ADVERTISEMENT

Alleghany

Your right it was very impressive performance. But going for 2 was to send it in overtime BC we missed our first extra point and we were down 8.

I hope in some ways eventually Mt airy goes that route but I hear that it causes more injuries plus its hot in hot weather I know Gaylax has had it quite sometime I'm hearing some dang good things out of Sparta this year I wish you guys good season
I can attest it is hot. But for an old guy it is easier on my legs.

NFHS Network, few years back Alleghany cable vision did it with announcers and you could watch it online for free, did a real nice job even on away games but they don't cover the games anymore.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Well crap.

Nfhs= motion camera for $12
Grahamstarsports $7

Keep us updated.
I'm not paying for that crap. Half the time it doesn't even work any or it does work but doesn't catch the plays. I guess as long as it has latte it's fine.

Reactions: The Deerhunter
I cant keep u updated Im not going to watch y'all destroy us. Why dont you come to the game you could get an updated avatar. You could see the best looking field Biden has ever paid for lol. We are having a stadium renovation ceremony whatever that is at halftime. Why we chose the best team we play all year to do that baffles me.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan and BK13T-$
Why did you say please say no? When asking about do we broadcast. Alleghanys nfhs actually does a good job and u can hear the announcers its not the crazy PRE recorded sound you hear on most games. Not like we are known for long passes so doubt you would miss any plays BC camera wouldn't keep up. I watched your grahamsports broadcast vs Cherokee last year in the playoffs and agree its definitely better.

Last edited:
Because if you said you don't broadcast I know the Star would be able to.

I've only paid for nfhs 3 times.
The ER game last year took my money a showed nothing. The other times was average at best and yes I messed some pass plays but also some mis direction plays. I might still go or rent it.

Alleghany has good coverage on nfhs. Mount Airy has good coverage to, but you have to turn sound up to here stadium announcements at Mount Airy and the jumbotron is a bit loud at those volumes. North Surry and East Surry is just ok on NFHS.

I cant keep u updated Im not going to watch y'all destroy us. Why dont you come to the game you could get an updated avatar. You could see the best looking field Biden has ever paid for lol. We are having a stadium renovation ceremony whatever that is at halftime. Why we chose the best team we play all year to do that baffles me.
Think it's neck and neck in that. Maybe because you will be better at the end of the year but Mayberry is pretty good. Didn't see robbinsville game against us but did this past week's. Vastly different ass whuppins. Mt airy gives you no time to breathe. Robbinsville is a methodical pounding. Both hurt. I hope neither one of those schools gets turf. Or us. I understand up there getting it. It looked like it was hard to grow grass up there. From past games. But man it sure is pretty.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Well crap.

Nfhs= motion camera for $12
Grahamstarsports $7

Keep us updated.
I'm not paying for that crap. Half the time it doesn't even work any or it does work but doesn't catch the plays. I guess as long as it has latte it's fine.
WTOE for broadcast. One of the announcers is a senior and on the golf team. He’s been mentored since he was 7 years old and he does a fantastic job.

The Eastern Randolph NFHS coverage was among the worst I've come across on the NFHS, at least for the playoff game with MountAiry last year. As you said half the time you can't see what is going on because one side of the field was completely blurred out. Most school do a pretty decent job though if they have it. Better than nothing if you can only go to one game, you can see what happened in others the next day if they offer it.

Reactions: sbbbfan
I enjoy it too. They do a good job. I can watch a little SMC with their coverage for free. Ashe County FB has most of their games on YouTube as well.

Reactions: Usdi Watali
Maroon Devil Network is pretty sweet. Cherokee used to have GWY Sports on YouTube but idk if they’ve streamed any football yet this year. They were nice to watch and the announcers are funny.

Reactions: RexReally
Who knows maybe we can get new posters to come chat with us if we talk about schools other than the same 4 or 5.
That would be ideal. I miss when the Princeton, Rosewood and South Creek guys would be on here talking about Johnny Frazier and their whole conference.

NFHS is pretty solid, granted that E Randolph feed was a joke they were just doing that out of spite I believe. North Forsyth's isn't in good shape but most everyone I've seen is solid. Alleghany's is great, just gotta wait for the sun to set earlier for it to be pefect but they can't help it.

Ours has improved a lot, we installed it with no experience last year. MA game was rough but the JV games were done pretty well. It glitched up last week, I hope we got it fixed now though.

It will take the bus about 2 and a half hours to get from Sparta to Ledger. You would think teams could find closer opponents.

Didn't play in 90s... Played Cherokee in the playoffs once back then but that's the farthest we went.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT