will go with Denson. They've wanted Denson for a while. But with Morman you get someone who knows the area, can build a staff, and has a great offensive scheme. Denson is a local hero so the job is very likely his.

-Someone mentioned Coach Greiner. He would do well at RC to an extent, but seems to really connect at urban schools. The monster he is building at West Charlotte would be hard to leave too. Take away pay/duties and the West Charlotte job may be better than RC nowadays. The talent level that WC is getting now is incredible.

-As for coach Knotts/Barnes why would they want the job? Not being offensive but besides helping RC rebuild what benefit do they get?

-If we going past coaches I'd grab Castellano or even Paul Hoggard. Not sure why Hoggard got so much grief. The guy can flat out COACH.

But where RC is now Eric Morman is the right pick!

I wish someone could reach out to Jarrett Troxler, he is a damn good coach and I do not see him coming back to N. C. he is definitely familiar with the area. Look him up, I do not see him leaving the state of Ohio……..
No kidding they pay up there. Union state that pays educators

I don’t know if he would ever leave Mount Tabor, but Tiesuan Brown would be an excellent choice at Richmond. An elite, state championship coach, Brown was born and raised in Ellerbe. Moved to Winston-Salem right before high school

Reactions: RD28327
Give me Cory from those two.
Cory is a great coach and if he accepts the job I would expect us to lose a few kids to RC cause they love him and would run thru a brick wall for the guy. The comment about his offense during the state championship he was trying something different went conservative to try and limit the Reidsville offense possessions his offense was actually quite balanced thru out the season.

It’s some Clinton folks that take him for granted looks like we about to find out.

Cory is a great coach and if he accepts the job I would expect us to lose a few kids to RC cause they love him and would run thru a brick wall for the guy. The comment about his offense during the state championship he was trying something different went conservative to try and limit the Reidsville offense possessions his offense was actually quite balanced thru out the season.

It’s some Clinton folks that take him for granted looks like we about to find out.
I’m all in on Cory Johnson. Do the right thing, Richmond!

This shouldn’t be a very hard to decision for Richmond Johnson revitalized a once great program in Clinton with way less resources than he would have at Richmond. While getting the community excited about football again and had one of the biggest crowds ever for 2A at the state championship. Unless Tommy knotts wants it nobody in this area of NC is close to being a better candidate. And if players flock to him and his staff like they did at Clinton watch out Richmond could be back very fast

How could you "lose" Sampson County kids to RC? That's about a 2 hr. drive, which would require a change in residence unless you want to spend spend 4 hrs./day driving back and forth.

Reactions: onioncfb
How could you "lose" Sampson County kids to RC? That's about a 2 hr. drive, which would require a change in residence unless you want to spend spend 4 hrs./day driving back and forth.
It’s called moving sometimes it involves a u-haul

Kids have moved states for football y’all really think some want move a few counties. I’m only 35 and seen it many times where have y’all been. We just had two leave Clinton to move to Charlotte this last season yall really think it doesn’t happen?
Clinton to Charlotte is probably an upgrade to living. Clinton to Rockingham is a downgrade, maybe someone’s parents can work at the local dollar general.

Reactions: btango
Clinton to Charlotte is probably an upgrade to living. Clinton to Rockingham is a downgrade, maybe someone’s parents can work at the local dollar general.
So pa, ol ball coach gets hired, little johnny is a 10th grade stud out of Clinton, Richmond wins the Championship, was it worth it?

Aint no Einstein in some of you. Yall bees persecuting the whole Richmond atmosphere as if there has been a war there and will take a lifetime to rebuild. If Richmond doesnt do a 180 in this upcoming season, Id's guarantee you they will in the 2nd year. They will also win the Championship.

If Yung Rich cant do it, they always have the ultimate weapon - MAGIC!

raw

I don’t know if he would ever leave Mount Tabor, but Tiesuan Brown would be an excellent choice at Richmond. An elite, state championship coach, Brown was born and raised in Ellerbe. Moved to Winston-Salem right before high school
Tiesuan Brown And Eric Morman are brothers.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
So pa, ol ball coach gets hired, little johnny is a 10th grade stud out of Clinton, Richmond wins the Championship, was it worth it?

Aint no Einstein in some of you. Yall bees persecuting the whole Richmond atmosphere as if there has been a war there and will take a lifetime to rebuild. If Richmond doesnt do a 180 in this upcoming season, Id's guarantee you they will in the 2nd year. They will also win the Championship.

If Yung Rich cant do it, they always have the ultimate weapon - MAGIC!

raw
Is Richmond keeping their same schedule as last season? Big question. It wasn’t the coaching that lost them those games, it’s the talent on the field. Richmond is in a drought post-hood. Channel expectations, realize other schools around Richmond have caught up to them and develop the youth is their key. Fan base needs to realize that the talent pool might be every 5 years instead of 2 like the ol days.

Reactions: btango
I just found your comment about bringing players interesting, given the amount of discussion about "recruiting" over on the 2A board.
Interesting huh.If a kid moves to continue to play with a coach he likes and knows does right by him ain’t nothing illegal about that. Did I say Johnson would make them move? Or ask them to move? No I said the kids will want to follow him cause that’s how much of a players coach he is. Family makes the decision to invest in child’s future ain’t nothing illegal about that. Good try though. Swing and a miss.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
to break it down further Cory genuinely cares about his players, and works hard to give them every opportunity to be successful not only on the field but in life. He helps them get to the next level if i’m a parent and my son has a chance to make it that’s who I want him to play for. Some of these coaches out here going thru the motions when it comes to the kids treating it like it’s another job. He’s one of the rare ones and kids and parents SEE IT for themselves that’s why kids been coming to Clinton and that’s why wherever he ends up they gonna continue to come. They want to play for a coach like him and not one that withholds their film to get even or doesn’t teach them anything. Go watch Amaris Williams interview from the Spring he says plain as day why he came to Clinton and left Overhills.

Is Richmond keeping their same schedule as last season? Big question. It wasn’t the coaching that lost them those games, it’s the talent on the field. Richmond is in a drought post-hood. Channel expectations, realize other schools around Richmond have caught up to them and develop the youth is their key. Fan base needs to realize that the talent pool might be every 5 years instead of 2 like the ol days.
Perfect example pa. MC has all the talent the field could ask for in rain or sunshine. A high profile program with a high profile schedule, but they aint reached the ship going on what is it 7 or 8 years....heck they aint made it out the 1st round papa. Explain that one.

"Well what have had happen upyonder S2V ________________________."

You either have it or you dont. You either want it or you dont. It's chemistry. Other schools around Richmond like who...Anson lol?

Please dont say Scotland because Scotland is always on top of it.......

to break it down further Cory genuinely cares about his players, and works hard to give them every opportunity to be successful not only on the field but in life. He helps them get to the next level if i’m a parent and my son has a chance to make it that’s who I want him to play for. Some of these coaches out here going thru the motions when it comes to the kids treating it like it’s another job. He’s one of the rare ones and kids and parents SEE IT for themselves that’s why kids been coming to Clinton and that’s why wherever he ends up they gonna continue to come. They want to play for a coach like him and not one that withholds their film to get even or doesn’t teach them anything. Go watch Amaris Williams interview from the Spring he says plain as day why he came to Clinton and left Overhills.
Not sure anyone needs much of a reason to leave Overhills

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Interesting huh.If a kid moves to continue to play with a coach he likes and knows does right by him ain’t nothing illegal about that. Did I say Johnson would make them move? Or ask them to move? No I said the kids will want to follow him cause that’s how much of a players coach he is. Family makes the decision to invest in child’s future ain’t nothing illegal about that. Good try though. Swing and a miss.
Agree with this 100%; just think this should have been clearly stated over on the 2A board going back to the summer, instead of a lot of the Dark Horse faithful trying to tap-dance around the reality of how this years' Clinton team was constructed in-part. I have zero problem with players and their families deciding to change schools based on who the coach is or how the program is organized & supported, as long as it benefits the kid in the longterm. And maybe I just missed it over on the 2A board, but refreshing to hear someone like yourself who I assume is close to the program to just to go ahead and own it; no reason not to.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Agree with this 100%; just think this should have been clearly stated over on the 2A board going back to the summer, instead of a lot of the Dark Horse faithful trying to tap-dance around the reality of how this years' Clinton team was constructed in-part. I have zero problem with players and their families deciding to change schools based on who the coach is or how the program is organized & supported, as long as it benefits the kid in the longterm. And maybe I just missed it over on the 2A board, but refreshing to hear someone like yourself who I assume is close to the program to just to go ahead and own it; no reason not to.
We did multiple times but you got a bunch of Duplin County trolls over on the 2A boards who don’t listen and only wish to stir the pot and gaslight

Union Pines comes to Richmond next season so that will be interesting the reaction he gets from the fans. Moore county is 30-40 minutes away from Richmond so I don't really understand the statement of wanting to be closer to his family.... I'm sure money has a lot to do with this. Moore county definitely has more money to pay than Richmond.

Reactions: RD28327
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT