ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop Sycamore (OH)

I’m originally from Ohio and had never heard of them when I turned on the game yesterday… Had to look them up to see where they were even located

I watched the game, and the ESPN crew was having problems with discussing information about the program. They had nothing. 😂

Guys I know a lil about espn programming. Most of what you see that is high school sports on espn is produced by 3rs parties like paragon and another group called 3 step sports. Espn needs content out the wazzu so these folks produce content under the espn name as a white lable brand. No one in the general public knows this so it all looks like espn until something like this happens. When LeBron was in hs I produced some of his games along with other hs stars like Lou Williams, Monta ellis and others. We would often pitch these to espn and the old fox sports regional divisions. This is embarrassing for espn.

Last edited:
"Each non-chartered, non-tax supported school must certify in a report to parents at the start of each school year that it meets the Ohio school operating standards in a report that must be filed with the Ohio Department of Education. No one from the department's communications office returned a telephone call Monday, and it was unclear if Bishop Sycamore filed that report."

I'm going to go with they probably didn't lol

Reactions: nepsy7
They lost their first 2 games by 96-0.

Their 2nd game was in the Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, OH. Four of their remaining away games are in Paintsville, KY, Duncanville, TX, Baltimore, and Chester, VA. Somebody seems to have a lot of influence and is putting a lot of money into this.

Also, I could be wrong, but Bishop "Sycamore" seems like a strange name for a school.

Reactions: UNC91
This isn;t on ESPN. As noted above this was through GEICO sponsored 3rd party promoter. ESPN just supplied the TV, and commentators. They dont vet the teams. The 3rd party that built the HS sports block for GEICO is responsible for this. Not so much of the fact of is Bishop Sycamore a legit school, but how would they be matched up against IMG. Pretty reasonable research and vetting could lead you to the top 30-35 programs in American pretty easily, and knowing who IMG is and how they beat up on top FL powers regularly should have sounded the alarm to folks planning.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
This isn;t on ESPN. As noted above this was through GEICO sponsored 3rd party promoter. ESPN just supplied the TV, and commentators. They dont vet the teams. The 3rd party that built the HS sports block for GEICO is responsible for this. Not so much of the fact of is Bishop Sycamore a legit school, but how would they be matched up against IMG. Pretty reasonable research and vetting could lead you to the top 30-35 programs in American pretty easily, and knowing who IMG is and how they beat up on top FL powers regularly should have sounded the alarm to folks planning.

Still on ESPN in my eyes. Extreme Ownership mentality. No different than my company employing a sub-contractor who doesn't perform. Ultimately, it's my job to make sure it goes well.

Reactions: SPRaiders78
Still on ESPN in my eyes. Extreme Ownership mentality. No different than my company employing a sub-contractor who doesn't perform. Ultimately, it's my job to make sure it goes well.
Its no different than a sub-contractor in construction. The GC might not have done the work but its his guy that he gave the work to and the buck stops with the GC if you are the owner or owner's rep!

Bishop sycamore has no campus,no practice field. All classes online. The coach has defaulted on loans has warrants and running from the fuzz! 👮‍♀️

I read this entire article and still don't understand how this happens, the third party companies don't check to see if the school is even there or that the so-called "multiple Division 1 caliber" players are truthful?

Reactions: ncjeff
Its about like someone getting on here bragging about kids running a 4.4 and having multiple D1 offers

I see they posted something on Twitter trying find games and I see they had Chambers on the schedule. I find it interesting and also does their HC have a active warrant n some of these players have already graduated HS.

This is all crazy!

NCHSAA only allows members to play school that are members of their states governing bodies. This would have most likely ran into a road block with Chambers although it may have slid.

This story reminds sort of that team in Charlotte a while back.

Reactions: tdl6242
I don't know what to think about Bishop Sycamore....but the memes have been exceptional! *chef's kiss*

This stuff goes on at the NC "diploma mill" HS BB programs all the time,
I would be grateful if you could give me some further details. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you sir
S2V2

I would be grateful if you could give me some further details. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you sir
S2V2

What happen to your tigers last night old man? Dj looked like the backup he is? Little white boy looked scared ?? Dabo finally has to coach and choked last night huge.........

What happen to your tigers last night old man? Dj looked like the backup he is? Little white boy looked scared ?? Dabo finally has to coach and choked last night huge.........
LOL Tigers do not belong in my alphabet. I like watching Zamir White from the Dawg Pound though. As you know he attended Scotland High School. I missed the game but they didnt play him too much.

You have "online" basketball schools all over NC. They bring kids in from all over, house them in apartments, take courses online in church basements, and play travel basketball all year. Then give them selves a academy name and play the other outlaws during the school year. Then the basketball internet gurus give them appearance money to attend their events. Many of them in the Charlotte area but there spreading.

You have "online" basketball schools all over NC. They bring kids in from all over, house them in apartments, take courses online in church basements, and play travel basketball all year. Then give them selves a academy name and play the other outlaws during the school year. Then the basketball internet gurus give them appearance money to attend their events. Many of them in the Charlotte area but there spreading.
If you could sir, please name the Charlotte many...

If you could sir, please name the Charlotte many...

Yea never heard of these type schools? Is this a real thing? Online classes in highschool? When I was playing 80s, you had to be present in school all day to be able to play in the game that evening?

Yea never heard of these type schools? Is this a real thing? Online classes in highschool? When I was playing 80s, you had to be present in school all day to be able to play in the game that evening?
Mr. UNC91,

In the 80's I was in 4th, 5th, 6th, etc grade
I also had to be present and accounted for or else...
poor
no english
didnt care for school.
Steve Jobs was starting on Apple system out of his parents garage(1976-1980's).
Atari has just came out.
and The Police knew about COVID back then when they came out with their big hit "Dont stand so close to me"

Last edited:
lol... i guess your looking for a fight S2V2? Do you have a kid that goes to schools with Regional, Global, etc attach to one of their 4 teams? Do you have kids that the "IG" star dad includes on his team? Mikeys Academy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT