ADVERTISEMENT

Amaris Williams

g-dog08

Feb 24, 2005
question for you Clinton folk in the know, will Amaris stay committed to Florida or will he flip to maybe Auburn. Florida is becoming a bigger dumpster fire than my Tar Heel program. I honestly find it hard to find 3 wins on next years schedule and Napier will be gone most likely.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I don’t know where he is going. I hope he goes where he can prosper the most. I just asked him for three tickets to a game his senior year.

question for you Clinton folk in the know, will Amaris stay committed to Florida or will he flip to maybe Auburn. Florida is becoming a bigger dumpster fire than my Tar Heel program. I honestly find it hard to find 3 wins on next years schedule and Napier will be gone most likely.
Tennessee and Ohio State made some late pushes for him including Ohio State Coach Ryan Day making a in person visit to Clinton. He will be signing tomorrow afternoon in a ceremony at the high school I guess we will find out if he flips or not.

Merly speculation, I think its Ohop State or Georgia, but again I have no inside information and just speculating on who Ive seen at the school recruiting him. I'm quite sure there others. I did read on X (twitter)

Square profile picture

Rivals

@Rivals
·
2h

🚨
LIVE COMMITMENT
🚨
#Rivals250 SDE Amaris Williams will be announcing his COMMITMENT live with
@RivalsFriedman
TOMORROW at 1:40 pm EST

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Hope it’s ok that I share this story. It’s the best recruiting story I ever heard. The NC state coach told amaris that he realizes he is a big time recruit. You will get many offers and have many visits. I just have one request. Do not sleep in the car on the way to visit the schools. I want you to realize how far away these schools are.

The bigger question nowadays is will he finish his college career where he starts it at… Good luck to him wherever he ends up but Florida and Auburn both slipping in the SEC

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Hope it’s ok that I share this story. It’s the best recruiting story I ever heard. The NC state coach told amaris that he realizes he is a big time recruit. You will get many offers and have many visits. I just have one request. Do not sleep in the car on the way to visit the schools. I want you to realize how far away these schools are.

For some, going far away is a good thing.

Florida is a dumpster fire right now, my son is a gator fan, I take him to the swamp one game a year, we went to Arkansas game this year and i told him to look out that things there are about to get bad. I find it hard to find 3 wins on next years schedule.

Surprising move Amaris flips to Auburn. That was his last visit a week ago they most of made quite the impression on him.

Congrats to him and Josiah McLaurin who also signed with Maryland today.

Auburn must have gave him the bag.
OSU is not going to throw a bunch of money at a recruit. They get too many to pick from. Hell McCord had to transfer over asking for more nil money. He approached Coach Day just a day or 2 after losing to Michigan and asked for more money. Ryan Day said “ Son that ain’t the way it works around here”.

Reactions: dogs79
OSU is not going to throw a bunch of money at a recruit. They get too many to pick from. Hell McCord had to transfer over asking for more nil money. He approached Coach Day just a day or 2 after losing to Michigan and asked for more money. Ryan Day said “ Son that ain’t the way it works around here”.
McCord got processed for the next QB

Well, they seem to have plenty of NIL money for a Reidsville Sophomore.

McCord got processed for the next QB
That’s not what came first. Him asking for more money was what started that series of events. Remember he threw a couple of picks against Michigan then had nerve to go ask for more money. Now Day may have been thinking about going that route but McCord made it easy.
I’ll add without asking for more money he could have competed for starting in camp next year. But after asking for more cash he was put in a place where transferring was his only option. Much in the same way States qb Morris put himself in the transfer portal by quitting on his team with a chance to win 10 games.

You can forget trying to convince me that Williams liked Auburn more than OSU! 💰 💰 💰
I would say the depth chart at Auburn looked pretty good compared to playing early at OSU plus the NIL

Not sure I would say that OSU isn't going to throw money at a recruit. They gave Ewers $1.4 million to hang out on campus for a year. But I do agree that they are much more selective than other programs.

Reactions: Otis4411
Amaris is participating in the All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Saturday Jan 6th at 1 pm on NBC. Amaris is on the East team listed as #14 playing DL.

Reactions: Otis4411
Amaris is participating in the All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Saturday Jan 6th at 1 pm on NBC. Amaris is on the East team listed as #14 playing DL.
Saw he has been performing very well in practices,1 on 1 drills etc all week. Looking forward to watching him play Saturday.

Reactions: TheMule
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT