ADVERTISEMENT

2A Boys 2A West Playoff Projections

Should have never been put into a 10 team conference from the start. It penalizes the CCC in all sports. Thomasville should have went to the PAC-7 and Salisbury and South Rowan to the Rocky River.

Regardless, Salisbury, Thomasville, Lexington, Ledford, and North deserve to all be in and all could definitely win several games if not more.

Who knows about domination, but Lexington and North both lit up Andrews, and even called the "dogs" off....so with that being said the playoff system is significantly flawed. Maybe one day the NCHSAA will come out of the prehistoric cave they live in, but until they do, it is what it is.

Reactions: truthofda336
thekidd12, how is ER gonna be this year. Wheatmore should be pretty good on the diamond
Probably .500 both on year and conference. Better check on Wheat roster. Curveballer went charter route I believe. Leaves only one returning varsity pitcher I think. Pitching will be what makes or breaks ER as well. Good to hear from you.

Need to start baseball thread. How will Randy be this yr on the diamond?
Always a tough team but lost a lot to graduation as well. PG returns the most as far as pitching goes. The problem with most of the teams in conference I think will be in scoring runs.
Man good to talk about a real sport...
wait shouldn't have said that on this board...
Sorry.

Scenario 2 - If the following teams from Pac-7 (Providence Grove/Randleman) and East Montgomery go East.
Here are Longitudes which will determine which way along with how many teams from the East Qualify.
Providence Grove - 79.714
East Montgomery - 79.778
Randleman - 79.829

Any updates ?In the CPC T-ville#2 North#3 Lexington#4

Any updates ?In the CPC T-ville#2 North#3 Lexington#4
You mean the CCC.....
Salisbury-1
Thomasville-2
If ND wins tonight, they are the 3, if not they play Lexington tomorrow at 4:30 pm at Ledford to determine 3 and 4 seeds for playoffs.

Wheatmore got the win last night. The Rains kid was to tough to handle on the inside. Wheatmore plays Randleman tonight at Wheatmore

Reactions: thekidd12
6'6 -6'7 190 pounds. He plays the post and can shot the three. He's a hard worker and very physical. He will more than likely end up at a d-1 school
Hope he does. Runs well. Good hops. Not sure about range on jumper because doesn't have to use it much. Has games where he can't be stopped then some not as much. Like I said earlier Wheatmore has biggest upside to me heading towards playoffs.

Hypothetically speaking, if 2 teams ended up tied for 3rd and 4th in their conference and both lost in tournament semifinals are they supposed to play a tie-breaker to see who ends up 3rd and 4th??

Hypothetically speaking, if 2 teams ended up tied for 3rd and 4th in their conference and both lost in tournament semifinals are they supposed to play a tie-breaker to see who ends up 3rd and 4th??
I believe they do in the CCC. Not sure if that's the case in every conference.

I believe they do in the CCC. Not sure if that's the case in every conference.
Is that based on each conference by-laws? Should just go to the team who won tie breaker criteria just like to determine 3 and 4 seeds for conference tournament. Common sense.

Is that based on each conference by-laws? Should just go to the team who won tie breaker criteria just like to determine 3 and 4 seeds for conference tournament. Common sense.
I think it was only a coin flip that North won over Lexington. They spilt the regular season Matchups with both games going to overtime. They play today at 4:30 for 3rd!

I think it was only a coin flip that North won over Lexington. They spilt the regular season Matchups with both games going to overtime. They play today at 4:30 for 3rd!
Incorrect, criteria was head to head, which was split and then the next head to head starting at the top. Neither team beat Salisbury, but North went 1-1 against Thomasville in regular season, and Lexington was 0-2 against Thomasville.

Incorrect, criteria was head to head, which was split and then the next head to head starting at the top. Neither team beat Salisbury, but North went 1-1 against Thomasville in regular season, and Lexington was 0-2 against Thomasville.
I was going by what Randy Swicegood said on the Radio. If you are correct sir then the Knights should get #3 seed with no game.

I was going by what Randy Swicegood said on the Radio. If you are correct sir then the Knights should get #3 seed with no game.
Apparently the criteria for conference tournament was based on head-to-head but for playoffs, if neither team advances to finals in conference tournament an extra game has to be played...as the head-to-head criteria did not apply for playoffs.

The Dispatch is also reporting that they play today at Ledford to settle the tie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT