ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball officials possible strike

Something needs to be done, Sportsnut. As you well know. But more money isn going to fix the real problems.

Something needs to be done, Sportsnut. As you well know. But more money isn going to fix the real problems.
We got the full ad-hoc committee report yesterday. Officials have been told for years that our pay was either ahead or close to surrounding states. We are behind all states that adjoins NC.

Most states have some type of fine or playoff restrictions for schools violating sportsmanship codes. These restrictions in some states include issues with fan sportsmanship. I think there was about 4000 officials responded to the survey and actually sportsmanship was the number one concern by the officials. Pay was a close second.

It was a very well prepared report that was presented to the BOD today. The committee was formed by the NCHSAA, it will be interesting to see if they take any action. OBTW, the $40 million was brought up also.

Reactions: ocdavis31
In AZ Sportsmanship is extreme like Students section no where what u see in NC, Also Referee rate the team in their report after their games and also any action toward a referee can be report by a AD and AD have a lot control on fan like cussing n such is automatically tossed like they are on top of it in AZ like Half stuff u see here between player trash talking to students to whatever u non existent in AZ

In AZ Sportsmanship is extreme like Students section no where what u see in NC, Also Referee rate the team in their report after their games and also any action toward a referee can be report by a AD and AD have a lot control on fan like cussing n such is automatically tossed like they are on top of it in AZ like Half stuff u see here between player trash talking to students to whatever u non existent in AZ
In the report, there is discussion about referees reporting on action of school personnel and fans for each game. With action taken by offendi schools.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
OK officals the ball is in your court! The NCHSAA approve the 10% raise across the board. From reading about what the oficals wanted is not what they wanted.

OK officals the ball is in your court! The NCHSAA approve the 10% raise across the board. From reading about what the oficals wanted is not what they wanted.
What do the official want? I’m not in my referee circle rn so I haven’t heard much about it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT