ADVERTISEMENT

Antonio Moore/Head Football Coach/Northeastern High School:

hornet62

May 11, 2010
The fans and supporter of Northeastern High School Football would like some answers from the NC Shrines Bowl selection committee that select the coaches for the Shrines Bowl why one of the winningest coach in the entire state of NC in 11yrs. as a head coach has never been invited to coach in the Shrines Bowl as an assistant coach to begin with. The things fans like about coach Moore is that he isn't like most other coaches and will play any teams regard of their classification of location. A lot of his players goes to college on an athletic scholarship and are good students in the classroom and he cares bout his kids not like some coaches that want to pad their resume with wins and losses but care about them as a person and their future contribution to their community. He's an easy coach to talk to as fan, as a matter of fact for you who don't know they are going to participate in the HSOT/Jambore at Cardinal-Gibbons High School in Raleigh at 2:00pm against Southern Durham those of you that live close to Raleigh you can come and see two of his 4 start recruit in J.R. Walker and outstanding football players that can play any positions on the field and Freshwater both are sophomore and already have multiple D1 offers. J.R. Walker got an offer from Duke after his freshman year after attending one of their camp during the summer. Northeastern has some outstanding athletes and in coach Moore tenure at Northeastern they have been to the third round of the playoff except in his first year when he had to put the team on notice because of their discipline but since that time they have been one of the best offensive team in NC. The reason coach Moore has never been considered for an assistant coaching position I hope the power to be that make that determination at the NC Shrines Bowl can explain their reasons to the fans of northeastern NC. Another thing is why don't the Shrines Bowl selection committee never had a Shrines Bowl Combine in northeastern NC.? There are a lot of schools in the area that will be glad to entertain the Shrines Bowl Combine. I hope they have an answer. Thanks.

Moore should have been a coach several years ago in my opinion. A poster here made a big stink about him not being selected this year. I do not get that one.

I have studied the combine situation and spoken with coaches about it every year. They have five of them and I think that is sufficient and meets the geographical aspects as much as they really can. This year it was Kinston, Clayton, Charlotte Olympic, Eastern Alamance, and Asheville AC Reynolds. They hit the two major metro areas, the north Piedmont and then the eastern and western edges of the state. ACR is just over two hours from Murphy. Kinston is over 2:30 hours to South Columbus and 2:30 hours from Currituck which is probably the fartherst school to the northeast. Both schools are three hours to the next nearest combine. (Correct me if I am wrong on that.) Every coach except one was at the Kinston combine including the head coach, David Gentry, who drove over seven hours to get there. In 2014 the combine was at Washington HS.

Moore should have been a coach several years ago in my opinion. A poster here made a big stink about him not being selected this year. I do not get that one.

I have studied the combine situation and spoken with coaches about it every year. They have five of them and I think that is sufficient and meets the geographical aspects as much as they really can. This year it was Kinston, Clayton, Charlotte Olympic, Eastern Alamance, and Asheville AC Reynolds. They hit the two major metro areas, the north Piedmont and then the eastern and western edges of the state. ACR is just over two hours from Murphy. Kinston is over 2:30 hours to South Columbus and 2:30 hours from Currituck which is probably the fartherst school to the northeast. Both schools are three hours to the next nearest combine. (Correct me if I am wrong on that.) Every coach except one was at the Kinston combine including the head coach, David Gentry, who drove over seven hours to get there. In 2014 the combine was at Washington HS.
First Flight and Manteo High School are further in northeastern NC than Currituck never the less Northeastern and Edenton/Holmes with their history should have hosted a Shrine Bowl Combine just like Kinston and Washington along time ago so the kids from as far as Manteo,First Flight,and Currituck can attend the combine if their parents cannot afford to take them to Kinston etc. because have to work. You are right Btango coach Moore should has been selected along time ago. You can email Mr. Long the AD that does the selection of coaches for the NC. Shrines-Bowl and ask him why Moore has never been chosen, Mr. Long email is rlong24762@aol.com. There are coaches that were chosen that don't have half the winning /lost record coach Moore has.

I agree on Moore 100% and have voiced this. I disagree 100% on the combines at EH and NE. Does not logistically or geographically make sense. Not even close.

I agree on Moore 100% and have voiced this. I disagree 100% on the combines at EH and NE. Does not logistically or geographically make sense. Not even close.
I disagree on the geographically and logistically point because if the kids from those school mentioned previously why at least once let the other kids do some travel for a change to the area of the state that does not receive half the attention or respect the other parts of the state does. There are a lot of good/great athletes from northeastern NC that if they aren't on social media some of the coaches doesn't even mention it to the kids and I know that for a fact.

It is a numbers game and it is very simple. You want to centralize as much as possible and have as many players within a two hour drive as possible. They do five combines and try to spread them out. The coaches attempt to be at all of them. Gentry drove from Murphy for each of the combines.

As you get near the state line or the ocean it geographically cuts down the number of schools to the north (in this case) due to the VA border and to the east due to the ocean. How many schools are north and east of Kinston HS? How many are north and east of Northeastern and Holmes. When that is the central point it drastically cuts down on the number of schools in two directions.

The Charlotte combine went to Olympic HS which was not ideal because to the south is SC but there are so many schools with an hour drive they went with it. South Meck offered to host it but they do not have turf and that is ideal if available. The coach currently at Olympic had been running the area combine at Rocky River HS for several years. They would like to do the combines at colleges (ECU, UNCC, Wake, and a Triangle school would be preferred) but the NCAA rules do not allow it.

I know the guy very well that oversees the logistical aspect of the the combines. He travels to the five in NC and three in SC if they do not overlap He is 100% volunteer with no pay! At the very top of the list of most dedicated, stand up men I know. I have went over it with him numerous times and we have looked at maps with eastern coaches. The coaches in Fayetteville and the Sandhills wanted a combine so they went to Scotland when Pinecrest did not work out. When coaches wanted one east of I-95 they went to Washington and Kinston. There is one in Clayton which is the east side of Raleigh.

It is a numbers game and it is very simple. You want to centralize as much as possible and have as many players within a two hour drive as possible. They do five combines and try to spread them out. The coaches attempt to be at all of them. Gentry drove from Murphy for each of the combines.

As you get near the state line or the ocean it geographically cuts down the number of schools to the north (in this case) due to the VA border and to the east due to the ocean. How many schools are north and east of Kinston HS? How many are north and east of Northeastern and Holmes. When that is the central point it drastically cuts down on the number of schools in two directions.

The Charlotte combine went to Olympic HS which was not ideal because to the south is SC but there are so many schools with an hour drive they went with it. South Meck offered to host it but they do not have turf and that is ideal if available. The coach currently at Olympic had been running the area combine at Rocky River HS for several years. They would like to do the combines at colleges (ECU, UNCC, Wake, and a Triangle school would be preferred) but the NCAA rules do not allow it.

I know the guy very well that oversees the logistical aspect of the the combines. He travels to the five in NC and three in SC if they do not overlap He is 100% volunteer with no pay! At the very top of the list of most dedicated, stand up men I know. I have went over it with him numerous times and we have looked at maps with eastern coaches. The coaches in Fayetteville and the Sandhills wanted a combine so they went to Scotland when Pinecrest did not work out. When coaches wanted one east of I-95 they went to Washington and Kinston. There is one in Clayton which is the east side of Raleigh.
There are at 36 high schools north and east of Kinston that the kids from those schools would be able to attend a combine if one was held in Edenton or Northeastern High School and there are eight high school north of both schools. Tell the guy you know to throw Edenton Holmes and Northeastern a (BONE) at least once. Also let Moore coach in the Shrine Bowl at least once. Does he has the juice to put in a word for coach Moore? If the kids can travel from northeastern NC. why not let the other kids travel for once to northeastern NC for a combine? Thanks.

He is 100% for Coach Moore. I discussed it with him. He also made a big push for Coach Gentry from Murphy. I expect Coach Moore gets the slot for the 2018 game although we agree it should have came much sooner.

He is 100% for Coach Moore. I discussed it with him. He also made a big push for Coach Gentry from Murphy. I expect Coach Moore gets the slot for the 2018 game although we agree it should have came much sooner.
Good and throw Edenton/Holmes and Northeastern a (Bone) two of the most prominent high schools in northeastern NC and the state in the NCHSAA history with over 600 of more wins for Edenton/Holmes.

There are at 36 high schools north and east of Kinston that the kids from those schools would be able to attend a combine if one was held in Edenton or Northeastern High School and there are eight high school north of both schools. If the kids can travel from northeastern NC. why not let the other kids travel for once to northeastern NC for a combine? Thanks.

With a combine just east of Raleigh in Clayton they locate the one east of I-95 south of Greenville due to the Wilmington and Brunswick schools. They try to center it. When they went to Washington in 2014 it was the least attended of the five. I was there and Sport and his staff did a great job hosting. Your first sentenece supports further why it would not be logistically smart and as I wrote it is based on numbers.

I think the eight eight schools located to the north and east of Edenton Holmes by my best guess (correct me if I am wrong) would be Camden, Currituck, Pasquaotank, Perquimans, Gates, Hertford, Manteo, and First Flight although it is to the south.

With a combine just east of Raleigh in Clayton they locate the one east of I-95 south of Greenville due to the Wilmington and Brunswick schools. They try to center it. When they went to Washington in 2014 it was the least attended of the five. I was there and Sport and his staff did a great job hosting. Your first sentenece supports further why it would not be logistically smart and as I wrote it is based on numbers.

I think the eight eight schools located to the north and east of Edenton Holmes by my best guess (correct me if I am wrong) would be Camden, Currituck, Pasquaotank, Perquimans, Gates, Hertford, Manteo, and First Flight although it is to the south.

All i'm saying is that the kids from northeastern NC it's okay if they have to travel 2 plus hrs. to participate in Shrine Bowl but for kids from the more metro area they shouldn't have to travel far. There are 37 high schools north/east of Kinston with almost 35,000 kids in attended that might not get to participate in a combine because of it location. But at least have one in northeastern NC and I bet the turnout will be just a great as Kinston of Clayton because the kids in northeastern, NC are becoming more aware of what they need to do to participate in different bowls games. The kids from First Flight will support the Shrines Bowl if it was in Elizabeth City because every year when coach Wheeler at Currituck does is camp with Western Carolina University there are always a lot of kids in attended even kids as far away as West Virginia high schools. At least try Elizabeth City Northeastern and Edenton/Holmes and see how it turn out if the numbers are down as it was at Washington High School in 2014 then don't have it again. Either way the Shrines Bowl isn't going to lose any money plus AD Moore and Coach Moore at Northeastern would be honored to host the combine. Thanks.

I would expect Paul Hoggard will be the HC in the coming years. If he wants to hold it at Holmes so be it.

I would expect Paul Hoggard will be the HC in the coming years. If he wants to hold it at Holmes so be it.
The only thing to do his for your guy to ask and see. I know coach Hoggard will have a lot of seniors on his team this season that could hold their own at any combine if the opportunity was there. Thanks.

Another reason the Shrines Bowl should be held once in awhile is because on last year team 2016 not one players on the roster was from a school north of Rocky Mount. Just like the Carolina Panthers call themselves the Carolina Panthers they don't ever have camps from Raleigh north ward to the northeaster part of the state but those fans support the Panthers also and wear Cam Newton Jersey.

To coach in the East/West All Stars Game in July a coach must be a member of the coaches association of NC. for at least ten years. So therefore although coach Moore record is outstanding even the association people admit to that he's not paid his duds yet to be a coach on the East coaching staff. Coach Moore has sent just as many players to college to play ball as any coach in eastern NC. He currently has two four star recruits on his team who are just juniors and by the end of the season will have a few more D1 recruits on his team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT