ADVERTISEMENT

Best 1a team since 2010

BlackKnightPride23

Sep 2, 2022
Just a fun discussion I’ll throw some teams out there. 2014/19 Robbinsville. 2011/12 swain 2016 Murphy 2019 East surry. I wonder what year Tarboro will pick a lot of good teams

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I mean I think it's got to be tarboro. We beat them but that was a way down team as far as they are concerned. This past years tarboro team was much better than that one in my opinion. That being said. 18 team was some bad dudes. Just going on ones I saw.

I think Robbinsville 2020 should be on the list.
Yeah we got beat by a team we had already beat but that was a good team.

Aren't we talking about the best? Who you would put up against anyone from that era? Our 19 team is in it. 5 d 1 players in one team.
Plymouth had four or five D1 players when the played Robbinsville most of them went to ECU and I’m sorry roughtrader who do you pull for I really don’t know if you talking about 19 I hope your talking about East surry

Reactions: BK13T-$
Plymouth had four or five D1 players when the played Robbinsville most of them went to ECU and I’m sorry roughtrader who do you pull for I really don’t know if you talking about 19 I hope your talking about East surry
19 East Surry defense was average but was one of the best passing offenses that I have seen in high school football. Beat a good Reidsville team that went on to win 2A championship that year.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
19 East Surry defense was average but was one of the best passing offenses that I have seen in high school football. Beat a good Reidsville team that went on to win 2A championship that year.
That is fact best passing team in the state that year but I’m not trying to pick one team I want to know what everybody favorite team that was really good

I would definitely put the 2019 East Surry team as on of the Best if not the Best. The Mt Airy 2008 or 2009 team that won the State gong away should also be considered. I am sure their are some Tarboro teams as well.

I’m going to go with the 2019 East surry team .. yes the defense may not have be the best ever but that offense was on another level. Last years Mt. Airy looked pretty darn good .. I long watch the draughn and the title game but they were good

I mean I think it's got to be tarboro. We beat them but that was a way down team as far as they are concerned. This past years tarboro team was much better than that one in my opinion. That being said. 18 team was some bad dudes. Just going on ones I saw.
2019 was a great team. If anybody else had represented the west that year tarboro would have won imo. This past years team was good but not as good defensive wise. Offense was pretty close to even.

2015 Wallace-Rose Hill Bulldogs. Johnny Glaspie, Keyshawn Canady, Aliza Carter, Javonte Williams, Desmond Newkirk, Eric James, Hunter Hanchey, Yahir Cano. They went 15-1 Started off that year whipping up on Hoggard in Jamboree. Lost our 3rd game of season to JK after beating Laney and ED soundly two games before. I could tell before that game at JK our guys minds wasn’t right. The Dogs beat Clinton 28-14. Third round of playoffs beat East Carteret 59-7. EC had a QB that had passed for over 4600 yds and was ranked #1 in state and #8 nationally. Then our dogs got revenge on JK 29-13 in Eastern Championship. A game that Cano made a 52 yd fg as time expired at half. That changed the game a the dogs dominated second half. Went to play championship against Mitchell which I thought was second best team we played behind JK. The first time Keyshawn touch the ball, he was hit in knee area and sprained it. He was out and that’s when JJ ( Johnnie Glaspie) had probably the best game I’ve seen from a RB at Wallace-Rose Hill . He was electrifying and WRH won 48-28 to go back to back. That team scored 98 touchdowns and averaged 45 points a game and over 5600 offensive yds. WRH had 123 tackles for loss and 17 interceptions and gave up less than 10 points a game. That’s my best 1a team but I can’t forget that Albemarle team with TA

Albemarle 2001 was very good and some say Albemarle 2002 was the best all-around team on all sides of ball.

2019 East Surry was the best I’ve seen since 2010.

For the poster that mentioned Starmount. That was in 2014 when we lost to a very powerful WRH team led by Cannady and Glaspie. Javonte Williams was a freshman on that WRH team.

Reactions: 87SwO and dogs79
The best team I ever saw in my 27 years is the 2011 Swain team. They were as complete as I’ve ever seen a team. 2019 Robbinsville is a close second but I give the nod to Swain solely because they had the full package. Size, Speed, strength.

Reactions: dogs79
I guess as a Mitchell fan I can take some smiles and pride from the fact Mitchell was beaten by several of the teams listed above in regional finals or a couple state title games.

Both the 2015 and 2019 Mitchell teams were right there to be title contenders/winners but nope ran into 2 buzz saws.

Anyway agree with those mentioned. Wish I would have seen some of those Albemarle teams.

Go Mountaineers

Good question! Hate to say but WRH did beat them in 16 year before we went 2a. 35-17 in the dog pound. That game Tarboro was up 17-14 at the half.
Hey tarborovikingsfan2018. That game in 16 was one of my top 2 wins ever in the dogpound. That game was big for our confidence going to 2a the next year cause Tarboro was da SHIT!

The best team I ever saw in my 27 years is the 2011 Swain team. They were as complete as I’ve ever seen a team. 2019 Robbinsville is a close second but I give the nod to Swain solely because they had the full package. Size, Speed, strength.

I'm not sure 2019 was better than 2014.
2009 is said to be the best of the 3.

Reactions: RealStihl
2015 Wallace-Rose Hill Bulldogs. Johnny Glaspie, Keyshawn Canady, Aliza Carter, Javonte Williams, Desmond Newkirk, Eric James, Hunter Hanchey, Yahir Cano. They went 15-1 Started off that year whipping up on Hoggard in Jamboree. Lost our 3rd game of season to JK after beating Laney and ED soundly two games before. I could tell before that game at JK our guys minds wasn’t right. The Dogs beat Clinton 28-14. Third round of playoffs beat East Carteret 59-7. EC had a QB that had passed for over 4600 yds and was ranked #1 in state and #8 nationally. Then our dogs got revenge on JK 29-13 in Eastern Championship. A game that Cano made a 52 yd fg as time expired at half. That changed the game a the dogs dominated second half. Went to play championship against Mitchell which I thought was second best team we played behind JK. The first time Keyshawn touch the ball, he was hit in knee area and sprained it. He was out and that’s when JJ ( Johnnie Glaspie) had probably the best game I’ve seen from a RB at Wallace-Rose Hill . He was electrifying and WRH won 48-28 to go back to back. That team scored 98 touchdowns and averaged 45 points a game and over 5600 offensive yds. WRH had 123 tackles for loss and 17 interceptions and gave up less than 10 points a game. That’s my best 1a team but I can’t forget that Albemarle team with TA
If im not mistaken didn’t Wallace have a player in the NFL off of that 2014-2015 team

If im not mistaken didn’t Wallace have a player in the NFL off of that 2014-2015 team
04 and 05 we lost to Thomasville in the championship by one. Those teams had Nate Irving that went to State and his senior year rated one if the top linebackers in college football. He was drafted by the Broncos and played well behind no other than Von Miller. Nate did start in the Superbowl and played well in the loss. He played with Peyton Manning. He is now a teacher and coaches high school football in Denver( I was told). I see his grandmother often in the store. You do know Javonte had 4 rings 14,15,16,17 and is at Denver.

Reactions: ITJ and Orange01
Only time will tell, of course, but I believe this years Mt Airy has a "chance" to be in the conversation. Why? Their defense. If it maintains or improves on the past two years, their offense goes even slightly better than last two years, I believe they would rightly deserve consideration.

As I have said on another posting, I truly believe the fight will be what goes on between the players ears. If their head is on straight, they play not just one game at a time, but rather they play one play at a time, then this group will be very special. Otherwise, they could be just very good.

Hey tarborovikingsfan2018. That game in 16 was one of my top 2 wins ever in the dogpound. That game was big for our confidence going to 2a the next year cause Tarboro was da SHIT!
That was a good game to. Truthfully it was the real 1aa state title that year. Btw both teams need to get a non conference game between each other. Cause no matter what Tarboro does they still have that Wallace rose hill monkey on their back.

That was a good game to. Truthfully it was the real 1aa state title that year. Btw both teams need to get a non conference game between each other. Cause no matter what Tarboro does they still have that Wallace rose hill monkey on their back.
You right, that was the championship game to us also. We really have a lot of respect for Tarboro. One of the all time great programs. I’m sure we would feel the same way in the loss.

Almost as big a win for our program was when WRH went to Tarboro and broke if I remember, a 47 home game win streak. I think it was in 13 but I knew our program was for real after that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT