ADVERTISEMENT

Brevard/,Rosman

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
Any talk of of combining the two schools?

Rosman keeps getting smaller and didnt look to good friday. ACT said Rosman only had 15 total yards vs Robbinsville and we played half the game with backups. I dont see much improvement over the next 3 or 4 yrs either. Rosman JVs may be worse than the Varsity. Sorry to say it but from the outside looking in it may be time.

Rosman has deopped from 395 (2008) to 343 (2018). Thats around 15% less in 10 yrs. Not dropping fast but dropping steadily.

I doubt it ever happens. Transylvania county is pretty good sized and there's no quick way across it. There are some kids that travel from the west side of the county to Rosman. The drive in a car takes over 30 minutes. That ride on a bus is way worse. Most of those kids would probably try to pull out and go to Jackson county (Blue Ridge)...

I never see it happening, or at least I hope not. There are already way too many kids standing outside in the wee hours of the morning for long bus rides, no need to add 20-30 minutes on to that commute, especially for certain sports. Rosman will be just fine, that community is quite resilient.

Last edited:
I hope you are right. I hate to lose more small community schools. The condition of the buildings will be what probably closes it some day.

That's good, if the buildings can stay in code there is a chance to keep it open. If it ever gets to the point a new building is needed, there will be consolidation of some kind.

I agree with you. With the limited industry left in the county it’s harder than ever to keep up the schools

Separating Rosman from Brevard?
No.
10 flat miles between the two.
Not many miles between the 2 schools, but unfortunately the county stretches to far. We have kids that live 45 min from Rosman, if we shut Rosman down over an hr to get to school. If we shut Brevard down same for kids that live on the county line in little river.

Yeah they definitely aren't going to merge 2 schools over football. If you live in the western part of Transylvania County it's a good haul to Brevard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT