ADVERTISEMENT

BAD NEWS BEARS

gdawg74

Nov 4, 2006
Oct 21st, Bears are still number 1 in latest Rpi this morning, number 2 in the max preps rating, 8-0 going into week 10. Riding a 38 game win streak. Always get everyone’s best game because of who they are. Opponent's records are 36 -26 to date, with 14 of those 26 losses coming from 2 teams on schedule. Arguably the best this traditional schedule for the bears have been in a number of years. East Surry , North Surry , Surry Central, Ashe County , East Wilkes , Starmount are all having exceptional years. Some compare this years bears team to the last without taking into consideration that all teams on the Bears schedule are all much improved. They’ve played and beat these schools with a team that some say isn’t what it was while all these other teams have the best teams they have had in years. While we ride into the playoffs resting up , healing up, working on the X’s and O’s and cleaning up the laundry 🧺 basket preparing for yet another playoff run. I’m hearing the phrase refuse to lose and making doubters believers is the whispers in the locker room these days. I hear excitement from other fan bases about undefeated middle school teams and undefeated JV teams all awesome accomplishments. But let’s talk about this group of bears. This junior class has experienced one loss, well a couple of them against East Surry which was the last time the bears lost. It was their 9th grade year 1st game ever as a high schooler. Outside of that they have never lost, not even at the little league level. Great teams find ways to win especially when facing adversity. Adversity makes teams stronger. If I’m thinking right this team will be peaking at the right time. PLAYOFF TIME. Give me a few reasons why I should doubt this group ?

Last edited:
I also believe this team is coming together at the right time of year.
I also think the coaching staff is finally coming together after having to find its work flow/ decision making with a new HC.
Congratulations on this as well.

Reactions: sbbbfan and gdawg74
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT