ADVERTISEMENT

Boys: #2 Lincoln Charter (34). #1 WSPrep *** FINALS Score *** Scores *** 1A thru 4A Boy's & Girl's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reidsville boys 83
North Pitt 71

I was not there but I heard Rams were down by 13 early but came back to lead by 5 at half

I follow Prep during basketball season and I'll tell you we got all we wanted from My. Airy, S Stokes and a couple other conference games. If you followed basketball in this conference you would understand it is far from a Prep Invitational. I guarantee you if they didn't lump everyone in one sectional and put at least one team from our conference in other brackets you could easily see 3 teams playing next week from our conference. They did a disservice to basketball fans putting 4 teams who happened to be well respected statewide in the same bracket. Our conference by far is the best in the state almost year in and out. Much respect to those teams in our conference. Hardly any gimmes.
95-58??

Ok man, whatever you say. You've convinced me.

95-58??

Ok man, whatever you say. You've convinced me.
The Bears may have had a good reason for being down last night and that reason will come out soon. WSPrep only beat Mount Airy by around 11 points or less in the first 3 games conference games,one I think was 5 points. All I can say is the Northwest was so strong if they had been each put in a separate secetional they could very well have been meeting in the Qtr. finals. They were forced to knock each other of in the first 3 rounds ! You are just another one from the east like football that had no dog in the game and wanting to put the better teams down.Get A Life , your team playing baseball and your mind is still in basketball. Funny 6 of your total of 8 posts as an eastern poster is putting Mount Airy down.

Last edited:
If being taken to the woodshed is what the state would've gotten in the quarter finals, thank you NCHSAA for having the foresight to lump them in the same bracket, to get it out of the way early.

It’s a little demoralizing when you play somebody for the 4th time on the season. Interested to hear FridayNite’s reasoning for Ma.

Seems strange with no games on Friday night!
Seemd strange last night trying to figure some of the boys and girls games that started at 6:30 and on Tweeter when scores were posted not saying if boys or girls. I was not prepared but I will be Saturday Night. A post will follower showing 1A - 2A Boy's & Girl's remaining in the NWC/MVAC/WPAC

1A - 2A Boy's & Girl's remaining from the NWC/MVAC/WPAC
1A Girls: NWC #1 Mount Airy (23-2) MVAC #4 East Wilkes (22-4)
1A Boys:NWC #9 South Stokes (20-7)@NWC #1 Winston-Salem Prep (23-3)
1A Boys: MVAC #6 Starmount (23-3)
2A Girls: MVAC #21 Wilkes Central (16-12) #3 North Wilkes (25-3)

2A Girls: WPAC #6 Atkins (21-5) #10 Forbush (23-4)
2A Boys: WPAC #7 West Stokes (20-7)

Who They Play
1A West Girls
#9 Highlands (16-11) @ #1 Mount Airy (23-2)
#5 Chatham Central (19-3) @ #4 East Wilkes (22-4)
#6 Union Academy (24-2) @ #3 Murphy (25-2)
#10 Cherokee (18-6) @ #2 Mitchell (20-7)

1A West Boys

#9 South Stokes (20-7) @ #1 Winston-Salem Prep (23-3) NWC Match Up 3rd of 3
#5 North Stanly (23-5) @ #4 Avery County (20-6)
#6 Starmount (23-3) @ #3 Pine Lake Preparatory (19-7)
#10 Com School Davidson (23-6) @ #2 Lincoln Charter (24-4)

2A West Girls
#25 Madison (15-11) @ #1 Mountain Heritage (25-1)
#21 Wilkes Central (16-12) @ #4 East Burke (27-1)
#6 Atkins (21-5) @ #3 North Wilkes (25-3)
#18 Ledford (22-5) @ #10 Forbush (23-4)

2A West Boys
#8 Patton (21-6) @ #1 Mountain Heritage (22-1)
#5 Hendersonville (20-6) @ #4 Salisbury (25-3)
#6 R-S Central (21-7) @ #3 East Lincoln (24-5)
#7 West Stokes (20-7) @ #2 Forest Hills (26-2)

West Stokes is the only WPAC 2A men's left but Walkertown come
Close to upsetting the #2 seed.
#2 Forest Hills (83) #15 Walkertown (81)
I checked the box scores but only a final score.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/baske...BnAPkeOJnmqHr3auQ.htm#tab=box-score&schoolid=

Last edited:
If being taken to the woodshed is what the state would've gotten in the quarter finals, thank you NCHSAA for having the foresight to lump them in the same bracket, to get it out of the way early.
That could've just as easily been Prep. I thought they had Prep dead in the water in the conference championship. I'll just say their kids did what was asked and played hard but they Prep back in that one. You're drawing conclusions from scores instead of all the other factors into these games. It's a shame we had to play in these early rounds and I would put money on Mt Airy in another bracket. NCHSAA did us no favors with S Stokes on deck Saturday. You're making ill informed comments about teams you know nothing about.

That could've just as easily been Prep. I thought they had Prep dead in the water in the conference championship. I'll just say their kids did what was asked and played hard but they Prep back in that one. You're drawing conclusions from scores instead of all the other factors into these games. It's a shame we had to play in these early rounds and I would put money on Mt Airy in another bracket. NCHSAA did us no favors with S Stokes on deck Saturday. You're making ill informed comments about teams you know nothing about.
He is a man without a team and he joined NCPrep Dec 4th for football and all but but 2 of his (Only) 9 posts has been about the #1 Mount Airy (14-0) vs. #1 Tarboro (14-0) football and Mount Airy in the basketball playoffs. I think he is really a Mount Airy wanta be. LOL ... Been easing to much fruitcake. He has no one in basketball in the east to brag on so he has to put Mount Airy down. I could say more about that Thursday night game but want at this time.If Mount Airy,WSPrep,South Stokes & Bishop ount of the Northwest Conference had been in 4 different sectionals , I think all 4 would be playing & knocking each other off next week......

Last edited:
Reactions: Veejay4
..............Girls 1A & 2A
End 1st #6 Atkins (20)#3 North Wilkes (07)
Halftime #9 Highlands (12) #1 Mount Airy (29)

Halftime #6 Atkins (27) #3 North Wilkes (20)
End 3rd #9 Highlands (14) #1 Mount Airy (54)

Halftime #6 Atkins (27) #3 North Wilkes (20)
End 3rd #9 Highlands (14) #1 Mount Airy (54)

End 1st #18 Ledford (14) #10 Forbush (12)

Halftime #6 Atkins (38) #3 North Wilkes (33)
Final #9 Highlands (23) #1 Mount Airy (56)

Halftime #18 Ledford (23) #10 Forbush (17)

He is a man without a team and he joined NCPrep Dec 4th for football and all but but 2 of his (Only) 9 posts has been about the #1 Mount Airy (14-0) vs. #1 Tarboro (14-0) football and Mount Airy in the basketball playoffs. I think he is really a Mount Airy wanta be. LOL ... Been easing to much fruitcake. He has no one in basketball in the east to brag on so he has to put Mount Airy down. I could say more about that Thursday night game but want at this time.If Mount Airy,WSPrep,South Stokes & Bishop ount of the Northwest Conference had been in 4 different sectionals , I think all 4 would be playing & knocking each other off next week......
I agree FridayNight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT