ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Denson

dcov33

Nov 10, 2005
Fayetteville
I know I am going to catch some slack from this post but it is all good because if you cut me I bleed 🩸 Kelly Green and Old Gold. I was at the Mt. Tabor/Richmond game. I have been coming to Raider games since 1987 and I have never in 35 years seen a Raider team look 👀 like they could not match up with a Pop Warner Team. The talent is there, Richmond team is much better than the team I saw last night. Since I got this out of the way let me share this with you, you can tell after coach Castellino left Brad Denson was coaching this team. I am sorry this team looks totally different then years past. I think it is time that Brad Denson gets his due diligence and become the next Head Coach at Richmond County. I am sorry Raider Nation if you can find a better fit please name him. This is no knock to coach Till but sir this was not Raider Football last night. We have toooo damn much tradition to play the way we played last night. I wish you well but I can promise you this if Richmond does not have a winning season. I do not need to say anything else because Richmond is about winning PERIODT….. yes with the T on the end. You can tell from the time the boys came up off the bus things has change since Brad is no longer on the coaching staff, SMDH…… Pissed Off Man in my Smokey Voice……

Was at the this game too. I don't think it would have mattered who was coaching Richmond, they were not going to beat Mt. Tabor. Mt. Tabor is just flat out better than Richmond.

I know I am going to catch some slack from this post but it is all good because if you cut me I bleed 🩸 Kelly Green and Old Gold. I was at the Mt. Tabor/Richmond game. I have been coming to Raider games since 1987 and I have never in 35 years seen a Raider team look 👀 like they could not match up with a Pop Warner Team. The talent is there, Richmond team is much better than the team I saw last night. Since I got this out of the way let me share this with you, you can tell after coach Castellino left Brad Denson was coaching this team. I am sorry this team looks totally different then years past. I think it is time that Brad Denson gets his due diligence and become the next Head Coach at Richmond County. I am sorry Raider Nation if you can find a better fit please name him. This is no knock to coach Till but sir this was not Raider Football last night. We have toooo damn much tradition to play the way we played last night. I wish you well but I can promise you this if Richmond does not have a winning season. I do not need to say anything else because Richmond is about winning PERIODT….. yes with the T on the end. You can tell from the time the boys came up off the bus things has change since Brad is no longer on the coaching staff, SMDH…… Pissed Off Man in my Smokey Voice……
I understand and respect all of your points I to have been coming to raider games for years let me make a couple points we are young it is the 1st game population in the county is going down we dont have alot of size or players like in the past last night was the fewest players I have ever seen suit up we have a great young man at qb with his first varsity start new defensive coordinator new offensive coordinator new offensive and defensive scheme the d line and lbs and rbs are small but got heart new wide receivers new kicker. We all love brad and are thankful for all he has done lets not forget how are offense looked in the playoff games the last couple of years no deep throws all the opponents had to do was stop the run stack the middle. We will be ok as the season moves on.

Was at the this game too. I don't think it would have mattered who was coaching Richmond, they were not going to beat Mt. Tabor. Mt. Tabor is just flat out better than Richmond.

No knock to Tabor but to me they were big but not physical. That Tabor team was not all that, I know football so let’s be real guys.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I understand and respect all of your points I to have been coming to raider games for years let me make a couple points we are young it is the 1st game population in the county is going down we dont have alot of size or players like in the past last night was the fewest players I have ever seen suit up we have a great young man at qb with his first varsity start new defensive coordinator new offensive coordinator new offensive and defensive scheme the d line and lbs and rbs are small but got heart new wide receivers new kicker. We all love brad and are thankful for all he has done lets not forget how are offense looked in the playoff games the last couple of years no deep throws all the opponents had to do was stop the run stack the middle. We will be ok as the season moves on.
We have been screaming for years we do not have the size and talent, that is a bunch of BS, past I check this was Mt. Tabor first game ad well. I will agree this is the fewest players players I’ve seen on the team. So if you watch the game I saw, how many times did we get into the red zone without any points, during Tabor’s 1st drive how many players had on their hips due to being TIRED. Richmond team is not a bad team they were not well coached the game of the season.

We have been screaming for years we do not have the size and talent, that is a bunch of BS, past I check this was Mt. Tabor first game ad well. I will agree this is the fewest players players I’ve seen on the team. So if you watch the game I saw, how many times did we get into the red zone without any points, during Tabor’s 1st drive how many players had on their hips due to being TIRED. Richmond team is not a bad team they were not well coached the game of the season.

Reactions: UNC_91
You are right coaching has to be better and guys were having hands on hips tired never said my raiders were bad young not bad yes we have to score in red zone didn't even try a field goal we all can see the size is not what it used to be on the d line no excuses just a fact like I said we will be just fine.

I watched the game last night on NFHS.

1) missed tackles
2) lack of consistent penetration by the O-Line
3) D-Line gashed
4) errant throws by QB
5) dropped passes

Didn’t see much wrong with scheme, just poor execution.

Yes, the coaching staff is overwhelmingly young and inexperienced, but last time I checked players play and coaches coach. The talent level isn’t what it’s been an that’s okay. They’ll get better, but temper expectations. They’re not going past the 2nd round in playoffs (if they make it). Let this young team develop and stop calling for Till’s job after one game.

Reactions: Raiders 4 real
I watched the game last night on NFHS.

1) missed tackles
2) lack of consistent penetration by the O-Line
3) D-Line gashed
4) errant throws by QB
5) dropped passes

Didn’t see much wrong with scheme, just poor execution.

Yes, the coaching staff is overwhelmingly young and inexperienced, but last time I checked players play and coaches coach. The talent level isn’t what it’s been an that’s okay. They’ll get better, but temper expectations. They’re not going past the 2nd round in playoffs (if they make it). Let this young team develop and stop calling for Till’s job after one
Much as I hate to say it, give the Raider young'ens time to gel. I seem to remember a young Scotland team back in 2018 getting smoked by Butler in the first game and ended up close to winning the Chip!!! Give it time.

This is NOT Raiders fans losing their mind. This is one person talking dumb. It's going to be a tough season I knew that when last season ended. Calling to fire a coach after one game to hire someone who doesn't even work for a school system anymore ( changed careers) is really asinine. Hopefully we get better over the season but we are most definitely going to take some lumps this year.

This is NOT Raiders fans losing their mind. This is one person talking dumb. It's going to be a tough season I knew that when last season ended. Calling to fire a coach after one game to hire someone who doesn't even work for a school system anymore ( changed careers) is really asinine. Hopefully we get better over the season but we are most definitely going to take some lumps this year.
Just for the record I know who you are. This is Richmond Co. “The Mecca” of NC Football or at least it use to be. I bet your yearly salary vs. mine if he does not get it done this year he will not be back next year. If I am wrong then, then we can talk until then I am a fan and I am entitled to my opinion just like your are.

• Haha
Just for the record I know who you are. This is Richmond Co. “The Mecca” of NC Football or at least it use to be. I bet your yearly salary vs. mine if he does not get it done this year he will not be back next year. If I am wrong then, then we can talk until then I am a fan and I am entitled to my opinion just like your are.
I don't care that you know who I am. You are right you have your opinion and I have mine and they can differ. To call for a coach to get fired after 1 game and be replaced by someone who isn't coaching and has changed careers is crazy. Talent is down from the last few years. Travel ball isn't as good middle school ball isn't too good. Nick Saban would have took a L Thursday night. I want to win just like everyone else but when a Raiders fan gets online calling for coach to be replaced after 1 game looks bad on Raider Nation.

If Till doesn’t come back next year it won’t be due to your prediction. Average HC tenure is about 6 years at Richmond, so he’s dead on it.

• Haha
Richmond fans are the best.
Richmond fans are the worst.
When they are winning they support like no other.
When they lose they criticize like no other.

Will never forget Scotland besting them at The Rock and the hateful nonsense said to Paul Hoggard as he stood on the field post game. Unreal. He did not deserve that and they did not deserve him.

Will never forget Scotland besting them at The Rock and the hateful nonsense said to Paul Hoggard as he stood on the field post game. Unreal. He did not deserve that and they did not deserve him.
Bet they wish they still had Hoggard now. Denson was on staff previously why would he make a big difference as the HC?

Thought Maurice Flowers was the perfect fit for RC.

Reactions: btango

Man I don’t have a dog in this fight and I know fans will fans, but RC fans are noted for being ridiculously unfair on judging coaches. Some fans ALWAYS blame coaching regardless of comparing apples to apples. It’s really bad in Cleveland County and Gaffney SC. I’ve been to Gaffney games and felt uncomfortable with the fans shouting at the coaches.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
How will this thread go after Butler and cardinal gibbons the next two weeks.
You think 0-1 makes u feel bad. .
I will breakdown Butler when that thread starts but I expect that game to be competitive. Butler is talented but young so now is the time to beat them.

Gibbons can be a tough matchup for Richmond. It’s a tough schedule so it should help them when they get to conference play.

Reactions: raiderstud
The Raiders will IMPROVE each week...Every team , every coach has critics....That just comes with the job....They will be tested and ready when Conference starts....They have some things to work on , both sides of the ball....Week one , that happens.....Give this staff a chance....I can remember when Richmond had zero Sophomores on the Varsity, now they have several starting at key positions...Richmond lost some good experienced coaches , but they also have some good new coaches, and good returning coaches....Hard to get adjusted when your team looses its Defensive coordinator and Offensive coordinator...Coach Till is a class act, and I believe he will get the ship back on balance....

I said it before the season started that this would not be a winning team , that they are young not only that a lot of trust issues between coaches & players. Let me put it out there & hopefully the words will come back to bite me . Richmond will not beat Scotland or PC . I feel like the state championship and conference champs will be PC and trust and believe them words are very very hard to swallow. Bryan till will not be the head coach next year not because they fire him because he wants to leave himself he try before the season started this
year. That’s why there is a trust issue going on . Trust & believe when I say I am a true 💯 raider fan and this words are hard to swallow but I don’t care if the raiders win any games this year. Because they fans that always putting the players and coaches down don’t deserve a Winning season, maybe if them fans that is always fussing and complaining has a losing season maybe they will appreciate a 10-1 season

Well they starting 0-1 , just like the Raiders...Both teams have good coaches and a lot to work on for week 2...

I will breakdown Butler when that thread starts but I expect that game to be competitive. Butler is talented but young so now is the time to beat them.

Gibbons can be a tough matchup for Richmond. It’s a tough schedule so it should help them when they get to conference play.
Butler has 4 sophomores with Power 5 offers. They're a different type of young.

I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to start after The L on Friday. Guess we'll see if they are truly that talentless, or coaching is the issue in the next 11 weeks. RC has always had the athletes, but rarely finishes with the Championship. Poor county with no jobs and the talent will continue to dwindel. Ran off Hoggard, and I believe that was the last Championship in RC...

I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to start after The L on Friday. Guess we'll see if they are truly that talentless, or coaching is the issue in the next 11 weeks. RC has always had the athletes, but rarely finishes with the Championship. Poor county with no jobs and the talent will continue to dwindel. Ran off Hoggard, and I believe that was the last Championship in RC...
Best shot was 2019. May be for years to come. Anson and Scotland have suffered and Adm. took severe hits. Was only a matter of time before it hit Richmond. With that being said, RC fans need to be fans and support this staff and players. If there’s a player not trusting Till because he wanted to leave for reasons many aren’t privy to, speak to them about trusting whoever is the coach. They still want the best for the kids, period.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Butler is very talented and very well coached. RC is not 45-7 bad. No how now way. Expect them to be better prepared vs. Butler.
Butlers defense is really really good. Gave WC all types of fits. Butler offense is good but prone to turnovers. Butler Defense will be the likely star and RC can win this game. Theyll be much much better.

Till mentioned the game being moved to a day. For a younger team, walk-thrus are crucial. You should see a better product this Friday. May not be a win, but I agree that Richmond isn’t 45-7 bad.

Must admit missing Brad's play calling now know the personel is different but just being honest. I have never seen our offense struggle like this in regular season. Good news it is early in the season.

Reactions: dcov33
Must admit missing Brad's play calling now know the personel is different but just being honest. I have never seen our offense struggle like this in regular season. Good news it is early in the season.
I agree, it is early! Plenty of losses ahead!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT