ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Hales Leaving Butler

Job well done. What he has done for butler will leave a mark forever. I wish him all the best and a very fruitful time at his next endeavor. Absolute legend.

CMS loses another really good one from that generation. As for butler, I have a coach in mind, and he already is a HC at a CMS school. I think he would be a perfect fit for obvious reasons…we will see

Reactions: btango
Great coach great guy always had a great game for my raiders especially those offensive plays pray the best 4 him and his family.

Job well done. What he has done for butler will leave a mark forever. I wish him all the best and a very fruitful time at his next endeavor. Absolute legend.

CMS loses another really good one from that generation. As for butler, I have a coach in mind, and he already is a HC at a CMS school. I think he would be a perfect fit for obvious reasons…we will see
Tripp Stone!

Guys years ago we were all like oh well a few coaches always leave. We all whistled past the graveyard. Look I have no idea why he left or if he is going somewhere else but if he is doing that another great NC coach says I’m out.

Tripp Stone!
If Stone wants the job, yes I would give it to him, but that’s not the name I had in mind. I don’t know him personally, but I thought many people thought Stone didn’t desire to be a HC? Maybe it was a timing thing and now is a good time for him? Maybe he follows Hales as his DC and gets a bigger bag being an assistant still rather than a HC in CMS knowing that Hales probably goes south where there is $$$$$. Your suggestion is a great hire if that was made and I’m all for it.

Myself, I would target Greiner from West Charlotte. He would be a home run hire as well. Butler alum that played, was an assistant there and already taught at the school previously in the mid to late 2000s, currently lives in Matthews already, state title coach, really understands the culture at butler and what butler is about. Butler kids can take his hard coaching and his style would mesh perfectly with the attitude of butler in my opinion.

I may be selfish but if butler grabbed Greiner and retained Stone they would easily have a super loaded and respected staff once again lol….but I may be asking for too much.

If Stone wants the job, yes I would give it to him, but that’s not the name I had in mind. I don’t know him personally, but I thought many people thought Stone didn’t desire to be a HC? Maybe it was a timing thing and now is a good time for him? Maybe he follows Hales as his DC and gets a bigger bag being an assistant still rather than a HC in CMS knowing that Hales probably goes south where there is $$$$$. Your suggestion is a great hire if that was made and I’m all for it.

Myself, I would target Greiner from West Charlotte. He would be a home run hire as well. Butler alum that played, was an assistant there and already taught at the school previously in the mid to late 2000s, currently lives in Matthews already, state title coach, really understands the culture at butler and what butler is about. Butler kids can take his hard coaching and his style would mesh perfectly with the attitude of butler in my opinion.

I may be selfish but if butler grabbed Greiner and retained Stone they would easily have a super loaded and respected staff once again lol….but I may be asking for too much.
I’d be 10000% floored if he got the job.

Hales is retiring from coaching he will probably still be teaching at Butler next year. Now, who's to say he won't change his mind in a few years, but not now.

Reactions: Wiseman83
Always ran a Class act and top notch program

This job should attract a lot of big names; There a few I would like to see get it but only time will tell who it will be

Going to be interesting to see who gets this job. I believe there will be lot of good applicants put in.

Definitely a shocker. They also have a lot coming back. He was the most seasoned and established coach in the Charlotte area, before his departure. I believe they’ll keep it in house.

Last edited:
Bummer for sure. I hate that his last loss was against Independence where the offense struggled. I heard keeping the kids focused was tough even though they had a team that could beat anyone last year. This year’s team could be special so I am surprised he stepped down unless he is leaving Butler in good hands with someone on the staff. I am worried about kids transferring.

Congratulations to him, I always thought his 2013 coaching job was his best. We just ran into an all time great Mallard Creek team.

Never will forget Butler’s win against Langston Hughes from last year. Wish Coach Hales the best.

Reactions: Champ_24

Greiner is obviously a good coach , but he does not fit everywhere. I don’t think he’s a good fit at Butler. That’s just my opinion. I think he fits well at WC and will be very successful there there as long as he wants.

Greiner is obviously a good coach , but he does not fit everywhere. I don’t think he’s a good fit at Butler. That’s just my opinion. I think he fits well at WC and will be very successful there there as long as he wants.
I guess we agree to disagree. I think he is a good fit for reasons I listed, not sure why you think it wouldn’t be a good fit. I think Greiner can coach more than just schools like west Charlotte and Harding. It didn’t work out a hockey ridge, but I think HR is very different than butler football. If he applies or is interested, hard for butler to say no to a guy like him, that is an alum and already lives near the school and really understands what butler is all about. Granted, if Stone wants the job, hard to say no to him as well, the kids love Stone and he is a very knowledgeable guy in his own right.

I guess we agree to disagree. I think he is a good fit for reasons I listed, not sure why you think it wouldn’t be a good fit. I think Greiner can coach more than just schools like west Charlotte and Harding. It didn’t work out a hockey ridge, but I think HR is very different than butler football. If he applies or is interested, hard for butler to say no to a guy like him, that is an alum and already lives near the school and really understands what butler is all about. Granted, if Stone wants the job, hard to say no to him as well, the kids love Stone and he is a very knowledgeable guy in his own right.
People who are very well connected who I’d trust said he is not a good fit as well. These are not random fans either who have said this.
Stone would be a fantastic hire I think. I’d be semi-surprised if it wasn’t him.

I believe Tripp Stone; Donald Littlejohn are the 2 guys in house I could see get it

Outside : there a ton of guy that will apply so idk who would get it from outside imo

Reactions: nepsy7
People who are very well connected who I’d trust said he is not a good fit as well. These are not random fans either who have said this.
Stone would be a fantastic hire I think. I’d be semi-surprised if it wasn’t him.
Coach Greiner would be excellent at Butler. A great fit. Lives close, alum, and a great football mind. He has had to build at every school he went to. Going to Butler he could take them higher. He also has a run based offensive type of thinking and is defensive oriented which is Butler to a tee.

However WC has the top 2027 class, 2026 was great. 2028, and 2029 will be loaded also. From a talent standpoint WC will be super talented the next 3-5 years. Would he want to leave? While he would be a great fit at Butler, personally think he's a better fit at WC and destined for great success. Right now its easier getting talent into WC than Butler. IMHO.

Also the best choice is Tripp Stone. The announcement being this time of year lets me know its already his job or he is being seriously considered for it. He is the optimal choice. If Greiner did go to Butler. Stone should go to WC. Both would fit very well at either place IMHO. But Stone is better for Butler long term and Greiner better for WC long term. Hales had never been a HC before Butler and was on staff when hired. Stone has never been a head coach and is on staff.....

I was surprised his name was not brought up. Very respected. Extremely knowledgeable. Impressive organizational skills. Has played significant roles on State Championship teams. Kids really buy into him.
The only people who would question Littlejohn are those that don't know him. What you said is exactly correct, the kids buy into him, and he has put in the time to be a good HC.

I was surprised his name was not brought up. Very respected. Extremely knowledgeable. Impressive organizational skills. Has played significant roles on State Championship teams. Kids really buy into him.
Heard he is very happy at Butler. Now, would the old guard Butler guys accept an Indy guy as HC... lol

Heard he is very happy at Butler. Now, would the old guard Butler guys accept an Indy guy as HC... lol
If you know Little John. He is far removed from being labeled as a Indy guy. His longest tenure as a Coach was Mallard Creak for 8 years. I would love to see him or Stone get the opportunity. Satterfield is an excellent AD. I’m confident he’ll make a great pick.

I can promise you that none of the people commenting that Stone or Littlejohn should get the job are Stone or Littlejohn 🤣🤣
His last post was his 2nd post on NCPREPS. He don’t know no better. He’s definitely new! 🤷🏾‍♂️😂 Probably a coach who wants the job, and his name was not mentioned.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT