ADVERTISEMENT

Blankenship resigns at Swain

Hearing private conversations have taken place already . Might just happen? 3-a to 1-a
You Tuscola guys are ready for Chappell to head on down to Bryson City!

VU853oO.gif

Maybe the bad man will go away. But, maybe he won't. Keep crossing those fingers in Waynesville!

Swain can do so much more as a 1 school county then Pisgah. And he definitely would have a better chance to win something big. 3A is gonna be brutal.

Yeah I've never quite understand the logic in him moving to Swain. Swain is a great program but he's got a good thing going at Pisgah. Sure it would be easier to win state in 1a than in 3a but it's not like Swain is a lock for a state title any time soon.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Need to get someone in place ASAP. The new season is coming on pretty quick. Summer training starts in a month or so.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Andrews has more talent in the pipeline than Swain right now. Phillips is also a Andrews grad, don't see it happening.
Oh. I thought he was a Swain guy. Swain will find somebody good and start turning things aroud to the way they were.

Andrews has more talent in the pipeline than Swain right now. Phillips is also a Andrews grad, don't see it happening.

Andrews has talent on varsity for the next 2 seasons but Swain had a pretty solid jv team during the spring season and their midget group is solid also. I think after the 22 season andrews will drop off significantly.

Andrews has talent on varsity for the next 2 seasons but Swain had a pretty solid jv team during the spring season and their midget group is solid also. I think after the 22 season andrews will drop off significantly.
Yeah I agree with that mostly, I will say Andrews 8th grade group has some good talent though. Andrew's JV team this spring was pretty much all 8th graders, they should be pretty good this fall. When you combine them with Andrews current 10th graders that has the potential to be a special team in 2022, can't see Phillips walking away from that but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Could be a job security move. I know it will be a while before Cherokee County High opens up but I'm sure he knows when it does he might be job hunting again.

Could be a job security move. I know it will be a while before Cherokee County High opens up but I'm sure he knows when it does he might be job hunting again.
About that... probably not happening any time soon thanks to the county being partially on the hook monetarily for these absurd DSS settlements.

Didn't know about all that
A jury awarded 4.6 million in the first case last week and that was the first of over 20 cases. The county insurance will only cover 2 million per case. Taxpayers will bare the rest, makes me want to puke.

A jury awarded 4.6 million in the first case last week and that was the first of over 20 cases. The county insurance will only cover 2 million per case. Taxpayers will bare the rest, makes me want to puke.
DSS settlement? Is that social services?

My wife retired after thirty years with Guilford County DSS. After googling this, all I can say is wow. Sounds like a bunch of folks are in deep poop.

• Wow
Reactions: Steelers71
About that... probably not happening any time soon thanks to the county being partially on the hook monetarily for these absurd DSS settlements.
Yes around 20 cases are pending. County could be on the hook for at least 25 million. Taxpayers will be crushed by these judgements.

Reactions: mbdfan
Y’all have a interesting situation with the dss and sheriffs department

Reactions: Uncgrad1998
D

Hire the best person (someone who can beat Murphy and Robbinsville). Deitz was from Sylva, Rod White Cullowhee, the Maennle's from Andrews, Jenkins from Robbinsville. New coach doesn't have to be from Bryson City.
But since Deitz all were already in the Deitz system. I'm not talking about they need to be born at the hospital in Bryson lol

But since Deitz all were already in the Deitz system. I'm not talking about they need to be born at the hospital in Bryson lol
Who do you suggest that is "in house" and not from Bryson City? Not too familiar with current staff although both co-coaches this spring were from BC and Swain grads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT